Progress of vaccinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebolton

Winger
How long do you think it is going to take to get the vulnerable vaccinated so we can get back to normal.

My Dad (no) is 81 and has been called in for tomorrow as the care homes are all done in his area (Lincs) . So they must be flying through them in some areas.

My Dad (no) is 81 and has been called in for tomorrow as the care homes are all done in his area (Lincs) . So they must be flying through them in some areas.

That's really encouraging to hear. My understanding according to what Chris Whitty was saying the other day is that once the care homes and 80+ are done we should see a very significant fall in deaths. With the lag taken into account you'd hope that even if cases remain high, deaths will be significantly reduced by the middle of Jan.

Dont forget they need the top up in 3 weeks

It'll be at least the spring before were all in tier 1

That is disappointing. My area is down to 1 per 1000 people. I hoped once we got the over 80s done we can unlock a bit. Seeing as it is that group who struggle fighting the virus.

That is disappointing. My area is down to 1 per 1000 people. I hoped once we got the over 80s done we can unlock a bit. Seeing as it is that group who struggle fighting the virus.

If you're in a low area you might get tier 1 a bit earlier. The roll out will depend on how fast they can manufacture them

Dont forget they need the top up in 3 weeks

It'll be at least the spring before were all in tier 1
No chance of anything but tier 3 till end of March. If the vaccine stopped people passing it on then I'd have thought no excuse from March to be in tier 3 or 2 but if it only stops someone being ill, nee chance
The government should have a totaliser (like they used to have for the Blue Peter appeals) showing the amount done (well only counting after the 2nd injection is completed) so even now the first one completed wont be till end of December

Last edited by a moderator:
No chance of anything but tier 3 till end of March. If the vaccine stopped people passing it on then I'd have thought no excuse from March to be in tier 3 or 2 but if it only stops someone being ill, nee chance
The government should have a totaliser (like they used to have for the Blue Peter appeals) showing the amount done (well only counting after the 2nd injection is completed) so even now the first one completed wont be till end of December

Tier 3 until the end of March would be a disaster for business mind. I also think you will see a big Tory rebellion in Parliament

Tier 3 until the end of March would be a disaster for business mind. I also think you will see a big Tory rebellion in Parliament
Agree a total disaster but they cant suddenly change course in Jan or Feb. Just watch in about a week or twos time the cycle will start again, with calls for January lockdown to prevent hospitals being full in Feb, blaming Xmas celebrations, one more push, SAGE will be on overdrive calling for Feb half term circuit breaker to stop hospitals being full in March and so on.

Perhaps once the over 80s are done they could consider an unlock, but warn the Clinically vulnerable to not go to places like pubs football etc. Until they are vaccinated ?

Woah woah hang on a minute. Are you new to these parts? You can't go around saying stuff like that. You'll get cyber lynched. Tread lightly. The mob will be onto you.

Agree a total disaster but they cant suddenly change course in Jan or Feb. Just watch in about a week or twos time the cycle will start again, with calls for January lockdown to prevent hospitals being full in Feb, blaming Xmas celebrations, one more push, SAGE will be on overdrive calling for Feb half term circuit breaker to stop hospitals being full in March and so on.

FWIW mate, I fully expect tier 3 across the U.K. till mid Feb. After that though, I just don’t think the Govt will have the support for restrictions and the pressure will start from all sides.

I know people think I’m being optimistic about tier 1 across the U.K. from March, but I honestly believe there will be a push for normality from Easter onwards.

Absolutely this

Oxford is the game changer but I reckon indoor social distancing to this time next year.

Outdoor stuff will be as it was.

Oxford is a game changer, agreed. Will there be enough people to administer the vaccinations as quickly as possible? There's talks of stadiums, Nightingale sites etc being used so I assume this has been factored in?

FWIW mate, I fully expect tier 3 across the U.K. till mid Feb. After that though, I just don’t think the Govt will have the support for restrictions and the pressure will start from all sides.

I know people think I’m being optimistic about tier 1 across the U.K. from March, but I honestly believe there will be a push for normality from Easter onwards.
I wish I had your optimism, but no matter how many months down the line we get, no matter how many billions have been spent, no matter how many jobs will be lost politicians and SAGE will still still go for lockdowns, tiers, etc to deal with any rise. Once we get to April and come out of the respiratory season maybe then

Oxford is a game changer, agreed. Will there be enough people to administer the vaccinations as quickly as possible? There's talks of stadiums, Nightingale sites etc being used so I assume this has been factored in?

Of course there will be.

They will find as many people as they need at the expense of everything else.

They need to kill this off.

We won't go back to normal just because the most vulnerable will be vaccinated.

Most experts are saying between the Summer and Winter of next year as realistic targets.
No chance of anything but tier 3 till end of March. If the vaccine stopped people passing it on then I'd have thought no excuse from March to be in tier 3 or 2 but if it only stops someone being ill, nee chance.

Agreed.

Think people are underestimating the resource it'll take and are going to be disappointed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back