Ship Isis
Greens
Dun Cow
Blackbull
Derry
Old 29 X
Gannet X
Boulevard X
Any sign of getting served difficulties and we’d be straight out of the door onto the next one.We’d probably miss 2-4 out of that list. Sometimes even went into the little un ower the grass from oddfellows and free gardeners which I can never remember the name of.

Mixture
When you're younger you want a good look about
1 pint then off
Some pubs force you're hand ,no seats ,wrong sport on telly etc
Others you drop just right on some seats and stay a while
I can sit comfy and drink in the house
You're looking for stimulus when you're out ,something going on ,a bit life.

Depends who I’m with.

Usually just stay in the one place, happy if the beer is decent and there’s sport on TV for the most part.

If I’m with my mates and especially if it’s Durham or Newcastle then we tend to move about a lot.

Never do a pub crawl in my home town. Just have my local and stop there, though I do have one alternate in case of emergencies - such as avoiding karaoke night. There are other pubs within 10-15 minutes of my house which I haven't been to in years.

If in a big city or a town I don't know well then nothing beats a pub crawl mystery tour as you never know what's next. Google Maps has taken some of the randomness out of it though. Back in the day you'd just wander down streets to see what you could find. Even in London which I have been visiting regularly for over 30 years, it's still easy to find somewhere new or has changed hands.

Never do a pub crawl in my home town. Just have my local and stop there, though I do have one alternate in case of emergencies - such as avoiding karaoke night. There are other pubs within 10-15 minutes of my house which I haven't been to in years.

If in a big city or a town I don't know well then nothing beats a pub crawl mystery tour as you never know what's next. Google Maps has taken some of the randomness out of it though. Back in the day you'd just wander down streets to see what you could find. Even in London which I have been visiting regularly for over 30 years, it's still easy to find somewhere new or has changed
bollocks to karaoke
I can do a pub crawl and stay local now. Wolsey, Shit Happens, Harbour View, ToS, Six, Grandpa Dickies, Grannie Annie's, Cliff, home.
Same here. The first pubs seven mins away then there’s five more each within 30 secs of it.

Last edited:
I can do a pub crawl and stay local now. Wolsey, Shit Happens, Harbour View, ToS, Six, Grandpa Dickies, Grannie Annie's, Cliff, home.
Wasn't about being local tbf. Was just about if you prefer bedding down in one pub or frequenting numerous. Seems you're more the latter.
Exactly. No point leaving a good pub for somewhere worse.
Yup. Which many end up doing.

Last edited:

Back