Pub crawl v finding a good pub and staying put

Crawls with big groups can be annoying. Always someone wanting to move within a few minutes of arriving, arguments over where to go next and slow drinkers delaying everyone else.

Call me billy no mates, but I quite like a solo crawl. Go where you want at your own pace.
Aye or the slow drinker. Tbf normally only 3 or 4 of us and it’s not done often.
I went to the RVI the other day. Had a nice little crawl on the way home (metro). Had two in the pub opposite the hay market. Had one in the ivy house this side. Then a couple in the rosedene. All by myself. Lovely.

Aye or the slow drinker. Tbf normally only 3 or 4 of us and it’s not done often.
I went to the RVI the other day. Had a nice little crawl on the way home (metro). Had two in the pub opposite the hay market. Had one in the ivy house this side. Then a couple in the rosedene. All by myself. Lovely.

Did it on Christmas Eve with the dog. Went down the beach then from roker through the town the to Ivy house then doubled back once my mates were out.

The dog was loving it.

Last edited:

Suppose it's better than a pub crawl on the way to the hospital.

What's your preferred approach?
Good pub and staying put every time... but I caveat that with going alone so if the mood takes me and I want to go elsewhere I can.

There is a mini crawl in my area we may do but only with Big Dave driving... down to the green and along the drag there taking in the proper Irish pub for the All Ireland games then to the vermouth bar then back to the local.

Has the manageress returned from her sojourn on Christmas day?

Crawls with big groups can be annoying. Always someone wanting to move on within a few minutes of arriving, arguments over where to go next and slow drinkers delaying everyone else.

Call me billy no mates, but I quite like a solo crawl. Go where you want at your own pace.
I've got a few days banked that need using soon so I'm pondering a couple of solo afternoon missions.

Get in a bar get the drinks going, don’t waste valuable drinking time moving around.

Get slaughtered, together.

Walking is for idiots. The slow but inevitable decent into oblivion is for the princes.

Was my local when MM had it - went a bit shit after and I haven't bothered with it for a while now, too many screaming kids running around last time I was in.
Used to be part of our crawl but rarely bother now even though it's a free half with every pint 😁

Last time I was in was a Saturday about 7 for some tea with wench and bairn and there was a table of about 20 adults and the kids were just running wild

Back