Put a flat earthier into space

do the flat earth society actually believe space exists?
Some do, some dont, there does not seem to be one common view.

Some think we are just a disc floating in space same as a globe. Some think we are the centre of the solar system. Some think we are the centre of the universe and some think we are under a dome. Out of those dome believers, not all think we are on a crinkled orange squeezer and very very few seem to think we are under a projector shinging onto a helium ice dome. It seems for many of the move devout flat earth followers, that is just too bat shit crazy.

Though this person on the other message board, anyone noticed the title “flat earth scientist”. :D

Some do, some dont, there does not seem to be one common view.

Some think we are just a disc floating in space same as a globe. Some think we are the centre of the solar system. Some think we are the centre of the universe and some think we are under a dome. Out of those dome believers, not all think we are on a crinkled orange squeezer and very very few seem to think we are under a projector shinging onto a helium ice dome. It seems for many of the move devout flat earth followers, that is just too bat shit crazy.

Though this person on the other message board, anyone noticed the title “flat earth scientist”. :D
How do they think this flat earth was created? Surely if gases & rocks were to clump together through billions of years it would tend to be spherical? Do they believe in Evolution?

But the map you yourself put on shows water in one body at 2 different levels.
(In more than one place tbf)

This is from your own post so would you agree that this one body of water has 2 different levels at the dots.....

I would imagine water has many different elevations but each body of water will be flat and level inside the container/indentation it is within.
There's no water on any slope as a level unless it is in an indentation upon the slope.
Any water on an actual slope would be flowing without a containment.

Your spinning globe offers nothing of that sort.

Last edited:
How do they think this flat earth was created? Surely if gases & rocks were to clump together through billions of years it would tend to be spherical? Do they believe in Evolution?
Gravity is what pulls a large enough mass into a sphere and many of them don’t believe in gravity. Many think the downward force is from air pressure and a stacked atmosphere. Air pressure acts in all directions, not just a downward push and the next logical question is what makes and maintains these stacked layers? The reason for that is a lot of technical sounding words strung together in a nonsensical way.

As for creation, for many, a god comes into it somewhere. Take for example the lemon squeezer. The original model of that had angels in the corners watching over the earth,

I would imagine water has many different elevations but each body of water will be flat and level inside the container/indentation it is within.

Then you would imagine wrong, on the globe and your lemon squeezer the oceans are continuous bodies of water.

No one from ships sailing the oceans or planes over flying them (which you have accepted exist) have reported discreet containers of water and the associated navigational issues. They don't exist

28,000 posts on there since 2012. :lol:

Right, let's get cracking...

Show Posts - sceptimatic

#1. Replying to the question: "So what is the Moon then?" He says: "A reflection of the sun."

#2. "The thing is, do we have any genuine writings from Eratosthenes or are we reliant on stories, like we are with Jesus on a cross and all the rest of the stuff that went along with it?"

#3. "I'm currently where I'm at now because I'm doing little experiments and such. "

#4. "No. I don't dismiss science as utter nonsense. Science is science, which is the Earth. It's the misinformation passed off as scientific which I class as nonsense."

#5. "There's no experiment that proves a globe. This Eratosthenes nonsense is a story of old, told by whoever set it into motion to reinforce the global mindset."

#6. "I'm talking about questioning stuff that makes zero sense."

#7. "The above can be tested and re-tested. It's observable and you absolutely know this. But you're fighting a battle to keep the narrative and are backed, en-masse, so I don't expect you to use logic to go against that."

#8. "Because no amount of technology is going to make space a reality so the best that can be done is to merely pretend it is by fobbing us off with CGI movies."

#9. "It doesn't always push us down to the surface. It pushes us up as well. It's all about dense mass against dense mass and which mass wins the day as to whether we get pushed up or down.."

#10. "Gravity has been replaced but it'll never be accepted because gravity is the magic that keeps the space shenanigans alive and kicking, not to mention the bull of an Earth spinning within it and us and water and what not, on it."

It is SO him.
Oh wow...

#11. "The suns energy inside Earth creates pressure veins or fissures. Think of it like a tree root pushing out but only super hot expanded molten energy from that central carbon arc sun core.

Ok, all of this stuff creates more expansion and that expansion pushed up through more dense matter and using the more dense matter below as the leverage to that push up."

...and surely the clincher...

#12. "I said the Earth is like an orange squeezer but not as severe and if you walked up it you would be walking up a gradient that rises over a long trek, IF it could be achieved.
Inside that would be the driving energy of a carbon arc covered by crystal, maybe more dense as diamond, plus metals of molten gold and silver, etc, as well as solids.
Make of that what you want to but the only thing coming out of the top would be the refraction/reflection onto a dome and back to our senses."

Air Pressure vs Gravity

At least we know he's not on a wind up now.

In under 4 months, this thread is now over half the size of the other thread 🤪 It took 7 months to reach page 123 in the 2017 thread but it did go on for nearly 3 years until 2020 so there's still plenty to go in this 2021 thread 🤣

That's ignoring this abridged thread in early 2019 that lasted 6 months 😂

There's no water on any slope as a level unless it is in an indentation upon the slope.
Any water on an actual slope would be flowing without a containment.

Your spinning globe offers nothing of that sort.
And there is provably no "container," as one can sail from every ocean on earth to the others without crossing land. It's the oceans that connect, not the land. So given that, what keeps the water in?

And there is provably no "container," as one can sail from every ocean on earth to the others without crossing land. It's the oceans that connect, not the land. So given that, what keeps the water in?
The indentation is what keeps the water in.
Have you ever walked to the beach when the tide is up and walked into the water?

I assume you have.
You'll notice you walk down a slope.
The farther you walk into the water the more you walk down the slope.
Now imagine it all on a massive scale all around the worlds circle With land raised above and land sitting within the deeper parts....etc....etc.

Have you ever walked to the beach when the tide is up and walked into the water?

I assume you have.
Now imagine it all on a massive scale all around the worlds circle With land raised above and land sitting within the deeper parts....etc....etc.
That doesn't work on your lemon squeezer, with some seas at a higher level than others but all interconnected

That doesn't work on your lemon squeezer, with some seas at a higher level than others but all interconnected
It does work.
Try and understand what I've been saying.
You're looking at it as the small diagram it is so you're thinking a big mountain.

Try again on a massive scale and think about water depth and slopes with water, like I said.
The silly part about this is, you're thinking how in the hell can water stay on a slope and yet your globe is spinning with your water on it.

I find it odd.
The issue you have here is, the water is not laying on a slope with no container to it. The water below is the container.
The water above is what sits against land from the deeper part.

Have a serious think on what I've said.

It does work.
Try and understand what I've been saying.
You're looking at it as the small diagram it is so you're thinking a big mountain.

Try again on a massive scale and think about water depth and slopes with water, like I said.
The silly part about this is, you're thinking how in the hell can water stay on a slope and yet your globe is spinning with your water on it.

I find it odd.
The issue you have here is, the water is not laying on a slope with no container to it. The water below is the container.
The water above is what sits against land from the deeper part.

Have a serious think on what I've said.
I am thinking on a planetary scale and you model has no barriers preventing the north Atlantic and Arctic oceans draining down into the trough. No containers visible on the map or reported by people who regularly cross the Atlantic, so how do containers with edges below sea level stop the water flowing over the top of them?

Last edited:

I assume you have.

You'd have to "imagine" it, because there is not a land border that surrounds the oceans. The continents are islands; the oceans are not lakes. You're positing the existence of land that simply doesn't exist: otherwise, no matter what direction you sailed, you'd eventually hit land, this mythical rim around the world. That's simply not the case. You can sail (or fly) along at approximately 60 degrees south latitude in perpetuity and never hit land, for example.

I am thinking on a planetary scale and you model has no barriers preventing the north Atlantic and Arctic oceans draining down into the trough.
It's already in the trough.
That's what I'm trying to tell you.

No containers visible on the map or reported by people who regularly cross the Atlantic, so how do containers with edges below sea level stop the water flowing over the top of them?
Why would people know this would be the potential Earth when they think they're navigating on a globe that's spinning?
Think about it.
You'd have to "imagine" it, because there is not a land border that surrounds the oceans. The continents are islands; the oceans are not lakes. You're positing the existence of land that simply doesn't exist: otherwise, no matter what direction you sailed, you'd eventually hit land, this mythical rim around the world. That's simply not the case. You can sail (or fly) along at approximately 60 degrees south latitude in perpetuity and never hit land, for example.
You'll hit any land that's in the way of your navigation.
If you go east or west you're going around a circle.
If you go north you hit land from any point you start from going north.
South is the opposite. You will hit land and ice barriers well before you get to any real land gradient either way, north and south as people see it on a compass.

Last edited:

Back