Put a flat earthier into space

Utter rubbish, why would the stern disappear last if it was much lower than the mast (lots of masts on ships these days) absolute drivel. If the stern where the highest point it would disappear last this is entirely consistent with a curved earth

He thinks it's going over the edge of curve as if it's on the first dip of a roller coaster

He asked

what would you expect the water in your bath to be like if the earth was a globe?
I don't know. It's not on a globe to find out.

If I was to place the bath on top of a massive mound that had a small gradual gradient then the bath of water could sit at the very top and balance the legs each side which would create a nice level water. The issue is not only moving the bath a little way in any orientation down that mound, it would destroy the level.
The added in spin would make a right mess....but then again it doesn't even need to get that far to see how silly it all is.

Wonder if he has stopped to consider his bathroom has been built to be level IE to compensate for the minute curvature over the footprint of his house. Therefore his bath is effectively not on a globe so the water would be flat, so all he has proved is he had a good bathroom fitter

I don't know. It's not on a globe to find out.

If I was to place the bath on top of a massive mound that had a small gradual gradient then the bath of water could sit at the very top and balance the legs each side which would create a nice level water. The issue is not only moving the bath a little way in any orientation down that mound, it would destroy the level.
The added in spin would make a right mess....but then again it doesn't even need to get that far to see how silly it all is.

Ironically, your "proof" is perfectly circular.

Summarized, your "proof" that we are not on a globe is an "experiment" that you now admit you "don't know" what it would look like if we were on a globe; therefore, any result confirms that the earth is flat, in your mind.

Last edited:
Wonder if he has stopped to consider his bathroom has been built to be level IE to compensate for the minute curvature over the footprint of his house. Therefore his bath is effectively not on a globe so the water would be flat, so all he has proved is he had a good bathroom fitter
All well and good but even if the fitter was horrendous and put the bath in on a slant. Guess what?
The water would level out.
Ironically, your "proof" is perfectly circular.

Summarized, your "proof" that we are not on a globe is an "experiment" that you now admit you "don't know" what it would look like if we were on a globe; therefore, any result confirms that the earth is flat, in your mind.
How can I know something that doesn't exist?
I have to use your arguments against you which is what I've just done.

Last edited:
If gravity doesn't exist how did John Adams and the French bloke, sorry DaveH can probably tell you his name, both use the gravitational constant equation to accurately predict the presence of Neptune before it was actually discovered?

Back