Put a flat earthier into space

How can I know something that doesn't exist?
I have to use your arguments against you which is what I've just done.
Let me give a counterexample. If I wished to test the hypothesis that the world is round approximately 25,000 miles in circumference. If I were to get in an airplane and fly 25,000 miles along the equator and, instead of overflying my origin, go off the edge of the Earth or over an ice wall and into space, I would accept the fact that the earth is not round.

That's how normal people do science. They start with a neutral viewpoint and an experiment that will give you clear results in other direction.

You, on the other hand, stare at bathwater and think that means the world is flat, as opposed to you not understanding enormity. Which I don't suspect you have much cause to examine in the bath, anyway.

The level of accuracy is plenty enough to understand that water does not conform to a globe. It''s as simple as that and no amount of experiments will show otherwise.
Only magical mysteries can make it do what we're told it does. Like fictional gravity but that doesn't even do a decent job.
I'm not worried about proving anything to you. You are welcome to prove it to yourself or don't. I'm easy on it.

No, it isn't.

I think you can prove that for yourself. You don't need my help.
I can't I don't have sufficiently accurate measuring equipment.

You repeatedly fall back to your water is level argument to prove the earth is not a globe. If you can't prove it, perhaps you need a different line of argument that you can back up

I don't know. It's not on a globe to find out.

If I was to place the bath on top of a massive mound that had a small gradual gradient then the bath of water could sit at the very top and balance the legs each side which would create a nice level water. The issue is not only moving the bath a little way in any orientation down that mound, it would destroy the level.
The added in spin would make a right mess....but then again it doesn't even need to get that far to see how silly it all is.
So why does this work on your central mound or the outer edges of your lemon squeezer?

Last edited:
Let me give a counterexample. If I wished to test the hypothesis that the world is round approximately 25,000 miles in circumference. If I were to get in an airplane and fly 25,000 miles along the equator and, instead of overflying my origin, go off the edge of the Earth or over an ice wall and into space, I would accept the fact that the earth is not round.

That's how normal people do science. They start with a neutral viewpoint and an experiment that will give you clear results in other direction.

Ok so all you need to do is get in a plane and not land until you travel near 25,000 miles and land back to where you started.
Let's test this out.
Let's travel by compass.
Let's assume you start at any point on your equator.
Ok so now let's assume you fly around your equator.
That would be east or west depending on which way you want to go.
So, let's assume you follow east on your compass until you come right back to your stating point.

Now let's try that on a circle with a north in the centre and the south as the outer.
Ok now we start at the same compass point of east. What happens?
Yep, it means we go around that circle. We circumnavigate it and end up back at the start.

Unless you want to find another way.
You, on the other hand, stare at bathwater and think that means the world is flat, as opposed to you not understanding enormity. Which I don't suspect you have much cause to examine in the bath, anyway.
I do understand we are on a big Earth, for sure.
But you can't mention enormity and then use stuff like ships falling down a curve at just a few miles away and then arguing reasons for why you can see places like the Chicago buildings from 50 miles distance when it should be way down your big curvature...but...there it is, like many other buildings in other places.

Why are they seen?
Because the Earth is not a globe.
I can't I don't have sufficiently accurate measuring equipment.

You repeatedly fall back to your water is level argument to prove the earth is not a globe. If you can't prove it, perhaps you need a different line of argument that you can back up
Of course I fall back on it. It's a nailed on truth. It's the only nailed on truth that's required.
I have a genuine question.

How do flat earthers explain tidel movements.
Pressure changes as the reflected energy moves over and around the dome. It creates a pressure push upon the seas.

Last edited:
I do understand we are on a big Earth, for sure.
But you can't mention enormity and then use stuff like ships falling down a curve at just a few miles away and then arguing reasons for why you can see places like the Chicago buildings from 50 miles distance when it should be way down your big curvature...but...there it is, like many other buildings in other places.

Why are they seen?
I'm responding to the only part of this that makes sense in English.

The reason you can see Chicago from so far away is because the land and lake are very flat (meaning there is nothing but the curvature of the earth to get in the way), and Chicago has numerous buildings over 1,000 feet tall. That's an order of magnitude (as in, 10 times) greater than even a very large ship that you can see from, say, 5 miles. Funny, that.

Signed,

A dude who was in Chicago 4 hours ago

Last edited:
Of course I fall back on it. It's a nailed on truth. It's the only nailed on truth that's required.

No it isn't. It's a fallacy for 2 reasons.

1. You haven't calculated what the difference would be between the results you would get if the world were flat or oblate spheroid, therefore you aren't actually testing for it.

2. Your proposed measuring equipment isn't accurate enough to be able to give a result that would prove it one way or the other.

I know you have me on ignore and aren't reading this, but there you go, there's why your so-called proof isn't really proof of anything other than your ignorance of how science works.

I'm responding to the only part of this that makes sense in English.

The reason you can see Chicago from so far away is because the land and lake are very flat (meaning there is nothing but the curvature of the earth to get in the way), and Chicago has numerous buildings over 1,000 feet tall. That's an order of magnitude (as in, 10 times) greater than even a very large ship that you can see from, say, 5 miles. Funny, that.

Signed,

A dude who was in Chicago 4 hours ago
You've just killed your globe stone dead.

Who created this flat earth?
Absolutely no idea.
Who created the cells of our own bodies?
Many would say a god.
Who created the Earth cell as part of many?
It's up to anyone who wants to take a wild guess. I can't answer it.
Then prove the truth water is flat
I have no need. Anyone can do it.
Keep asking and you'll get the same answer.
You don't quite understand geometry, do you?
Tell me about it. Tell me about it from your global mindset. What is it I don't understand?

Last edited:

Back