Protein Supplements

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 26533

I know a few lads on this forum have asked about them/mentioned that they take them, so what type do you take?

I've just ordered my latest batch from Optimum Nutrition, went for the Rocky Road flavour 'Gold Standard Whey' and got 3 mini sachets of the Double Chocolate. They gave me 40% off my next order and free next day delivery, so not bad.

Recently I've been using Met-RX, but I've heard Optimum Nutrition is pretty good and the macros are more suited to my personal needs...

This thread could also be handy to people looking to buy protein supplements for the first time, giving them a pointer in the way of good brands, instead of them buying some shit like Cell Tech.

I know a few lads on this forum have asked about them/mentioned that they take them, so what type do you take?

I've just ordered my latest batch from Optimum Nutrition, went for the Rocky Road flavour 'Gold Standard Whey' and got 3 mini sachets of the Double Chocolate. They gave me 40% off my next order and free next day delivery, so not bad.

Recently I've been using Met-RX, but I've heard Optimum Nutrition is pretty good and the macros are more suited to my personal needs...

This thread could also be handy to people looking to buy protein supplements for the first time, giving them a pointer in the way of good brands, instead of them buying some shit like Cell Tech.

thats the whey i use, mint chocolate flavour, really good macro's and tastes/mixes really well.

Other than that i use Scivation Xtend.

thats the whey i use, mint chocolate flavour, really good macro's and tastes/mixes really well.

Other than that i use Scivation Xtend.

The 'mint choc' flavour was sold out in the size I wanted at the time, I'll probably get that next.

I only use it when I don't manage to get some 'proper food' down me, but I've also got some Vanilla CNP casein, which just tastes like white chocolate :-D

I tend to use it first thing on the morning but not everyday. The Xtend, I'll tend to sip throughout the day and during a workout.

I don't drink ridiculous scoops of protein shake a day like, but I train twice a day so it's extremely difficult to eat sufficient protein. If I can eat the protein, I'd rather do so, but since it's not really do-able, I just make sure I have a nice tasting protein powder :lol:

£45 is canny pricey for that Gold Standard stuff.

Whats the rocky road taste like?

£45 is canny pricey for that Gold Standard stuff.

Whats the rocky road taste like?

Arriving today, along with my new Grant gloves :-D

The thing is though, if you register and order from ON, they give you loads of discounts and 'reward points', I was quite surprised tbh.

I don't take anything, but apparently you can get good quality stuff from a shop at the metro centre, what is this macros stuff you talk of?

I don't take anything, but apparently you can get good quality stuff from a shop at the metro centre, what is this macros stuff you talk of?

Macros = Macronutrients

Macronutrients are proteins/carbohydrates/fats

Met Rx and others are f***ing expensive.
They all basically do the same thing.
You can usually get them cheaper off eBay, I pay about 40 quid for 5 kg tubs of matrix, which is the same make up generally as the 2.2kg tubs of the met Rx / Gaspari type brands. (though that Gaspari is the nicest tasting stuff I've ever had!!)

Are these to take instead of food?

My mam/nana/grandad regularly buy " shakes " from the chemist, men have 2 per day and women 3, around £50 for 1 week (man) 2 week (women).

My mam has lost a hell of a lot of weight in the past few years using them, she only uses them once in a while now, but they really worked on her and i was planning on getting some.

But, if these things in this thread are for the same purposes, i'd get them, would prefer mint/chocolate flavour rather than chicken soup flavour etc etc.

Im using my protein at the minute, got the weight control stack for £50 reduced from £100.
The whey was stawberry which put me off cos a hate strawberry but i bought it anyway cos of the good price.
Pleased i did cos its lush.

Macros = Macronutrients

Macronutrients are proteins/carbohydrates/fats

Are you ganna sign up to that forum i was telling ya about mate?

My mam/nana/grandad regularly buy " shakes " from the chemist, men have 2 per day and women 3, around £50 for 1 week (man) 2 week (women).

My mam has lost a hell of a lot of weight in the past few years using them, she only uses them once in a while now, but they really worked on her and i was planning on getting some.

But, if these things in this thread are for the same purposes, i'd get them, would prefer mint/chocolate flavour rather than chicken soup flavour etc etc.
no, they sound like meal replacement drinks.

I'd never take a protein shake over food if I had the choice.

These will not cost you £50 a week either. £50 worth of protein powder will last you a hell of a lot of longer than a week!

Im using my protein at the minute, got the weight control stack for £50 reduced from £100.
The whey was stawberry which put me off cos a hate strawberry but i bought it anyway cos of the good price.
Pleased i did cos its lush.

Are you ganna sign up to that forum i was telling ya about mate?

Aye, I will mate. Went to the match yesterday and was shattered on the night. I thought it was testosteronemuscle.com you were on about, which is t-nation, then realised it was .co.uk :lol:

Had a cheat day on saturday night like. Went along jsdftm's and had 12" garlic bread, chips, 2 packets of crisps, packet of space raiders, a tracker bar, a full vienetta and 4 beers :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back