Put a flat earthier into space

What is moving? Is it the same thing as in an led?
Matter is what is being pushed through it.
If you want to go down the atoms route or electrons or molecules or whatever, it's fine.
I'll just call it matter and it covers everything.
Matter in solids or matter through gases/fluids/liquids.

It all depends on what rebounds back to the source or what hits the source directly.
Why do you need a rebound for sound to have a speed? A sender and a receiver X distance apart in average atmospheric conditions, nothing between, roughly what would the speed of sound be between the two?

To gauge it.
You can't gauge speed if you don't have something to hit off.

However many seconds it takes from energy push to impact.
Not entirely sure I agree with that, but lets go with it.

Ok, say you have a standard interior house wall, plaster covering bricks, and you position your sound source 4m from that wall. The sound bounces back to the sender, what is the speed of sound in those circumstances?

Not entirely sure I agree with that, but lets go with it.

Ok, say you have a standard interior house wall, plaster covering bricks, and you position your sound source 4m from that wall. The sound bounces back to the sender, what is the speed of sound in those circumstances?
It depends on the pressure and frequency of it.
It's all dependent of pressure and frequency from sender to receiver.

Why do you need a rebound for sound to have a speed? A sender and a receiver X distance apart in average atmospheric conditions, nothing between, roughly what would the speed of sound be between the two?
However many seconds it takes from energy push to impact.

Christ, he doesn't even know the difference between speed and time. :eek:

Last edited:
It depends on the pressure and frequency of it.
It's all dependent of pressure and frequency from sender to receiver.
You seem reluctant to give even a vague figure, which is surprising given your experiments.

The given figure is around 330 m/s, but it does change with temperature and pressure. Do you accept that for most cases it is around that?

Back