Pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't pigs live in the countryside?
My mate Geoff Yorke's a pig-farmer I used to play golf with him at Easingwold I'll ask him next time I'm down, you can get pigs in blankets from the 3 Tuns like, as you can from the Dancing Betty up here (if it ever opens again bloody tier 3:rolleyes:) - and back on topic I see Brexit has resulted in the pig-farmers calling for a 'Back British Meat' campaign - or a 'Rural Revolution' as it's more commonly known down there, more winning for Brexit Britain it has to be said!

My mate Geoff Yorke's a pig-farmer I used to play golf with him at Easingwold I'll ask him next time I'm down, you can get pigs in blankets from the 3 Tuns like, as you can from the Dancing Betty up here (if it ever opens again bloody tier 3:rolleyes:) - and back on topic I see Brexit has resulted in the pig-farmers calling for a 'Back British Meat' campaign - or a 'Rural Revolution' as it's more commonly known down there, more winning for Brexit Britain it has to be said!

I try and only buy British reared meat. It's not hard to find and for most of the year is comparable in price.. that Dutch and dnaish bacon is generally full of water and shite.. need 6 rashers to make a Sarnie... Good bacon will suffice with 2 so false economy often...

I try and only buy British reared meat. It's not hard to find and for most of the year is comparable in price.. that Dutch and dnaish bacon is generally full of water and shite.. need 6 rashers to make a Sarnie... Good bacon will suffice with 2 so false economy often...
As I say marra my mate Yorkie is a pig farmer and he sells it all over the world - Yorke ham we always joke with him:cool:

Pub I was in last night did ham, cheese and pickle rolls, bag of crisps and a kit kat for £2.50

Said take your time over it, had 3 pints and fucked off. Nowt wrong with that, IMO.

Kinda like coperto.

Pub I was in last night did ham, cheese and pickle rolls, bag of crisps and a kit kat for £2.50

Said take your time over it, had 3 pints and fucked off. Nowt wrong with that, IMO.

Kinda like coperto.
Din't like the sound of them.

Chocolate doesn't gan with beer neither.

Been enjoying that type of stuff of late, but I still wouldn't eat chocolate with it.

I think the kitkat was a novel dig at the government tbh. Was billed as an "extra special mini dessert to be requested at any time". I ate it. Owt for (more or less) nowt.

I've got tomorrow off work so the plan is a substantial breakfast in the pub followed substantial lunch in another pub and then a substantial dinner somewhere else.

Well I was out last night at a brewery tap room. You had to buy a pizza voucher on the way in which was basically a deposit on a pizza. You could use it whenever you wanted and no need to leave after you'd eat it. Was there all night, it was class.

Well I was out last night at a brewery tap room. You had to buy a pizza voucher on the way in which was basically a deposit on a pizza. You could use it whenever you wanted and no need to leave after you'd eat it. Was there all night, it was class.

Where was that like? Seems like a good set up

To the approach to all this, e.g.how come Sweden will have a relatively normal Xmas period and we get 5 days, are we expected to believe Coronis downs tools for a few days. Utter nonsense.
so you’re saying we shouldn’t have the 5 day window so we can protect against covid?

Where was that like? Seems like a good set up
Exale in Walthamstow. Cracking set up there and they managed the whole thing very well, most people stuck around all evening so clearly this substantial meal rule is achieving what it's supposed to (stopping pub crawls).

Really hope table service sticks around once we're back to normal. I'll be glad to never have to get up and order a drink at a bar again.

Exale in Walthamstow. Cracking set up there and they managed the whole thing very well, most people stuck around all evening so clearly this substantial meal rule is achieving what it's supposed to (stopping pub crawls).

Really hope table service sticks around once we're back to normal. I'll be glad to never have to get up and order a drink at a bar again.
I’m the same bud, much prefer it to standing at the bar for ages.

I agree about table service but personally I like sitting at the bar having a few pints. I look forward to the day I’m able to do that again and watch a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back