Pubs around SOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

...where away fans will be welcome tomorrow? (No colours and and not arseholes)

I only ever have a drink in town and then walk over...never drank around the ground so no idea where it will be safe to take my Leeds friends (two adults, two kids)

Any suggestions?

The Navy Club on Roker Avenue.

I'd avoid the Colliery tbh. You'd probably be okay personally (as will your guests) but I can imagine there'll be an edge to the atmosphere. Not really the place for bairns. I'll be in the Victory or Deafy but that was the location of the trouble against Celtic and is an easy target for the Jacksons mob if Leeds start acting themselves.

Best bet I'd say is heading up the road to the Halfway House. Bit of a dump, can get quite busy (as can everywhere else) but it's normally a more settled crowd.

Jameson's in the town is always popular with away fans and never any bother

unless Man United are in town. Leeds are of a similar ilk. Come to take over type attitude (like Celtic). United tried that in Jamesons one season I'm sure and it ended in tears.

If you've got kids with ya din't gan in a pub FFS.

nah, sod that. Part of the match day experience growing up. I grew up spending 2 or 3 hours in smoke filled pubs surrounded by drunks counting down the seconds until we could walk over the Stadium and go stand by the pitchside watching the lads warm up. I never saw the attraction until I reached 18 and now I can see why it's often the best part of the day. :lol:

Last edited:
I'd avoid the Colliery tbh. You'd probably be okay personally (as will your guests) but I can imagine there'll be an edge to the atmosphere. Not really the place for bairns. I'll be in the Victory or Deafy but that was the location of the trouble against Celtic and is an easy target for the Jacksons mob if Leeds start acting themselves.

Best bet I'd say is heading up the road to the Halfway House. Bit of a dump, can get quite busy (as can everywhere else) but it's normally a more settled crowd.

unless Man United are in town. Leeds are of a similar ilk. Come to take over type attitude (like Celtic). United tried that in Jamesons one season I'm sure and it ended in tears.

nah, sod that. Part of the match day experience growing up. I grew up spending 2 or 3 hours in smoke filled pubs surrounded by drunks counting down the seconds until we could walk over the Stadium and go stand by the pitchside watching the lads warm up. I never saw the attraction until I reached 18 and now I can see why it's often the best part of the day. :lol:

Man Utd incident was the corner flag marra.

did it not begin in Jamesons? If not then ignore that entire post and go there :lol:

Not sure but if it did it's a canny ol battle :lol:

Kicked off there and Yates with Boro before. If they come through on the trains rather than metro it'll be where they end up.

Not sure but if it did it's a canny ol battle :lol:

Kicked off there and Yates with Boro before. If they come through on the trains rather than metro it'll be where they end up.

I'm probably miles off tbh. :lol: I just hope they dinnit end up walking down from St Peters and into the Victory club. Ticking timebomb if the Jacksons lot are milling about.

Its an absolute disgrace that decent people have to worry about what pubs are safe or otherwise.Utter cowardly meatheads being given license to menace people because they have the temerity to support a football team different to theirs.
World has gone mad.
Some on here think such meatheads are the bees knees.

Anywhere will be fine, no one gives a shit it's not the 70s.
This. Especially with kids in tow.

The away fans usually walk across the bridge with our fans after the game too. Never any bother at all. If anybody did try to start trouble with you they'd get a slap Davey Moysey styley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back