Proper Premier League

Its not that deep mate.

I went along with the title of the thread and based my selections on Premier League only.

I'm not old enough to remember anything before the mid to late 90s.

Do you want me to put Huddersfield in there because they were successful in the 1920s even though they've only spent 2 years in the Premier League in my lifetime?
Wasn’t taking a swing at you. I’ve only been following EPL for maybe 25 years and cant understand why there is such a distinction between the two eras. I’ll look up goal scorers as an example and only get offered Sky era stats.

Genuinely surprised to see the Smogs nip in there at 20. There's a few I'd have guessed ahead of them.

Classic Boro. We really should have won more given our time spent in the top flight. The best teams in our history just could never quite win a league - 3rd is our highest, Hitler invaded Poland when we had probably our best ever team and players. Our FA Cup record was woeful prior to 1997. We really should have done better.

Last edited:
If we are going with proper there should only be these 12 teams

Accrington, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Burnley, Derby County, Everton, Notts County, Preston North End, West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

That was a midlands/NW clique, we were rejected for being too northern.

I’m sure everyone has a different idea of who “should” be in the top flight. My list is based on history, the era I grew up in, and support,

Sunderland
Man Utd
Liverpool
Arsenal
Man City
Spurs
Aston Villa
Everton
Chelsea
Leeds
Sheffield Wednesday
Nottingham Forest
WBA
Norwich
Wolves
QPR
West Ham
Derby County
Blackburn Rovers
Newcastle

What would yours be? 7 of mine aren’t currently in the top flight.
You are 2 teams short of a proper top flight, mate.

Last edited:
I’m sure everyone has a different idea of who “should” be in the top flight. My list is based on history, the era I grew up in, and support,

Sunderland
Man Utd
Liverpool
Arsenal
Man City
Spurs
Aston Villa
Everton
Chelsea
Leeds
Sheffield Wednesday
Nottingham Forest
WBA
Norwich
Wolves
QPR
West Ham
Derby County
Blackburn Rovers
Newcastle

What would yours be? 7 of mine aren’t currently in the top flight.
One of a few I debated over but I like QPR more.
I like you Nelson
I really like QPR but haway man :lol:
From 84-96 we were quality But even though those years seem like yesterday they are sadly over

Last edited:
I like you Nelson

From 84-96 we were quality But even though those years seem like yesterday they are sadly over
Always had a soft spot for QPR for a few really tangential reasons: Thought Ferdinand and Sinclair were the dogs knackers when I was kid, like the hoops, loved the ground the one time I have attended, and they’re also the team of Edward Elizabeth Hitler.

Should hate you really considering Ferdinand joined the mags, Sinclair knocked us back and you ruined our season on Good Friday in 1998. 😂

Always had a soft spot for QPR for a few really tangential reasons: Thought Ferdinand and Sinclair were the dogs knackers when I was kid, like the hoops, loved the ground the one time I have attended, and they’re also the team of Edward Elizabeth Hitler.

Should hate you really considering Ferdinand joined the mags, Sinclair knocked us back and you ruined our season on Good Friday in 1998. 😂
I was there for Good Friday 98 , there was about 4 weather seasons in that 90 minutes, to this day I don’t know how we got a point out of that game , you battered us !
If your down this season at ours I will happily buy you a pint 🍺

Back