Progress of vaccinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would use up the initial supply of 400,000 vaccinations (2 doses per person) and I haven't seen any news of further deliveries just that they are expecting Millions before the end of the year.
They will not hold back half of the vaccine for the second dose.
There will be 4 to 5 million vaccine doses in the UK by the end of the year.
They aren't publishing daily delivery schedules.

They didn't even publish details of the initial 800,000 doses other than to say it was expected in the UK on a particular day.
The lorries you saw on telly leaving the factory and heading for the UK were not full of UK vaccine, they were just random lorries leaving a busy factory.
The government didn't say how they were getting here or how they would arrive or where they were being taken.
That will remain the case.

Didn’t I read something about AstraZeneca doing ongoing trials in America because of the high numbers of cases.
We normally manage to vaccinate over 15 million people over a 6-8 week period in a normal year, mainly in primary care, don’ t worry it is gathering pace and we are working ourselves into early graves to ensure all our lives can return to normal ASAP please have some faith but in the mean time stay safe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

They will not hold back half of the vaccine for the second dose.
There will be 4 to 5 million vaccine doses in the UK by the end of the year.
They aren't publishing daily delivery schedules.

They didn't even publish details of the initial 800,000 doses other than to say it was expected in the UK on a particular day.
The lorries you saw on telly leaving the factory and heading for the UK were not full of UK vaccine, they were just random lorries leaving a busy factory.
The government didn't say how they were getting here or how they would arrive or where they were being taken.
That will remain the case.

As I understand it each batch of vaccine has to be independently tested for quality and the 800,000 were ready to be shipped when the vaccine was approved. I haven't heard about any more deliveries and we aren't the only ones wanting supplies. In which case they would have to reserve the 400,000 for the second dose.

My grandparents are getting their first at Bunny Hill on Sunday, second on Jan 11th. They are not in care homes but are over 80 so are in the second group to get it. I presume the care homes much have enough vaccine accounted for to do them all before they are starting on the over 80s?
Good to hear mate, my FIL is 84 , heart condition so would have thought he’d be up there but not heard yet.. would put mrs g’s mind at rest a little bit.. can’t keep the old boy in. Just nipped to Morrison’s, Lidl, or whatever shop he fancies. Mrs is sick of telling him..

Oxford might be approved early next year but we’ll still need measures after the vulnerable are done, according to Mr Whitby. Headingley looking further off by the day
They're still hoping to start administering the Oxford vaccine this year according to BBC article I read yesterday. And they were always going to have some kind of restrictions in directly after the vulnerable were sorted. But at that point those restrictions will be eased somewhat.

Sure I read somewhere that vaccinating 10% of the population would reduce transmission by 40%. No idea where I got that from but it’s stuck in my brain and I can’t be arsed to google as it’s late. Hope this helps.

My nana says she'll be free mid january.

It's going to be like that Simpsons episode where the kids are under curfew. Only the kids includes everyone up to age 60.

Read this in the Telegraph to day and I reckon this will be the case ...."The more astute will have noticed that the PM has been reluctant to confirm or deny that restrictions will end once the vulnerable are vaccinated. The bad news ministers don’t trust you enough to tell you is that inoculating at-risk groups by spring is not necessarily a ticket to freedom. This is a baseless public and media assumption, supported in theory by a tiny and marginalised group of lockdown-heretic professors".....

Read this in the Telegraph to day and I reckon this will be the case ...."The more astute will have noticed that the PM has been reluctant to confirm or deny that restrictions will end once the vulnerable are vaccinated. The bad news ministers don’t trust you enough to tell you is that inoculating at-risk groups by spring is not necessarily a ticket to freedom. This is a baseless public and media assumption, supported in theory by a tiny and marginalised group of lockdown-heretic professors".....
I think the government are right on that stance. It feels the end is close, so why not adapt a more cautious approach? Get the old and vulnerable vaccinated, start the programme of vaccinating the under 70s, working through the population and keep an eye on the figures.

Lower age groups are at risk of death or long covid, so it is still risky to go all out, but if we see the vaccination numbers going well and deaths & hospital admissions drop off, then we can relax more.

If the government made big promises now, they risk people relaxing early or disappointing the majority of the population. There has never been a virus like this in the modern world, there has never been a vaccination roll out like this and there is not even another country to look to. We are defining the model here, so we would be crazy to publish a timetable, of potential false promises.

They are saving that for Brexit ;)

I think the government are right on that stance. It feels the end is close, so why not adapt a more cautious approach? Get the old and vulnerable vaccinated, start the programme of vaccinating the under 70s, working through the population and keep an eye on the figures.

Lower age groups are at risk of death or long covid, so it is still risky to go all out, but if we see the vaccination numbers going well and deaths & hospital admissions drop off, then we can relax more.

If the government made big promises now, they risk people relaxing early or disappointing the majority of the population. There has never been a virus like this in the modern world, there has never been a vaccination roll out like this and there is not even another country to look to. We are defining the model here, so we would be crazy to publish a timetable, of potential false promises.

I thought the whole point of restrictions was to protect the NHS? If the vulnerable and elderly are vaccinated by spring and the numbers of hospitalisations and deaths are low then people will naturally start to relax. This may be the tipping point for the majority of people and if large numbers start to ignore the restrictions they’ll become redundant.

Although some have been cautious with dates, most commentators, scientists, media and politicians have stated that ‘some kind or normality’ will return by Easter/summer. Including Matt Hancock, through his tears and snotters. I think the change in mood recently has been due to the doubts over the supply of raw materials to make the vaccines and nothing to do with any doubt that the vaccine will get us out of this.

I can't remember the exact quote but at the press conference earlier this week I am sure Boris said something about back to normal by Easter.

I a

I can't remember the exact quote but at the press conference earlier this week I am sure Boris said something about back to normal by Easter.
I heard that and heard him say it was gonna be by October, and then Xmas earlier in year so I've stopped taking any notice of these predictions. Plus what does he mean normal?. I read one expert say it could be a normal again by summer. I'm at the point whereby governments, oppositions and the scientists havent really got a clue and just making it up week to week and throwing in a bit of false hope, silver bullets and all that stuff. When we get to easter and even if the vulnerable are mostly vaccinated the same scientists, NHS chiefs, oppositions, governments are still going to say its too early, too risky, to really have any normality as too many positive tests, not enough vulnerable vaccinated, new strains etc
Although some have been cautious with dates, most commentators, scientists, media and politicians have stated that ‘some kind or normality’ will return by Easter/summer. Including Matt Hancock, through his tears and snotters. I think the change in mood recently has been due to the doubts over the supply of raw materials to make the vaccines and nothing to do with any doubt that the vaccine will get us out of this.
I hope so

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back