Quinn’s bar for the Ipswich game

Wind up

It's hardly an attraction. Back in the day it was open every day with no entry fee.

Different bar tbf
I remember going for a few pints during the week back in the day. Sure they used to have quizzes on and that? Was a canny bar back then before it became this weird members only place.

If they put the Park and Ride on for it and supply me with free drink for the afternoon then I might consider popping down.
I didn't mind getting kicked out of the North Stand as I knew they were stuck between a rock and a hard place.
But the whole BCB thing was an utter shambles, they shouldn't have even been given hospitality in there in the first place so as things stand I won't be renewing for the BCB or the North Stand. The whole experience is just tainted now.

Does that change your opinion then 😉

They probably have to charge entry for some legal reason or another but are getting around it with a free drink. I think it’s a good gesture from the club. If I lived in the north east id go.
It does, it's now ok, nowt special but fine.

So if 100 boycott this event, and say 200 attend, how will the club know that we are “making a stand” ?
They will just think 200 attended.

Some of these gestures like not buying a pie are futile at best.

I remember going for a few pints during the week back in the day. Sure they used to have quizzes on and that? Was a canny bar back then before it became this weird members only place.
When it first opened we too used to go there for a pint and something to eat during the day, nearly everyday in fact.. Nice pint, nice food , nice views over the river. How times have changed.

Something to bring up in RAWA meeting, using the bars/hospitality on a days/nights to bring in revenue to club
No, I think they had the chance to make it something special for the fans...The food and drink went back in the betting once Howard Wilkinson had been appointed and further when Quinn departed. Now, he could have Raymond Blanc as Head Chef but It would be just trying to claw cash into the club from punters not for the supporters.. The bottom line is , everything Sunderland's owners, All of them since Bob Muurray opened the Stadium, has been second rate or worse as it is now. For a business, they are not very good at it .

Yep. Kareoke night too back in the day. I got married abroad but hired it for uk ‘doo’.

You get a drink free
You get to go in Quinn's for a fiver instead of £1,325
You get to be on the Youtube stream with Frankie and Danny before and after the win

A win win situation?
You don't pay 1325 to go in Quinn's. That's for a season ticket and includes 23 meals and match tickets.

You don't pay 1325 to go in Quinn's. That's for a season ticket and includes 23 meals and match tickets.
It’s £1325 a season for Quinn’s bar???
Wow.
I think we can see which way things are going, corporate makes the money.
Wouldn’t be surprised if BCB becomes an away corporate when the fans come down in the NS.

It’s £1325 a season for Quinn’s bar???
Wow.
I think we can see which way things are going, corporate makes the money.
Wouldn’t be surprised if BCB becomes an away corporate when the fans come down in the NS.
It's too big for away corporate. It'll just go back up above.

Back