R.I.P. Peter Turns aka Bandit1973

• Thread starter Manchester red n white
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to say. RIP. My thoughts are with his family.

surely a minute of silence at SOL should be in order? im sure thats something his family would appreciate due to him being a die hard sunderland supporter?

This is dreadful news and I am so so sorry for Peter's family and friends. From a Stags fan I'd like to offer my deepest sympathies to all who knew Peter especially his family and also Sunderland FC who have so tragically lost a great supporter.

R.I.P. Peter

supercollins said:
surely a minute of silence at SOL should be in order? im sure thats something his family would appreciate due to him being a die hard sunderland supporter?

worth getting in touch with the club imo. Be a great tribute.

taylor said:
r.ip bandit

that is a great idea japs.

didnt know the bloke but maybe someone who knew him could suggest it as i dont think its really my place to do so.

All the suggestions made for a rememberance of Peter are really good ideas. If anyone could make either the Black bands or the minutes silence at the Stadium of Light, happen that would be an amazing gesture to him.
I'm trying to get something sorted at school in the ICT department to remember him by. I was thinking getting a Sunderland shirt with 'Turns 1' on the back and getting it framed with a plaque on it.

Mr Turns was a great teacher but most of all an amazing friend, he really does deserve to be remembered and I think it's fitting to remember him whilst involving the club he loved

Spuddyboy said:
All the suggestions made for a rememberance of Peter are really good ideas. If anyone could make either the Black bands or the minutes silence at the Stadium of Light, happen that would be an amazing gesture to him.
I'm trying to get something sorted at school in the ICT department to remember him by. I was thinking getting a Sunderland shirt with 'Turns 1' on the back and getting it framed with a plaque on it.

Mr Turns was a great teacher but most of all an amazing friend, he really does deserve to be remembered and I think it's fitting to remember him whilst involving the club he loved
I reckon the players would wear the armbands like, just i dunno where to get them from

As far as i'm aware - most clubs have their own black armbands.

Best bet would be for someone to contact the club and ask to speak to someone in the PR department.

A great idea though and one which i hope the club agree to as it seems an extremely fitting tribute.

Just a thought and as a mark of respect for one of of our own who has gone in such tragic circumstances but what do folk think of changing their signature on the day his family send him on his way to something like "RIP Peter rest in peace mate"

Thoughts....?

Edit.and/or use the lads avatar as well??

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that would be a canny idea, to show were all thinking of his friends and family as they say there last goodbyes

the streaker said:
Just a thought and as a mark of respect for one of of our own who has gone in such tragic circumstances but what do folk think of changing their signature on the day his family send him on his way to something like "RIP Peter rest in peace mate"

Thoughts....?
A pre-longed two hour posting ban on the morning of the funeral would be better,with this thread moved to the top of the gold board forever. IMO.

I never knew Peter but recognised Bandit1973 and remembered posts.

This is terribly sad.

Sincere condolences to all who were close to him.

RIP

Spuddyboy said:

Ben

have a look around and see what trees are in full blossom at the minute. Plant one in the school grounds and every year when it blossoms it'll be a reminder of him

just don't go raising a glass to the fella, from what I can see he would not have approved of youths drinking ;)

RIP Peter.:-(

At least the family have some closure on this. Its horrible news but its better knowing. You have my sincere condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back