Progress of vaccinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I a
I heard that and heard him say it was gonna be by October, and then Xmas earlier in year so I've stopped taking any notice of these predictions. Plus what does he mean normal?. I read one expert say it could be a normal again by summer. I'm at the point whereby governments, oppositions and the scientists havent really got a clue and just making it up week to week and throwing in a bit of false hope, silver bullets and all that stuff. When we get to easter and even if the vulnerable are mostly vaccinated the same scientists, NHS chiefs, oppositions, governments are still going to say its too early, too risky, to really have any normality as too many positive tests, not enough vulnerable vaccinated, new strains etc

I hope so
I can understand some caution.

The virus will naturally slow down in June, so even if the vaccine doesn’t get us out completely by Easter, a combination of vaccine and warmer weather will definitely see us back to 95% normal by summer.

My dad gets his on Saturday
I can understand some caution.

The virus will naturally slow down in June, so even if the vaccine doesn’t get us out completely by Easter, a combination of vaccine and warmer weather will definitely see us back to 95% normal by summer.

Still think they won't extend Furlough past March and with the vaccine and as you say better weather we will be pretty much back to normal then.

Last edited:
I thought the whole point of restrictions was to protect the NHS? If the vulnerable and elderly are vaccinated by spring and the numbers of hospitalisations and deaths are low then people will naturally start to relax. This may be the tipping point for the majority of people and if large numbers start to ignore the restrictions they’ll become redundant.
It is also to protect people. This is not just a disease that affects over 70s. Many under that age are developing long term health problems. It will not be too much longer to wait.

Read this in the Telegraph to day and I reckon this will be the case ...."The more astute will have noticed that the PM has been reluctant to confirm or deny that restrictions will end once the vulnerable are vaccinated. The bad news ministers don’t trust you enough to tell you is that inoculating at-risk groups by spring is not necessarily a ticket to freedom. This is a baseless public and media assumption, supported in theory by a tiny and marginalised group of lockdown-heretic professors".....

Who said it though? The lying coward of a PM used to write for the Telegraph so it helps to know who is actually writing the piece before giving it any credence.

yea i know that, I had half expected them to be mostly done by easter. I guess I was off by a few months.
The age groups & dates it gives are...
80+....... 21/12 - 17/01
75 - 79... 17/01 - 28/01
70 - 74... 28/01 - 24/02
65 - 69... 24/02 - 13/03
60 - 64... 23/4 - 11/05
55 - 59... 11/05 -02/06
50 - 54... 02/06 - 25/06
Under 50... 25/06 - 15/09

**Don't know why they've left a gap in dates between the 60-64 & 65-69 age groups.

Last edited:
How does our roll out compare with other countries?
Ive already posted this previously - We're winning but Russia is catching us up

The age groups & dates it gives are...
80+....... 21/12 - 17/01
75 - 79... 17/01 - 28/01
70 - 74... 28/01 - 24/02
65 - 69... 24/02 - 13/03
60 - 64... 23/4 - 11/05
55 - 59... 11/05 -02/06
50 - 54... 02/06 - 25/06
Under 50... 25/06 - 15/09

**Don't know why they've left a gap in dates between the 60-64 & 65-69 age groups.

The gap is because people of ALL ages with underlying conditions get done before the 60-64 group.

They already have pushed it to April.

Yes but theres two things happened this week - one London but nore significant and its something I mentioned is the post is the vaccines been delayed and many surgeries now wont get it until January at the earliest so the cover won't be significant until later in the year.

why dont the government appoint a minister of vaccines to oversee all this ?

What do you want him to do like? Get his HGV license and help out?

This is a nightmare and get to get 140,000+ vaccines done in a week with our most vulnerable is a great effort.

As soon as the Oxford vaccine is cleared you'll see ~500,000 done a week.

The government have got lots wrong - but getting this started at the pace they have isn't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back