Pub quiz machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hate them they cheat. A sixteenth question appeared on millionaire, got the jackpot like. Can't remember which one but gave me a question which weighs more. Potatoes, gold or same. I got to try all three answers and none were correct, rip off.

Used to know all the answers to the one in BB's in town including the fact that Billy Hughes scored the winning goal in the 1973 cup final.:eek: Porterfiled wasn't an option.
It quite often didn't pay out the jackpot and they didn't give a toss when we complained.

Hate them they cheat. A sixteenth question appeared on millionaire, got the jackpot like. Can't remember which one but gave me a question which weighs more. Potatoes, gold or same. I got to try all three answers and none were correct, rip off.
Sounds like a bug rather than cheating. They don’t need to cheat. People are thick/pissed/don’t know how to play them well enough so they make their profits easily enough.
The problem is that people (myself included) are seduced by the flashy lights and new games instead of just concentrating on the fixed number of questions games eg pub quiz, millionaire etc.

Sounds like a bug rather than cheating. They don’t need to cheat. People are thick/pissed/don’t know how to play them well enough so they make their profits easily enough.
The problem is that people (myself included) are seduced by the flashy lights and new games instead of just concentrating on the fixed number of questions games eg pub quiz, millionaire etc.
The extra questions in millionaire was on watchdog, they were definitely cheating. The other thing could be a bug but I think they put it in to stop you if you are doing too well.

The extra questions in millionaire was on watchdog, they were definitely cheating. The other thing could be a bug but I think they put it in to stop you if you are doing too well.
But even with the extra questions you still only have to answer 20 or summat to win.

There used to be a pub In Framwellgate Moor high street called the Victoria.

They had a quiz machine in there and I swear it was on settings for Fram locals

What coulour is red?
Red, blue, Green, orange

I used to rinse it

But even with the extra questions you still only have to answer 20 or summat to win.
I think it's fifteen in the proper game. So sixteen total with the extra one. The video at the start said you COULD be 15 questions away from so they had covered themselves but a bit sneaky.

Used to love ‘Nuts’ back in the day. Game went on for quite a while and you got to stare at Lucy Pinder and Michelle Marsh. Had some decent wins on it too.

Pub quiz was good, stood a good chance of winning your quid back at least :lol:

My sister was at uni with a couple of Chinese twins who would rinse the quiz machines for money.
They killed themselves in an exam by putting sharpened pencils up their nose and smashing their heads on the desk.

Bit of a extreme way to rub yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back