Protein Supplements

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd never take a protein shake over food if I had the choice.

These will not cost you £50 a week either. £50 worth of protein powder will last you a hell of a lot of longer than a week!

Do me a favour mate since you know more than me on them, go on the website you said you got them from, and pick out what you think would work to help strip fat but still getting all the stuff you need in your body.. I've just been on but can't quite work out which is which.

I think maybe if i did get some i'd have like 1 meal per day and use the protien etc as my other source of intake.. PM if neccesary.

no, they sound like meal replacement drinks.

I've never known the real name for them, they just call them " shakes " cause the mix it with water in their bottle and shake it. :lol:

Could do with something like that myself but £50 is steep for the week.

These will not cost you £50 a week either. £50 worth of protein powder will last you a hell of a lot of longer than a week!

Aye, I will mate. Went to the match yesterday and was shattered on the night. I thought it was testosteronemuscle.com you were on about, which is t-nation, then realised it was .co.uk :lol:

Had a cheat day on saturday night like. Went along jsdftm's and had 12" garlic bread, chips, 2 packets of crisps, packet of space raiders, a tracker bar, a full vienetta and 4 beers :lol:
about 12 pints yesterday was my cheat day!

Aye, I will mate. Went to the match yesterday and was shattered on the night. I thought it was testosteronemuscle.com you were on about, which is t-nation, then realised it was .co.uk :lol:

Had a cheat day on saturday night like. Went along jsdftm's and had 12" garlic bread, chips, 2 packets of crisps, packet of space raiders, a tracker bar, a full vienetta and 4 beers :lol:

Aye mate, use my username in the referel box, its straughany.

I had a cheat weekend and gained 5lb in weight :lol: mainly just water and glycogen like so im now drinking as much water and green tea as i can to shed it :lol:

Do me a favour mate since you know more than me on them, go on the website you said you got them from, and pick out what you think would work to help strip fat but still getting all the stuff you need in your body.. I've just been on but can't quite work out which is which.

I think maybe if i did get some i'd have like 1 meal per day and use the protien etc as my other source of intake.. PM if neccesary.

I wouldn't use it as a primary source of caloric intake mate. If you want all the stuff you need in your body, you're still going to need to take in good food too. Here is a link:

http://www.onacademy.co.uk/gold-standard-100-whey

Aye mate, use my username in the referel box, its straughany.

I had a cheat weekend and gained 5lb in weight :lol: mainly just water and glycogen like so im now drinking as much water and green tea as i can to shed it :lol:

:lol: Nice!

I did my first training session of the day just after 9 this morning and when I got back, had Ben and Jerry's half baked ice cream, covered in white chocolate tasting protein sauce :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't use it as a primary source of caloric intake mate. If you want all the stuff you need in your body, you're still going to need to take in good food too. Here is a link:

So this along with a meal or two per day? I don't eat anything really unhealthy, i haven't had fizzy pop, crisps, sweets etc.. for over a month.. I can see benefits already but just a tiny bit. Got a holiday in July and wanna look half decent for that. :lol:

So this along with a meal or two per day? I don't eat anything really unhealthy, i haven't had fizzy pop, crisps, sweets etc.. for over a month.. I can see benefits already but just a tiny bit. Got a holiday in July and wanna look half decent for that. :lol:
eat 5-6 small meals a day

Try and get as much of your intake from 'actual foods' a day, not just for the taste benefits, but also for the micronutrients (don't want to overcomplicate stuff). Whey protein is actually derived from dairy anyway, so it isn't a magic powder, but it is extremely helpful.

Spend a few days writing down the nutritional information of the stuff you eat (protein/carbs/fats) and post them up or drop me a PM and I'll give you a hand!

:lol: Nice!

I did my first training session of the day just after 9 this morning and when I got back, had Ben and Jerry's half baked ice cream, covered in white chocolate tasting protein sauce :cool:

Sounds lush mate, i cant be eating ice cream at the minute though, ive still got 2 stone to shed, i go to thailand in june so i need to get rid of that 2 before then ande really need to try and start my clean bulk phase aswell so i dont look like a f***ing stick.

Just gan for a run ffs.

Sounds lush mate, i cant be eating ice cream at the minute though, ive still got 2 stone to shed, i go to thailand in june so i need to get rid of that 2 before then ande really need to try and start my clean bulk phase aswell so i dont look like a f***ing stick.

Yeah, I probably eat ice cream daily, but it fits into my macros and I'm consistently lowering BF%

Even though I'm not a bodybuilder, about 6 weeks out from summer, I'll probably cut it out though and make sure I 'peak' around July :cool:

Yeah, I probably eat ice cream daily, but it fits into my macros and I'm consistently lowering BF%

Even though I'm not a bodybuilder, about 6 weeks out from summer, I'll probably cut it out though and make sure I 'peak' around July :cool:

Yeah i'm thesame mate, not a bodybuilder and have no interest in becoming one but just want to get rid of all the fat then get to about the size i am now but with muscle instead of fat then i'll be happy.

ON Gold Standard whey 2.27kg.....vanilla ice cream flavour.
Jack 3D 250g....................lemon and lime flavour.
ON micronized creatine 300g....

About £65 for the 3 every 2 months.......on a budget (like most of us) and £30/month is not too bad as those 3 cover most bases.

ON Gold Standard whey 2.27kg.....vanilla ice cream flavour.
Jack 3D 250g....................lemon and lime flavour.
ON micronized creatine 300g....

About £65 for the 3 every 2 months.......on a budget (like most of us) and £30/month is not too bad as those 3 cover most bases.

The grape bubblegum Jack3d is decent, haven't tried any other flavour though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back