PS5 Event

Loving the haptic feedback from the controller
Logon or register to see this image
Console isn't as huge as I thought, it's still canny grotesque like :lol:

Pull the trigger, you won’t regret it!

The only thing stopping me is kind of having to babysit it for screen burn I.e I'm a one for just abandoning the room and leaving tvs/monitors on pause for hours.

Last edited:

Loving the haptic feedback from the controller
Logon or register to see this image
Console isn't as huge as I thought, it's still canny grotesque like :lol:

The only thing stopping me is kind of having to babysit it for screen burn I.e I'm a one for just abandoning the room and leaving tvs/monitors on pause for hours.

Fair point, you don’t wanna be leaving it on pause for hours, that’ll definitely ruin it. Simple habit adjustment tho, then you get to enjoy OLED!

If you want to make it even easier, just in case you do leave it, plug-in to a smart plug. Then you can turn it off remotely.

One of the guys on the ign beyond podcast brought his face plates into a car detailer to get them sprayed metallic black! 🤣

they just looked at him weirdly went umm ok 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm not that desperate. I'm sure Sony will happily rip me off for some soon enough.
One of the guys on the ign beyond podcast brought his face plates into a car detailer to get them sprayed metallic black! 🤣

they just looked at him weirdly went umm ok 🤷🏻‍♂️
It is far from silent while installing a game from disc as well.
Had a mess about on Astros playroom. Good fun. The controller is really impressive.

Last edited:
Love the controller but the X button is sticking already. Thought I may have just been unlucky but it seems, after Googling, that it's a common problem. Great :neutral:

Love the controller but the X button is sticking already. Thought I may have just been unlucky but it seems, after Googling, that it's a common problem. Great :neutral:

The springs in the triggers have been bending/snapping as well, expected it with the haptic feedback but not this soon. You have to pay to post it to Sony as well. Think I’m going to turn it off on certain games like fifa where it’s unnecessary.

Last edited:
The springs in the triggers have been bending/snapping as well, expected it with the haptic feedback but not this soon. You have to pay to post it to Sony as well. Think I’m going to turn it off on certain games like fifa where it’s unnecessary.

Aye, read about that too. You'd think Sony might have done some quality control.

Roll on version 2.

Aye, read about that too. You'd think Sony might have done some quality control.

Roll on version 2.
These are the joys of buying new releases as a gamer. :lol: Console problems, joypad issues, games released incomplete. :lol: Makes me wonder why we persists with this hobby sometimes. Needs a proper regulatory body does the industry.

These are the joys of buying new releases as a gamer. :lol: Console problems, joypad issues, games released incomplete. :lol: Makes me wonder why we persists with this hobby sometimes. Needs a proper regulatory body does the industry.

We've gone from consumers to just being beta testers.

I've no doubt this will be a huge issue for Sony once the PS5 stock becomes normal. I mean you can tell they already knew about the sticking buttons as it's one of the two options when you report it. Kernts.

Last edited:
Well it all worked straight out of the box Christmas day, the bairn was delighted and I loved watching him on Astro's, Miles Morales, Spiderman, he even loaded up a few of his PS4 games to see what they looked like (Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and Marvel Avengers - both looked great tbh). No issues with any system problems / glitches and no reports of any joypad problems either (they better be fine as we have 2 ffs - got another as I'll be playing Lego Skywalker Saga with him when it comes out !).
It's a really lovely system mind, loads quickly, looks lovely and I honestly felt like I'd gotten a golden ticket when I managed to pre-order him one back in September (I beat the scalper bots - gerrin !).
Still haven't managed to get one. Ergh
Just keep trying fella, the scalpers will probably not bother next wave so hopefully you'll be able to pick 1 up in January xxx)...good luck and fingers crossed for you !

Last edited:
Well it all worked straight out of the box Christmas day, the bairn was delighted and I loved watching him on Astro's, Miles Morales, Spiderman, he even loaded up a few of his PS4 games to see what they looked like (Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and Marvel Avengers - both looked great tbh). No issues with any system problems / glitches and no reports of any joypad problems either (they better be fine as we have 2 ffs - got another as I'll be playing Lego Skywalker Saga with him when it comes out !).
It's a really lovely system mind, loads quickly, looks lovely and I honestly felt like I'd gotten a golden ticket when I managed to pre-order him one back in September (I beat the scalper bots - gerrin !).

Just keep trying fella, the scalpers will probably not bother next wave so hopefully you'll be able to pick 1 up in January xxx)...good luck and fingers crossed for you !

Astros is great fun as a way to familiar yourself with the new controller functions.

Back