Pub crawl v finding a good pub and staying put

What's your preferred approach?
Great topic marra ..and a cheerful one!
One great pub for me...because(link to thresd "you kna your owld when")
Nee sport for me mind...like music( live ) and good crack(verbal)

Last edited by a moderator:
Prefer an inbetween the two, I tend to like going to more than one place when out but I couldn’t be arsed to move on after as little as one pint per pub. Seems too much effort to me especially if out in a big group where people drink at different paces, and by the time you’ve stood at the bar to get served then drank it your arse has barely warmed the seat.

I find a traffic free quiet corner, and stay all night in a Wetherspoons, it's cheaper now I'm an owld' un. When I was younger we were heading for the noisiest most packed places in town, then onto night clubs. Life choices change over time.

As I’ve got older, finding a good pub and staying put, especially if it has sport on the tv

Same here, we found a cracking boozer down liverpool once when we were down for a mates 50th. Sport was on tele, place was busy with good atmosphere, good crack between the lads, pool table and dart board in if you fancy a game. Was more than happy to spend good 4 hours in there on a Saturday afternoon

All to do with the weather for me..even when we were young'uns I wouldn't go walking pub to pub in the rain or if it was freezing..if was a proper manky night a few of us would just go up Steels or the Mill View and get pissed.

I like a pub crawl too but I like to occasionally actually go in a pub, as opposed to the promise of a 'great pub' that ends up being a 3 mile walk and turns out shite ;)
This walk is getting longer and longer with every telling of the story. ;)

You’d best watch the London Marathon today as this could be the course of the pub crawl for 21st of June lurve.

Back