Pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desperate shifting of the goalposts there, in the original post you said 'per population head' which is a proportional, measure, like a...percentage. And funny how you've only come up with 'actual numbers' now. Just face it: on almost any measure, saying that Sweden is more like the UK than its neighbours is just bollocks. But but but Sweden.

I did realise that earlier but you seemed to be having so much fun with collating stats, so sorry that was a bit naughty. The long & the short is Sweden had many more vulnerable elderly (80+ years old) due to obviously a bigger population + the mild winter they had the back end of 2019 resulting in this situation. That being said just like UK and others they should have been more prepared in protecting this demographic.

The powers that be don’t want us plebs going into football stadiums, pubs or flying internationally again. They want to keep us in our place. I honestly don’t think I will watch Sunderland again in my lifetime. What was once the argument of conspiracy theorists - immunity passports, police brutality, destroying small businesses - has now actually happened. I’m at the point now where I honestly don’t know what the Tories are doing. I rationally thought there was no way the Conservative party will butcher the economy, but that is exactly what they are doing.
I think we will have shutdowns like this indefinitely, the hospital occupancy rates will be a constant tool of fear. This year is nothing spectacular in terms of beds occupied, some winters over the last decade have been worse, they’ll claim we have to shut down for the flu. I’m not a proponent of this great reset theory but government actions are planting a seed of doubt in my mind. These actions lack any kind of rational thought.

Even if it is, once you finish eating your "substantial meal" you are out of the pub, so unless you are going in for a swift half, its hardly worth it
I'm gonna try it later this week in 'Spoons in Thirsk, I'll order a starter then a main course and eventually a dessert and I reckon I'll be able to drag that out at least a couple of hours and have 5 or 6 pints. Rinse n repeat if my uncle comes with me.

I'm gonna try it later this week in 'Spoons in Thirsk, I'll order a starter then a main course and eventually a dessert and I reckon I'll be able to drag that out at least a couple of hours and have 5 or 6 pints. Rinse n repeat if my uncle comes with me.
Let us know the findings Lardy, this is the sort of grassroots stuff folk will be interested in.

from the guardian
In October, the housing secretary, Robert Jenrick, said a Cornish pasty counted as a meal only if it came with sides, while police in Manchester found themselves at the centre of the confusion when they stopped a pizzeria from serving single slices, only to back down after the restaurant pointed out that they were “f***ing massive”.
Substantive meals are a thing though it is the rule that allows 16 year olds to be bought drink in bars

from the guardian
In October, the housing secretary, Robert Jenrick, said a Cornish pasty counted as a meal only if it came with sides, while police in Manchester found themselves at the centre of the confusion when they stopped a pizzeria from serving single slices, only to back down after the restaurant pointed out that they were “f***ing massive”.
Substantive meals are a thing though it is the rule that allows 16 year olds to be bought drink in bars
😊😊

Credit to anyone who royally takes the piss out of the stupid ruling. People need to be savvy and cunning, just like the Tories have been savvy and cunning in shifting money to their dodgy, corrupt mates over these last few months.
from the guardian
I honestly think they’re intending to antagonise people. It’s truly pathetic what is going on in this country. Either that or just having to be seen to be doing something. It really is truly remarkable

Last edited:
I honestly think they’re intending to antagonise people. It’s truly pathetic what is going on in this country. Either that or just having to be seen to be doing something. It really is truly remarkable
Not just this country tho is it? Similar rules are being applied throughout Europe which makes most of what you’re saying a load of old bollocks.

The powers that be don’t want us plebs going into football stadiums, pubs or flying internationally again. They want to keep us in our place. I honestly don’t think I will watch Sunderland again in my lifetime. What was once the argument of conspiracy theorists - immunity passports, police brutality, destroying small businesses - has now actually happened. I’m at the point now where I honestly don’t know what the Tories are doing. I rationally thought there was no way the Conservative party will butcher the economy, but that is exactly what they are doing.
I think we will have shutdowns like this indefinitely, the hospital occupancy rates will be a constant tool of fear. This year is nothing spectacular in terms of beds occupied, some winters over the last decade have been worse, they’ll claim we have to shut down for the flu. I’m not a proponent of this great reset theory but government actions are planting a seed of doubt in my mind. These actions lack any kind of rational thought.

As irrational as it sounds , it's starting to bug me. Like, will the rules around wearing masks that hide people's faces and keeping 2m from other humans ever be truly lifted ? Just seems so far away that it will just become normal. Like, why not? Just because the spread has died right off, we might aswel just carry on with those measures anyway .

As irrational as it sounds , it's starting to bug me. Like, will the rules around wearing masks that hide people's faces and keeping 2m from other humans ever be truly lifted ? Just seems so far away that it will just become normal. Like, why not? Just because the spread has died right off, we might aswel just carry on with those measures anyway .
They will be binned off the second these vaccines are dished out to pensioners.

Seriously man, some of the posts above this are lunatic tin foil hat territory. Some people definitely need to take a break from the Internet for a while.

They will be binned off the second these vaccines are dished out to pensioners.

Seriously man, some of the posts above this are lunatic tin foil hat territory. Some people definitely need to take a break from the Internet for a while.

i hope your right mate. i just can't picture Boris standing up on Tele and saying that masks aren't needed anymore and 2m social distancing isnt needed anymore.

i hope your right mate. i just can't picture Boris standing up on Tele and saying that masks aren't needed anymore and 2m social distancing isnt needed anymore.
Really? If anything I can picture him doing it too soon. He'll be desperate to say those words.

In reality I reckon it'll just phase itself out. No one enjoys wearing the masks and everyone takes them off the second they leave a shop. Will be gone by summer. Barely anyone is doing social distancing these days anyway, in fact it's pretty much dead.

I think they'll say that they're no longer compulsory but they'll 'advise' they should be worn during the winter flu season - basically leaving the onus on the general public to do what they feel most comfortable doing.

The downside of that is that it'll also continue to provide ammunition for those who like to call others selfish.

Reactions: Boy
Really? If anything I can picture him doing it too soon. He'll be desperate to say those words.

In reality I reckon it'll just phase itself out. No one enjoys wearing the masks and everyone takes them off the second they leave a shop. Will be gone by summer. Barely anyone is doing social distancing these days anyway, in fact it's pretty much dead.
i wish i shared your positivity.
I think they'll say that they're no longer compulsory but they'll 'advise' they should be worn during the winter flu season - basically leaving the onus on the general public to do what they feel most comfortable doing.

The downside of that is that it'll also continue to provide ammunition for those who like to call others selfish.

this is what i fear. then due to a few complaints, shopping places and public transport etc.. make it compulsory to avoid bad press.

Last edited:
To be honest if any publican just leaves your dirty plates on your table after you've finished punters would be able to stay in the bar.
No covid Marshall or Police Officer is going to check the time that the meal was purchased.

To be honest if any publican just leaves your dirty plates on your table after you've finished punters would be able to stay in the bar.
No covid Marshall or Police Officer is going to check the time that the meal was purchased.
I can easily drag 3 or 4 courses out a couple of hours, I've done that hundreds of times over the years, I've certainly never seen the point of rushing food and don't really see your point here tbh.

I can easily drag 3 or 4 courses out a couple of hours, I've done that hundreds of times over the years, I've certainly never seen the point of rushing food and don't really see your point here tbh.
Its a pretty basic point really explaining an easy loophole that could be exploited to keep regular punters in the pub drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back