Pubs around SOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...where away fans will be welcome tomorrow? (No colours and and not arseholes)

I only ever have a drink in town and then walk over...never drank around the ground so no idea where it will be safe to take my Leeds friends (two adults, two kids)

Any suggestions?
If they don't have colours on you can take them where u like. I was in a home fans only pub on wed night. Whispered my order at the bar though haha

If they don't have colours on you can take them where u like. I was in a home fans only pub on wed night. Whispered my order at the bar though haha
Even if they had colours on mate nobody's gonna start on 2 men with 2 kids. We're not animals. Mackems are generally nice people. The away fans usually mingle with ours after the match and head for the town. Nobody cares, we're all just there to watch our 2 teams.

Wheatsheaf is where there was hell on last time we played them in the cup a few years ago. Colliery Tavern is always a good mix of home and away as said but that also means it could turn sour at any minute if the away fans start acting like pricks like Leicester most recently did.

3 hours before kick off they have a two hour talk in, its the podcast lads, I just forget which one

Aye. We're doing it upstairs in The Peacock from 3pm today. This week Kieron Brady is on with us.

There's some prizes to be won and there's also a BBQ on the go.

Family friendly and free to come in.

The old fire station next to the empire was getting done out and turned into a bar downstairs last time I passed.

Fulwells old stn pole was getting shifted across into the bar if my memory serves me right.

Thanks all.

Agree with some of the comments that they should be able to get in anywhere but, as I only ever drink in town and walk over, I had no clue what that side of the bridge is like pre-match, especially for away fans :)

Wheatsheaf is where there was hell on last time we played them in the cup a few years ago. Colliery Tavern is always a good mix of home and away as said but that also means it could turn sour at any minute if the away fans start acting like pricks like Leicester most recently did.
If Leeds start acting like twats ( as they often do ) in the Tavern - it will go up

...where away fans will be welcome tomorrow? (No colours and and not arseholes)

I only ever have a drink in town and then walk over...never drank around the ground so no idea where it will be safe to take my Leeds friends (two adults, two kids)

Any suggestions?
How did you get on, mate? A good experience I'm guessing? ;)

Hope you and the bairns had a nice day and you all have a safe journey home.

We'll get you next time!... :mad:

How did you get on, mate? A good experience I'm guessing? ;)

Hope you and the bairns had a nice day and you all have a safe journey home.

We'll get you next time!... :mad:

I live in Sunderland and been an SAFC ST holder for 15 year...was just meeting some Leeds friends and their kids ;)

But, yeah, we ended up just drinking in the Hilton before and after the game. Nice and relaxed, no risk of any bother although incredibly expensive for piss water :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back