Put a flat earthier into space

I certainly don't believe in millions of years old dinosaurs but I do believe we had many potentially large creatures many thousands of years ago.
As for evolution, I absolutely believe in it but I also believe us humans have destroyed a lot of its natural progression and basically become the creationists to the rest of what we know about...or maybe it's not us humans. Maybe we are also part of the experiment.

Another avenue we are going down.

Natural evolution is nothing more than mutation.
If natural evolution was allowed then we would likely be walking about with many people with two head (I know there's a few) and people with all kinds of alternations. Something similar to total recall.

We've basically become the gods of the creatures and deciding what is allowed and what is not.
Or something of higher intelligence maybe is.

Anyway it's just another topic of conversation that will also have it's for and against debates.

What exactly are you using this for?
Are you actually degassing for manufacturing use?

WTF do you need to know that for? (It is for distillation of a temperature sensitive chemical). You also don't understand evolution - it is the selection of a trait that gives a distinct advantage over something else - as two heads doesn't offer any advantage and in fact offers many different advantages then it wouldn't be a naturally selected trait. Also Total Recall is made up......

They don't travel at the same speed.

If you mean why does the feather travel faster under lower pressure then the answer is simple.
Much less resistance to it's mass due to extreme low pressure.

The magnet is the same but the difference is, the magnet is much more dense and will appear to drop no faster than the feather over a short height. The reality is, over a real big height in a legitimate environment any dense mass will overcome a less dense mass of similar shape.

I'll make this even more simple.

If you had a metal ball and a wooden ball of similar size and you dropped those balls at the same time from a great height, like a skyscraper, the metal ball would hit the ground a little before the wooden ball.
You would notice by eye the difference in fall.
Many people will argue against this and say they would fall at the same rate, regardless of offering a so called vacuum.

Why?
Because people are brought up with simple little experiments that supposedly offer this as proof.
They see a ball dropped from chest height or from a first floor window or something like that.

They believe similar sized balls of massively different densities will simply hit the ground at the same time...but when it doesn't happen with all, resistance is used.
It's so silly to use it when it suits when air resistance is always the barrier, even if it's a lower pressure resistance.

When I get offered a supposed big vacuum chamber at NASA and see their faces at dropping a supposed bowling ball and handful of feathers, then watching their faces in that room looking absolutely dumbfounded at the amazing thing they just seen, shows it up for what it is. A load of rigged up tosh.

People underestimate the power of atmosphere when you try to evacuate it by force against it to allow evacuation from a container.
The power of it is mental when you try to evacuate just a little of it.
But if there is less pressure then the object will travel slower. Why is there less resistance if nothing can be sucked out of the chamber?

As you keep on saying, let's make this even more simple. If I have a cup of coffee on a table and I push it it will travel at a certain speed. Now, if I push it will less force (pressure) it will travel slower. Why does this not happen in the videos? Particularly focus on the magnet. Also try this at home.

How is the drop rigged? They show 2 videos of it. How would they be able to do that in your musings?

WTF do you need to know that for? (It is for distillation of a temperature sensitive chemical). You also don't understand evolution - it is the selection of a trait that gives a distinct advantage over something else - as two heads doesn't offer any advantage and in fact offers many different advantages then it wouldn't be a naturally selected trait. Also Total Recall is made up......
You never heard of two heads being better than one?
Many hands make light work?

It really all depends on what you make of evolution.
Here's what I make of it in my book.
People/animals/insects....etc...evolve to fit their environment and part of that offers mutations that generally get catered for if those mutations offer nothing to the species or could become a threat.

As for what I need to know about your job. I don't. You offered it and I asked a question.

If you mean why does the feather travel faster under lower pressure then the answer is simple.

Lower pressure means less atmospheric pressure stacked layers pushing it downwards, therefore it should fall more slowly.

The fact that it doesn't fall more slowly is clear evidence that your gravity-replacement theory is absolute bollocks, like every other piece of shit you spout.

Like I've said many many times on here. I accept a hell of a lot of stuff and have no need to question it. And there's a lot I do question.
It really is as simple as that.
There's many things you can hit me with.
You could say something like, " if you were told you were going to be hit by an asteroid and it was going to destroy Earth, would you be against sending up a rocket with nukes to blow it away like Armageddon or deep impact."
I would answer that quite easily and say I'll leave it to fantasy and go and make myself a nice cup of coffee.

If you ask me why I take pills for certain stuff, I'll tell you I made a choice to take something which helps me. Do I feel the need to question what I take?
I could but there's plenty of things which I accept.

I love football but I don't accept a lot of what's going on within it, money wise and corruption wise.
I accept some of what the authorities say but I question some of it.

And so on.

I'd hazard a guess that you will question a lot of stuff. It may be different to what I question but I'd be surprised if you go along with everything.
If you do question stuff and do not accept some stuff or refuse to believe it, then you're no different to me.

You can argue that you are and accept a lot of stuff I don't but picking and choosing what you agree with or do not agree with is no argument against someone who also chooses.
The only difference may be in whether you follow a mass opinion of disagreement and feel you're valid in that opinion based on that following.

It's easy for you to argue against me in terms of what I'm arguing against because you have everything at your fingertips in order to do that. And that's absolutely fine, although in your own genuine mind you know fine well that what you are arguing is only what you basically follow as your truth, but you really don't know if it is the actual truth, yet against me, a nutter and an idiot, it becomes a more than fair argument against me, in your mind..

I agree, it does offer you that higher pedestal and that applies to anyone else who goes that way. But that higher pedestal is what you placed yourself upon on the back of what you accept as a mass truth and a comfort blanket of knowing you stand with that mass and not contrary to it.

They don't travel at the same speed.

The magnet is the same but the difference is, the magnet is much more dense and will appear to drop no faster than the feather over a short height. The reality is, over a real big height in a legitimate environment any dense mass will overcome a less dense mass of similar shape.

I'll make this even more simple.

If you had a metal ball and a wooden ball of similar size and you dropped those balls at the same time from a great height, like a skyscraper, the metal ball would hit the ground a little before the wooden ball.
You would notice by eye the difference in fall.
Many people will argue against this and say they would fall at the same rate, regardless of offering a so called vacuum.

Why?
Because people are brought up with simple little experiments that supposedly offer this as proof.
They see a ball dropped from chest height or from a first floor window or something like that.

They believe similar sized balls of massively different densities will simply hit the ground at the same time...but when it doesn't happen with all, resistance is used.
It's so silly to use it when it suits when air resistance is always the barrier, even if it's a lower pressure resistance.

When I get offered a supposed big vacuum chamber at NASA and see their faces at dropping a supposed bowling ball and handful of feathers, then watching their faces in that room looking absolutely dumbfounded at the amazing thing they just seen, shows it up for what it is. A load of rigged up tosh.

People underestimate the power of atmosphere when you try to evacuate it by force against it to allow evacuation from a container.
The power of it is mental when you try to evacuate just a little of it.

Yes, I'm saying it doesn't.
However, don't get mixed up with me saying wavelength does not exist.
You see the key is in what makes light work.
What is light?

It's energy equaling sound which is vibration and the frequency of it.
So basically it's what makes the light that is the waves but the light itself is the reflection through the atmosphere/medium.
nonsense

I certainly don't believe in millions of years old dinosaurs but I do believe we had many potentially large creatures many thousands of years ago.
As for evolution, I absolutely believe in it but I also believe us humans have destroyed a lot of its natural progression and basically become the creationists to the rest of what we know about...or maybe it's not us humans. Maybe we are also part of the experiment.

Another avenue we are going down.

Natural evolution is nothing more than mutation.
If natural evolution was allowed then we would likely be walking about with many people with two head (I know there's a few) and people with all kinds of alternations. Something similar to total recall.

We've basically become the gods of the creatures and deciding what is allowed and what is not.
Or something of higher intelligence maybe is.

Anyway it's just another topic of conversation that will also have it's for and against debates.

What exactly are you using this for?
Are you actually degassing for manufacturing use?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

You never heard of two heads being better than one?
Many hands make light work?

It really all depends on what you make of evolution.
Here's what I make of it in my book.
People/animals/insects....etc...evolve to fit their environment and part of that offers mutations that generally get catered for if those mutations offer nothing to the species or could become a threat.

As for what I need to know about your job. I don't. You offered it and I asked a question.

Avoidance again - I have proved a vacuum pump does in fact pull gas from a vaccum vessel so are you going to admit you were talking bollocks or just avoid and deflect as usual

But if there is less pressure then the object will travel slower.
No.
Less resistance to a force applied will offer that object a much easier travel through that lesser resistance.
Why is there less resistance if nothing can be sucked out of the chamber?
Because the chamber is at atmospheric pressure, the same as external to it.
If you want to evacuate some of that internal pressure you must offer a resistance and push on the external pressure in order to compress it back and away from the internal to allow that internal compression to decompress itself.

As you keep on saying, let's make this even more simple. If I have a cup of coffee on a table and I push it it will travel at a certain speed. Now, if I push it will less force (pressure) it will travel slower. Why does this not happen in the videos? Particularly focus on the magnet. Also try this at home.
Because you're using less force to push something in the same environment you offered more force to, originally.
If you lower the resistance to the cup of coffee on the table but offer the same pressure/energy it will travel faster and farther,.
How is the drop rigged? They show 2 videos of it. How would they be able to do that in your musings?
Did they drop the bowling ball and feathers at normal speed in a supposed vacuum?
Just like their rockets. Offer take off at slow motion when we all know what rockets should do in reality.
Avoidance again - I have proved a vacuum pump does in fact pull gas from a vaccum vessel so are you going to admit you were talking bollocks or just avoid and deflect as usual
A pump does not pull anything. It pushes.
The gas in the chamber is simply broken down by process of expansion into certain states.
No pulling, no sucking, just pushing of external pressure to allow natural expansion internally.

Last edited:
If you want to evacuate some of that internal pressure you must offer a resistance and push on the external pressure in order to compress it back and away from the internal to allow that internal compression to decompress itself.

A pump does not pull anything. It pushes.
The gas in the chamber is simply broken down by process of expansion into certain states.
No pulling, no sucking, just pushing of external pressure to allow natural expansion internally.

Stop telling lies - you have been proven wrong just admit it.

I think @DaveH has it, the bloke is angry at his own perceived 'stupidity'. I don't know his employment status, although it's obviously not in one of the sciences - and he just wants the world to fit his viewpoint, irrespective of it's veracity. Personally, I revel in my 'stupidity', it allows me to wonder at the world around me, and learn things I never knew before - or even existed. I suppose that's the basic difference between us.

Lower pressure means less atmospheric pressure stacked layers pushing it downwards, therefore it should fall more slowly.

The fact that it doesn't fall more slowly is clear evidence that your gravity-replacement theory is absolute bollocks, like every other piece of shit you spout.

I hoped he’d answer my question about if his theory about downward air pressure is temporary or permanent, which was duly ignored.

If permanent, then the air above a city would be subject to massive differences in pressure from one building to another which is in stark contrast to how equilibrium between two differing air pressures work in real life.

If temporary and the air above these buildings does find equilibrium, then as there is not specific force proportional to the mass of the building, then the weight of the building effectively disappears and as such we could build a skyscraper on a similar sized foundation as we would a single storey house.

He does everything possible to ignore the one constant which ties all of this together which is gravity.

No.
Less resistance to a force applied will offer that object a much easier travel through that lesser resistance.
Agreed, but what is the force that is being applied here?

But then why would the object not behave like this outside the box? Also the container is not at atmospheric pressure.

I think you are misunderstanding the physics slightly (understatement?) on how the vacuum chamber works. The box can have a different pressure inside than the outside as the container provides the strength to withstand the crushing pressure of the atmosphere around it. This is how vacuum packs work. They suck the air out of the bag but the bag can't withstand the pressure so shrinks in size. It is also how planes and submarines work, and why subs have a max depth. The material on the outside of the sub can handle the pressure of having a difference in pressure between the 2 environments. Here is an experiment:

1) Put a straw in an empty crisp packet and seal the edges so the only hole is the straw.
2) Now suck the air out, or create a pressure differential by blocking the atmosphere coming into you mouth? (can't really remember the explanation), and watch the bag shrivel around the straw. This means that by sucking on that straw you have created a pressure difference and forced the bag to be crushed. We agree here?
3) Now, get an empty can of coke (or any soft drink or beer) and do the same with the straw. Insert it and seal so only hole is the straw.
4) Now suck the air out, or de-atmosphere your mouth etc, and you will see that the can retains its shape.

Now we have shown that doing the sucking action causes a pressure differential and forces the bag to be crushed, but why does the can not get crushed? If you were able to attach a pump to the straw and continue to reduce the pressure in the can would it eventually collapse? (Answer is yes).

Because you're using less force to push something in the same environment you offered more force to, originally.
If you lower the resistance to the cup of coffee on the table but offer the same pressure/energy it will travel faster and farther,.
Exactly, so how does reducing the pressure AND resistance equate to faster speed for the feather or the same speed for the magnet? You can't have both.

Lets write this out. Hypothetically and using made up numbers, it is about the positive or negative change

Cup 1: full friction, full force = 1m travelled
Cup 2: half friction, full force = 2m travelled
Cup 3: full friction, half force = 0.5m travelled
Cup 4: half friction, half force = ?

Now for cup 4 I would suggest that it would be 1m.

Now if we take this and call them feathers and use speed instead of distance.

Feather 1: full friction, full force = 1m/s
Feather 2: half friction, full force = 2m/s
Feather 3: full friction, half force = 0.5m/s
Feather 4: half friction, half force = 1m/s

So can we do the same for the magnet

Magnet 1: full friction, full force = 1m/s
Magnet 2: half friction, full force = 2m/s
Magnet 3: full friction, half force = 0.5m/s
Magnet 4: half friction, half force = 1m/s

Now lets work though the video from the feather's perspective

Initial part is feather 1 as that is our base so:
Second part has to be feather 2 as it increases in speed

Ok so that must be the same for the magnet?
But in both cases parts of the video we see Magnet 1, why? What am I missing? Why are the 2 objects behaving differently to the same change in environment?

This is really interesting (sorry if posted I've not had a chance to catch up on the conversation this morning). A colleague tipped me off about something he had noted, so I checked the output from one of my pressure sensors and saw this peak followed by a trough at 6pm on Friday:
Logon or register to see this image

A massive peak in pressure and then for a while pressure waves are all over the place. These graphs are usually quite smooth. Something really upset air pressure in the area on Saturday evening, but today it has settled. Early on Saturday morning (UK time) the volcano in Tonga exploded. It shows that even over 16,000km away, such things have an effect here.

It didn't seem to affect the tides and despite the sensitivity, I don't see a clockwork pressure wave that would affect the tides. There is a rise in pressure at the end of the graph but that is a general rise in pressure and does not run like a sine wave over a longer period.
Yes, I'm saying it doesn't.
However, don't get mixed up with me saying wavelength does not exist.
You see the key is in what makes light work.
What is light?

It's energy equaling sound which is vibration and the frequency of it.
So basically it's what makes the light that is the waves but the light itself is the reflection through the atmosphere/medium.
Wow, light doesn't have wavelength and frequency. That is quite a revelation today. When did you realise this, is this something you have known for a while?

It is generally accepted that the different colours we see is down to different wavelengths of light. How does that work in your world? Then of course we have frequencies going just above and just below the visible spectrum, infra red, ultra violet etc. How do they work or do they not exist either?

But then why would the object not behave like this outside the box? Also the container is not at atmospheric pressure.

I think you are misunderstanding the physics slightly (understatement?) on how the vacuum chamber works. The box can have a different pressure inside than the outside as the container provides the strength to withstand the crushing pressure of the atmosphere around it. This is how vacuum packs work. They suck the air out of the bag but the bag can't withstand the pressure so shrinks in size. It is also how planes and submarines work, and why subs have a max depth. The material on the outside of the sub can handle the pressure of having a difference in pressure between the 2 environments. Here is an experiment:

1) Put a straw in an empty crisp packet and seal the edges so the only hole is the straw.
2) Now suck the air out, or create a pressure differential by blocking the atmosphere coming into you mouth? (can't really remember the explanation), and watch the bag shrivel around the straw. This means that by sucking on that straw you have created a pressure difference and forced the bag to be crushed. We agree here?
3) Now, get an empty can of coke (or any soft drink or beer) and do the same with the straw. Insert it and seal so only hole is the straw.
4) Now suck the air out, or de-atmosphere your mouth etc, and you will see that the can retains its shape.

Now we have shown that doing the sucking action causes a pressure differential and forces the bag to be crushed, but why does the can not get crushed? If you were able to attach a pump to the straw and continue to reduce the pressure in the can would it eventually collapse? (Answer is yes).

Exactly, so how does reducing the pressure AND resistance equate to faster speed for the feather or the same speed for the magnet? You can't have both.

Lets write this out. Hypothetically and using made up numbers, it is about the positive or negative change

But in both cases parts of the video we see Magnet 1, why? What am I missing? Why are the 2 objects behaving differently to the same change in environment?
A little similar experiment I did with the kids is with those medicine syringes, the little plastic ones you get with calpol. Push the plunger in, get your hands damp to make a good seal and pull the plunger up. Air can't get in so you create an extreme low pressure inside the cylinder and it is hard work to pull it up. You can just see the tip of your finger end being pulled in.

Now let go of the plunger and it fires back in really hard, because of the low pressure inside and the much higher atmospheric pressure.

The key thing is that it hurts and it is really fun way to torture the kids with science.

Last edited:
It's amazing how one man has found all branches of science are wrong in an astounding 15 years. Considering it took countless millions working alone and together over thousands of years to get to what we thought was correct in 2022 is quite an achievement.

I believe it essential that this knowledge is brought to the masses so they can learn what's right and wrong. It's selfish to keep such earth shattering information to one's self.

It's such a shame that we've all wasted our time learning absolute nonsense all of our lives. It makes me so depressed that I've essentially been lied to all my life and I've wasted my time pursuing any avenue of interest in science and the natural world. I feel cheated to almost depression levels of 'what's the point anymore'.

At least if all the new knowledge is brought to the masses I could focus my energy on learning some of that and maybe that would make me a little happier.

Such a downer finding out everything I once thought true is wrong. I must be so gullible. Feel like there's no point going on tbh.

It depends on what force is applied.
I think you need to elaborate on this.
I think you are misunderstanding the physics slightly (understatement?) on how the vacuum chamber works.
In your opinion I will be. I don't think I am.
The box can have a different pressure inside than the outside as the container provides the strength to withstand the crushing pressure of the atmosphere around it.
Yep, no issues there.
This is how vacuum packs work. They suck the air out of the bag but the bag can't withstand the pressure so shrinks in size.
No. The air is pushed away from the bag which allows the external air to now crush the lower pressure within the bag, out of the bag.
It is also how planes and submarines work, and why subs have a max depth. The material on the outside of the sub can handle the pressure of having a difference in pressure between the 2 environments. Here is an experiment:

No.
You do create a pressure differential but not by sucking.
Take a look at your cheeks to understand this.
The second you close your mouth over the straw and squeeze your cheeks you are expelling air into the atmosphere to create that unequal pressure inside your mouth which allows the external air to push on the crisp packet to expel the higher pressure air inside of that to equalise the lower pressure in your mouth.
There's no sucking, just pushing or squeezing.

The can is no different from the crisp packet except for amount of lowered pressure to allow external atmosphere to crush the air out of it.
You're looking at this from another angle.
You have to have one environment or the other, not both at the same time.

You're going back on yourself. You are adding no further force.
If you want to argue it from your initial numbers then your half force against half friction is half of your full force against full friction.

They behave differently in the small chamber because they are dropped against higher atmospheric resistance to their density. The denser one overcoming below resistance by displacing more atmosphere it is already in, which acts like a squeeze down against crushing resistance.
Reduce the friction after already offering the dense object up to elevated height will still offer it a displacement of that atmosphere left inside the chamber and also much less resistance below to it's dense mass.
Same as the feather.

This is really interesting (sorry if posted I've not had a chance to catch up on the conversation this morning). A colleague tipped me off about something he had noted, so I checked the output from one of my pressure sensors and saw this peak followed by a trough at 6pm on Friday:
Logon or register to see this image

A massive peak in pressure and then for a while pressure waves are all over the place. These graphs are usually quite smooth. Something really upset air pressure in the area on Saturday evening, but today it has settled. Early on Saturday morning (UK time) the volcano in Tonga exploded. It shows that even over 16,000km away, such things have an effect here.

It didn't seem to affect the tides and despite the sensitivity, I don't see a clockwork pressure wave that would affect the tides. There is a rise in pressure at the end of the graph but that is a general rise in pressure and does not run like a sine wave over a longer period.

Wow, light doesn't have wavelength and frequency. That is quite a revelation today. When did you realise this, is this something you have known for a while?

It is generally accepted that the different colours we see is down to different wavelengths of light. How does that work in your world? Then of course we have frequencies going just above and just below the visible spectrum, infra red, ultra violet etc. How do they work or do they not exist either?

A little similar experiment I did with the kids is with those medicine syringes, the little plastic ones you get with calpol. Push the plunger in, get your hands damp to make a good seal and pull the plunger up. Air can't get in so you create an extreme low pressure inside the cylinder and it is hard work to pull it up. You can just see the tip of your finger end being pulled in.

Now let go of the plunger and it fires back in really hard, because of the low pressure inside and the much higher atmospheric pressure.

The key thing is that it hurts and it is really fun way to torture the kids with science.
Why would you have a pressure wave is a sealed room?

Last edited:
They behave differently in the small chamber because they are dropped against higher atmospheric resistance to their density. The denser one overcoming below resistance by displacing more atmosphere it is already in, which acts like a squeeze down against crushing resistance.
Reduce the friction after already offering the dense object up to elevated height will still offer it a displacement of that atmosphere left inside the chamber and also much less resistance below to it's dense mass.
Same as the feather.
But they travel at the same speed (or as you say the feather is travelling marginally slower than the block but definitely closer than initially) I still want to see why this is the case in your reality? There's less pressure in the chamber, we determined that and can use the can and crisp packet to prove that so how does the feather go faster? In your musings there would be less force so we see a slower fall for the magnet and feather. You will say less resistance but you said this here:
You're going back on yourself. You are adding no further force.
If you want to argue it from your initial numbers then your half force against half friction is half of your full force against full friction.
So if we have less force in the chamber and less resistance we would expect the speed of the objects to be slower, again not what is shown.

What I am suggesting is that there is the same amount of force (gravity) and the resistance is less. The Feather is affected most by the resistance so it speeds up more dramatically. The magnet will be travelling a minuscule amount faster as the air resistance is negligible. This is all seen in the video.

Back