Put a flat earthier into space

My argument is easily proved by those who want to think on it after doing the simple experiments.
I'd like to see how you can prove otherwise.

There is pressure internally. It's just lower pressure.
But why do the magnet and feather or ball and feathers travel at the same speed? Why does the feather travel faster in lower pressure? Why does it fall?

Eh🤷‍♂️

What are you trying to get at here?
He is saying that someone doing a low skilled job on an assembly line doesn't particularly know the ins and outs of what they are making or how it works, their job is just to solder on a resistor. Which is probably true. Though I don't see how it is relevant. I think it is an attempt to belittle my job, but that is fine, I know I'm more than an assembly monkey. The network I'm in charge of was designed and configured by me, or under my supervision. I sign off the purchase orders or place them myself and at no point to I order a range of light strength in the laser transceivers to make the light travel different speeds. He disputes that.

In his analogy, someone higher up has designed the computer, has selected the parts and decided how they go together. They are the ones putting in the thought, have the expertise and decide exactly what resistor should go where. The assembly line just does the donkey work putting it together for them. I'm the network equivialent of the computer designer, same as we have a few other types of engineers on this thread, working at that higher level.

I'm wondering if this is a sign that he has a problem with people who have obvious intelligence and what you may call the higher level careers. As soon as someone says "this is what I do for a living", there is a tone of anger in his responses, very quick to say everything you know about your job is wrong (usually before he really knows what the job is) and is quick to peg someone down as a jumped up grunt work person. He talks about "the scientists" with real disdain and saying "compartmentalization" is one of his favorite excuses for how this tangled web of conspiracies might all work. And I have pointed out that my job is making sure groups of people working in various areas of science (I hate the term 'the scientists' which is now in mainstream media to describe the lead covid medics), can share masses of data at high speed and linking up research - quote the opposite of what he claims. Though that has also been dismissed as lies or sharing of fake data as the trick each other.

Over the course of this thread I've picked up on some work and quotes from people working in astrophysics who have been responsible for instruments on some of the space probes we have sent out there. Confession time, I tried to lead him into saying they were fake people or liars and he avoided that and mostly said they were just being fooled and fake data was being sent from a mountain top and made exactly to look like it had come from their unique instruments (when it would be really hard to fool these people). The reason I have picked the people I did, is because they are people I know personally, one since he was 14, others I work with or just play football with. He did avoid those traps and went with the "they know nothing, they are being fooled" cop out.

But the thing I detect when it gets down to specifics of people who do know things, design things, really understand how things work, there is a real tone of anger. I think he feels threatened or looks on intelligent types with envy. Anger one minute and the next claiming he is a scientist himself doing loads of experiments with rocket fuel, large vacuum chambers, helium superfluid etc. Attack and then pretend to be one of them, but better.

That would also fit with what is now 100+ conspiracies. This thread started about a flat earth. He believes the earth is not a globe and a consortium of scientists, military and world governments have been hiding this from the people for hundreds of years. Just read that last sentence again. In amongst us trying to explain something or get answers about his fantasy science, the basis for all this is all world governments for hundreds of years banding together and agreeing to lie about the shape of the planet. But to cover this up, there is a conspiracy about the speed of light (and other EM waves such as radio, we have glossed over in this most recent stupidity), there is a conspiracy about what light actually is and if it is different to sound. There is a conspiracy about how vacuum pumps work and they actually force in lower pressure. There is a conspiracy about gravity. There is a conspiracy about avocados, there is a conspiracy about right angles and most other areas of geometry. Then consider the language of "appeal to authority". He sees people with knowledge as an authority and is rebelling with real venom against authority, or rebelling against knowledge.

There is a real pattern in this thread and it is an angry response to any knowledge and intelligence that leads to extreme arrogance. There is talk about density which is a measure of something, but ask to put a figure on it is is "wasting time with silly numbers". He will go on about angles but talk about what the angles actually are and he has a problem with basic geometry. Talks about calculations and then attacks "magical mathematics that nobody really understands", when it is GCSE level maths that a-level students have to prove from first principals. And related to that, he dismisses all education as just being able to repeat what is in a book, again with some anger in there.

It all adds up. He has a view of the world of the assembly line workers and other doing manual tasks. Anyone above that is either an idiot or a conspiracy lord. This trait does seem quite common in conspiracy theorists.
concede anyone than himself have knowledge of? It's absolutely mental.

Like I've said before my brother worked on designing jet engines and on nuclear submarine propulsion and this lunatic is saying he not only knows better than someone who has worked on high level engineering problems, he's also saying the fundamentals which allow for this work to actually produce products is wrong and doesn't actually work/exist.

Does he not even think in the slightest he's being just a little bit arrogant?
And to dismiss and counter all this, he has done experiments and has greater knowledge in every field.

I've got the areas where I class myself as an expert, and some I know a reasonable amount about but do not claim to be an expert. But others have that covered. We have people working with air pressure, people working in other areas of engineering. We have people who know a lot about flight. I've stopped out of exactly how a plane stay up but know the basics. No matter what the field, he knows more. Only one person on this thread has claimed to be an expert in every field and that is him. Everyone else has their few pet areas.
You've offered your opinion. You have not offered any proof.

It doesn't.
It's reflected through it.

I'll leave that to you.

You only have to see the bit where the glint is when you're looking back.
Whoa, you are saying that light doesn't have a wavelength?

Last edited:
He is saying that someone doing a low skilled job on an assembly line doesn't particularly know the ins and outs of what they are making or how it works, their job is just to solder on a resistor. Which is probably true. Though I don't see how it is relevant. I think it is an attempt to belittle my job, but that is fine, I know I'm more than an assembly monkey. The network I'm in charge of was designed and configured by me, or under my supervision. I sign off the purchase orders or place them myself and at no point to I order a range of light strength in the laser transceivers to make the light travel different speeds. He disputes that.

In his analogy, someone higher up has designed the computer, has selected the parts and decided how they go together. They are the ones putting in the thought, have the expertise and decide exactly what resistor should go where. The assembly line just does the donkey work putting it together for them. I'm the network equivialent of the computer designer, same as we have a few other types of engineers on this thread, working at that higher level.

I'm wondering if this is a sign that he has a problem with people who have obvious intelligence and what you may call the higher level careers. As soon as someone says "this is what I do for a living", there is a tone of anger in his responses, very quick to say everything you know about your job is wrong (usually before he really knows what the job is) and is quick to peg someone down as a jumped up grunt work person. He talks about "the scientists" with real disdain and saying "compartmentalization" is one of his favorite excuses for how this tangled web of conspiracies might all work. And I have pointed out that my job is making sure groups of people working in various areas of science (I hate the term 'the scientists' which is now in mainstream media to describe the lead covid medics), can share masses of data at high speed and linking up research - quote the opposite of what he claims. Though that has also been dismissed as lies or sharing of fake data as the trick each other.

Over the course of this thread I've picked up on some work and quotes from people working in astrophysics who have been responsible for instruments on some of the space probes we have sent out there. Confession time, I tried to lead him into saying they were fake people or liars and he avoided that and mostly said they were just being fooled and fake data was being sent from a mountain top and made exactly to look like it had come from their unique instruments (when it would be really hard to fool these people). The reason I have picked the people I did, is because they are people I know personally, one since he was 14, others I work with or just play football with. He did avoid those traps and went with the "they know nothing, they are being fooled" cop out.

But the thing I detect when it gets down to specifics of people who do know things, design things, really understand how things work, there is a real tone of anger. I think he feels threatened or looks on intelligent types with envy. Anger one minute and the next claiming he is a scientist himself doing loads of experiments with rocket fuel, large vacuum chambers, helium superfluid etc. Attack and then pretend to be one of them, but better.

That would also fit with what is now 100+ conspiracies. This thread started about a flat earth. He believes the earth is not a globe and a consortium of scientists, military and world governments have been hiding this from the people for hundreds of years. Just read that last sentence again. In amongst us trying to explain something or get answers about his fantasy science, the basis for all this is all world governments for hundreds of years banding together and agreeing to lie about the shape of the planet. But to cover this up, there is a conspiracy about the speed of light (and other EM waves such as radio, we have glossed over in this most recent stupidity), there is a conspiracy about what light actually is and if it is different to sound. There is a conspiracy about how vacuum pumps work and they actually force in lower pressure. There is a conspiracy about gravity. There is a conspiracy about avocados, there is a conspiracy about right angles and most other areas of geometry. Then consider the language of "appeal to authority". He sees people with knowledge as an authority and is rebelling with real venom against authority, or rebelling against knowledge.

There is a real pattern in this thread and it is an angry response to any knowledge and intelligence that leads to extreme arrogance. There is talk about density which is a measure of something, but ask to put a figure on it is is "wasting time with silly numbers". He will go on about angles but talk about what the angles actually are and he has a problem with basic geometry. Talks about calculations and then attacks "magical mathematics that nobody really understands", when it is GCSE level maths that a-level students have to prove from first principals. And related to that, he dismisses all education as just being able to repeat what is in a book, again with some anger in there.

It all adds up. He has a view of the world of the assembly line workers and other doing manual tasks. Anyone above that is either an idiot or a conspiracy lord. This trait does seem quite common in conspiracy theorists.

And to dismiss and counter all this, he has done experiments and has greater knowledge in every field.

I've got the areas where I class myself as an expert, and some I know a reasonable amount about but do not claim to be an expert. But others have that covered. We have people working with air pressure, people working in other areas of engineering. We have people who know a lot about flight. I've stopped out of exactly how a plane stay up but know the basics. No matter what the field, he knows more. Only one person on this thread has claimed to be an expert in every field and that is him. Everyone else has their few pet areas.

I've come the conclusion that the reason he thinks differently to almost everyone else is that his brain is flat. Logically it must be its the size of a planet.

Very well put

He did compare light travel to waving a stick remember

Rubbish

So if I have a drink in a carton I'm not sucking it out into my mouth?

There is *some * truth to what he is saying.

If you create a Siphon, it will only work to around a height of 10m for water and this is due to once the siphon begins to flow, it does so based on the air pressure of 1 atmosphere bearing down on the surface of the fluid.
There’s insufficient force to achieve greater than this as the weight of water equals air pressure around that point/ height.

However, once again he is taking a snippet of real science, not understanding it and making his own skewed version.

If you wish to move water or another fluid to a height greater than 10m, then what is required is an external motive force which is usually a pump.

In the case of a vacuum, this can only be achieved in space or by assistance as if the vessel is open to the environment, it will simply fill with air and balance the internal pressure with that around it.

The science behind a sealed vessel is completely different and does work as @taipeisafc has explained.

Can someone who isn’t on ignore copy and paste this please?

Last edited:
There is *some * truth to what he is saying.

If you create a Siphon, it will only work to around a height of 10m for water and this is due to once the siphon begins to flow, it does so based on the air pressure of 1 atmosphere bearing down on the surface of the fluid.
There’s insufficient force to achieve greater than this as the weight of water equals air pressure around that point/ height.

However, once again he is taking a snippet of real science, not understanding it and making his own skewed version.

If you wish to move water or another fluid to a height greater than 10m, then what is required is an external motive force which is usually a pump.

In the case of a vacuum, this can only be achieved in space or by assistance as if the vessel is open to the environment, it will simply fill with air and balance the internal pressure with that around it.

The science behind a sealed vessel is completely different and does work as @taipeisafc has explained.

Can someone who isn’t on ignore copy and paste this please?
Courtesy of @Kevj

Light has no speed.
There's nothing to show it has any speed.
The energy required to make light as a pressure wave and frequency. It can be accepted as having a speed to target by sheer timing.
Light in itself is nothing more than reflection as is, not as was.

We're offered a 186,000 miles per second light speed.
The Earth is told to us to be just over 24,000 miles in circumference.
We're told that light will take approximately 1 second go around the Earth 8 times.

Now you can go ahead and believe this.
You can also go ahead and believe you see the sun light as it was 8 minutes ago.
You can also believe you see the light from any star you want, from however many hundreds, thousands, millions or so, years ago and that star may not exist but you'd never find out because your life span is at best give or take 100 years.

The list of silliness that's offered to us is off the scale and it seems people just want to believe because the fantasy offers something of mystery.
I agree it does and I have no qualms about people wanting to believe all that.
But to argue for it as a truth requires proof. To simply argue for it as a hmmmm or a maybe...etc, requires nothing more than offerings that also offer alternates.

This is where we're at whether you want to accept that or not.

By all means offer whatever expertise you can muster but I'll only bow to it when you offer proof for what you're arguing for against what my alternates are.

That's an awful lot of waffle just to say you don't understand and are too stupid to ever get it.
The small chamber is simply a chamber that can hold back pressure externally and ve evacuated of pressure internally via a strong enough pump to allow the expansion of atmosphere within it.

Nothing is sucked out of the container. There's no such thing as such in terms of what is happening with matter.
We attach that word to give us a meaning for what we see/perceive, not for a reality.

What do you think the pump is doing, you daft twat?

Last edited:
I'm surprised he doesn't believe in evolution or dinosaurs though..

Tbh I haven't seen him say that. The evidence is there in fossil form and have bones.

Tbh I haven't seen him say that. The evidence is there in fossil form and have bones.
Like everything else it's all faked. We live in a cell and simple experiments point that way and all other human learned knowledge is wrong. All science at every level is faked and wrong. Scientists are all simply Hollywood actors. He knows the truth and there's no need for pesky detail. It's obvious that everything is a lie and everyone is ether a liar or stupid, apart from him who can see through all the lies of the 7 billion and the science learned over thousands of years.

Like everything else it's all faked. We live in a cell and simple experiments point that way and all other human learned knowledge is wrong. All science at every level is faked and wrong. Scientists are all simply Hollywood actors. He knows the truth and there's no need for pesky detail. It's obvious that everything is a lie and everyone is ether a liar or stupid, apart from him who can see through all the lies of the 7 billion and the science learned over thousands of years.
Nicely summed up

Basically people have been into space they have seen the earth is round. It's not up for discussion and you are a f***ing troll

It is the atmosphere pushing down on the liquid to push it up the straw into your mouth.
You create the low pressure by not allowing atmosphere into your mouth to counteract the pressure through the straw by that atmospheric push onto that liquid in the container you drink from.
So about your layers seemingly stacked accurately as low as 10 metres even with cars and people and varying weather conditions?
Ships still disappear in a constant fashion hour after hour, day after day?

If you were advised by a medical professional that you needed treatment or investigation and this involved say an X-ray or proton beam therapy would question the validity of such things and then invent your own.
Like I've said many many times on here. I accept a hell of a lot of stuff and have no need to question it. And there's a lot I do question.
It really is as simple as that.
There's many things you can hit me with.
You could say something like, " if you were told you were going to be hit by an asteroid and it was going to destroy Earth, would you be against sending up a rocket with nukes to blow it away like Armageddon or deep impact."
I would answer that quite easily and say I'll leave it to fantasy and go and make myself a nice cup of coffee.

If you ask me why I take pills for certain stuff, I'll tell you I made a choice to take something which helps me. Do I feel the need to question what I take?
I could but there's plenty of things which I accept.

I love football but I don't accept a lot of what's going on within it, money wise and corruption wise.
I accept some of what the authorities say but I question some of it.

And so on.

I'd hazard a guess that you will question a lot of stuff. It may be different to what I question but I'd be surprised if you go along with everything.
If you do question stuff and do not accept some stuff or refuse to believe it, then you're no different to me.

You can argue that you are and accept a lot of stuff I don't but picking and choosing what you agree with or do not agree with is no argument against someone who also chooses.
The only difference may be in whether you follow a mass opinion of disagreement and feel you're valid in that opinion based on that following.

It's easy for you to argue against me in terms of what I'm arguing against because you have everything at your fingertips in order to do that. And that's absolutely fine, although in your own genuine mind you know fine well that what you are arguing is only what you basically follow as your truth, but you really don't know if it is the actual truth, yet against me, a nutter and an idiot, it becomes a more than fair argument against me, in your mind..

I agree, it does offer you that higher pedestal and that applies to anyone else who goes that way. But that higher pedestal is what you placed yourself upon on the back of what you accept as a mass truth and a comfort blanket of knowing you stand with that mass and not contrary to it.
But why do the magnet and feather or ball and feathers travel at the same speed? Why does the feather travel faster in lower pressure? Why does it fall?
They don't travel at the same speed.

If you mean why does the feather travel faster under lower pressure then the answer is simple.
Much less resistance to it's mass due to extreme low pressure.

The magnet is the same but the difference is, the magnet is much more dense and will appear to drop no faster than the feather over a short height. The reality is, over a real big height in a legitimate environment any dense mass will overcome a less dense mass of similar shape.

I'll make this even more simple.

If you had a metal ball and a wooden ball of similar size and you dropped those balls at the same time from a great height, like a skyscraper, the metal ball would hit the ground a little before the wooden ball.
You would notice by eye the difference in fall.
Many people will argue against this and say they would fall at the same rate, regardless of offering a so called vacuum.

Why?
Because people are brought up with simple little experiments that supposedly offer this as proof.
They see a ball dropped from chest height or from a first floor window or something like that.

They believe similar sized balls of massively different densities will simply hit the ground at the same time...but when it doesn't happen with all, resistance is used.
It's so silly to use it when it suits when air resistance is always the barrier, even if it's a lower pressure resistance.

When I get offered a supposed big vacuum chamber at NASA and see their faces at dropping a supposed bowling ball and handful of feathers, then watching their faces in that room looking absolutely dumbfounded at the amazing thing they just seen, shows it up for what it is. A load of rigged up tosh.

People underestimate the power of atmosphere when you try to evacuate it by force against it to allow evacuation from a container.
The power of it is mental when you try to evacuate just a little of it.
Yes, I'm saying it doesn't.
However, don't get mixed up with me saying wavelength does not exist.
You see the key is in what makes light work.
What is light?

It's energy equaling sound which is vibration and the frequency of it.
So basically it's what makes the light that is the waves but the light itself is the reflection through the atmosphere/medium.

Last edited:
The attached graphs are profiles of startup of vacuum pumps and vaccum system on site from November 2018 - they are screen dumps from our management system. The top line is the scrubber system pressure (we fill the scrubber with N2 to pressure it up, purge out O2 and check for leaks and then start up the vacuum pumps to pump the system down to vacuum) the next two lines are the discharge flowrate for the vacuum pumps as measures by two independent and separate flowmeters (one coriolis and one venturi tube which measure with entirely different principles) and the bottom line is the measure oxygen level. A few key points to note

The flow exit the vac pumps is quite high initially - this is due to the pump pulling a constant volume of gas per revolution, as the pressure drops the density of the gas drops so less mass of gas is fed forward for each cycle
The O2 levels are initially zero - as we start to pull vacuum small leaks in the system allow small amounts of air to enter the scubber (and associated equipment) and the o2 levels pick up slightly then are supressed again as we start up properly and add extra N2 purges and feeds to the system. The o2 analysers are on the discharge of the vacuum pumps

Anyone with half a brain can clearly see there is a measured and controlled flow exit the vacuum pump (which can be modelled very accurately using the pump curve) as the pressure in the suction vessel drops - this proves there is a flow from the vessel as the vacuum pump reduces pressure in the attached vessel.

full

Last edited:

I certainly don't believe in millions of years old dinosaurs but I do believe we had many potentially large creatures many thousands of years ago.
As for evolution, I absolutely believe in it but I also believe us humans have destroyed a lot of its natural progression and basically become the creationists to the rest of what we know about...or maybe it's not us humans. Maybe we are also part of the experiment.

Another avenue we are going down.

Natural evolution is nothing more than mutation.
If natural evolution was allowed then we would likely be walking about with many people with two head (I know there's a few) and people with all kinds of alternations. Something similar to total recall.

We've basically become the gods of the creatures and deciding what is allowed and what is not.
Or something of higher intelligence maybe is.

Anyway it's just another topic of conversation that will also have it's for and against debates.
The attached graphs are profiles of startup of vacuum pumps and vaccum system on site from November 2018 - they are screen dumps from our management system. The top line is the scrubber system pressure (we fill the scrubber with N2 to pressure it up, purge out O2 and check for leaks and then start up the vacuum pumps to pump the system down to vacuum) the next two lines are the discharge flowrate for the vacuum pumps as measures by two independent and separate flowmeters (one coriolis and one venturi tube which measure with entirely different principles) and the bottom line is the measure oxygen level. A few key points to note

The flow exit the vac pumps is quite high initially - this is due to the pump pulling a constant volume of gas per revolution, as the pressure drops the density of the gas drops so less mass of gas is fed forward for each cycle
The O2 levels are initially zero - as we start to pull vacuum small leaks in the system allow small amounts of air to enter the scubber (and associated equipment) and the o2 levels pick up slightly then are supressed again as we start up properly and add extra N2 purges and feeds to the system. The o2 analysers are on the discharge of the vacuum pumps

Anyone with half a brain can clearly see there is a measured and controlled flow exit the vacuum pump (which can be modelled very accurately using the pump curve) as the pressure in the suction vessel drops - this proves there is a flow from the vessel as the vacuum pump reduces pressure in the attached vessel.

full
What exactly are you using this for?
Are you actually degassing for manufacturing use?

Last edited:

Back