Pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its a pretty basic point really explaining an easy loophole that could be exploited to keep regular punters in the pub drinking

On top of that there will be a shit load of pubs who don't care. We were in the Mile Castle the last time you were supposed to only be in with your household and there were quite a few same sex polygamous households having a liquid lunch.

Its a pretty basic point really explaining an easy loophole that could be exploited to keep regular punters in the pub drinking
I know the point your trying to make but it's not like we're gonna sit all afternoon with a scotch egg, I've never been a believer in rushing food - and there's stats here that show a significant proportion of people think 90mins is insufficient time for a substantial meal;

Strangely it seems to be younger people who tend to rush.
On top of that there will be a shit load of pubs who don't care. We were in the Mile Castle the last time you were supposed to only be in with your household and there were quite a few same sex polygamous households having a liquid lunch.
Correct

Reactions: ebb
Not just this country tho is it? Similar rules are being applied throughout Europe which makes most of what you’re saying a load of old bollocks.
Other countries are having debates as to whether scotch eggs amount to a substantial meal?
Some cretins just dont get it...
How on Earth will the substantial meal policy save lives?
As irrational as it sounds , it's starting to bug me. Like, will the rules around wearing masks that hide people's faces and keeping 2m from other humans ever be truly lifted ? Just seems so far away that it will just become normal. Like, why not? Just because the spread has died right off, we might aswel just carry on with those measures anyway .
If it’s truly about hospital occupancy rates then this year isn’t overly exceptional, I think a lot of these policies will become permanent through the winter months. You are right I just don’t foresee this PM standing up and saying x, y and z are now lifted. Some things end up being permanent. You could walk down Downing Street once upon a time, gates were then constructed as a temporary measure due to IRA threat, those gates are still up to this day. This idea the vaccine is going to liberate us all and SD go from unprecedented curtailment of peoples lives to full freedom is obscene. The Oxford vaccine only offers 70% protection, they’ll claim that until everyone has one of the more efficient vaccines, the measures are still necessary. The goalposts will change and then change again.

Last edited:
Let us know the findings Lardy, this is the sort of grassroots stuff folk will be interested in.
Just got back from the 3 Tuns ('Spoons) in Thirsk and it's good and bad news really - first the good news I had a marvellous Mixed Grill on special for £4.99, problem being you are only allowed max 3 pints with your meal (one before one during and one after) I asked if this was a Wetherspoons policy or if it's across the board and was told it's across the board from Govt? Anyhow I enjoyed my meal and 3 pints but there was no way I was getting a fourth (tried all ways). The pub was empty which doesn't surprise me with that policy and it was an hours drive each way wasted (Mixed Grill Excepted). How has everyone elses experiences been with it was I just unlucky or is this par for the course??
You have to push a few stools in to get served at the bar apparently.
Noticed one of the pubs in town is doing chicken nuggets and chips for £2.
Substantial nuggets?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the 3 Tuns ('Spoons) in Thirsk and it's good and bad news really - first the good news I had a marvellous Mixed Grill on special for £4.99, problem being you are only allowed max 3 pints with your meal (one before one during and one after) I asked if this was a Wetherspoons policy or if it's across the board and was told it's across the board from Govt? Anyhow I enjoyed my meal and 3 pints but there was no way I was getting a fourth (tried all ways). The pub was empty which doesn't surprise me with that policy and it was an hours drive each way wasted (Mixed Grill Excepted). How has everyone elses experiences been with it was I just unlucky or is this par for the course??

You have to push a few stools in to get served at the bar apparently.

Substantial nuggets?

Rob the brick is in said pub now with his nuggets and chips and side salad for £2.. not touched them but as long as food in the plate he can have as much booze as he wanta in the two hours he is allowed

Rob the brick is in said pub now with his nuggets and chips and side salad for £2.. not touched them but as long as food in the plate he can have as much booze as he wanta in the two hours he is allowed
Fair play this is what I expected, wankers down there in 'spoons which is a real shame as I love that pub normally:neutral:
Frijj isn't fat like.
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
Pork pies on the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back