Private Helicopter landed

Colin McRae. Stevie Ray Vaughan. Mike Smith and Sarah Green had a lucky escape back in the day. Renton and Spud in Black Hawk Down. The list
I'm really not a fan of people just taking helicopters about the place. Fair enough if you're using a chinook or a sea king, but most of their usage is very avoidable.

Just get a plane. Planes defy gravity, but at least in a way that makes sense. Even 95% helicopter engineers don't understand why helicopters aren't ripping themselves apart, until they do. They're beautiful but they're insane.

See also; Leicester.
But Nigel Farage survived a plane crash. It’s an upside down world.

Been in one once (apart from tonight 😉) on our Honeymoon from Vegas to the Grand Canyon via Hoover Dam. Didn't feel totally at home at first but got used to it. We had a family of Germans in and the pilot stuck the Dambusters theme on which made me chuckle.
Did the exact same journey mate. I was alright going there, but for no sane or logical reason felt a bit spooked on the way back. Don’t trust them. The devils transport :lol:

Been in one once (apart from tonight 😉) on our Honeymoon from Vegas to the Grand Canyon via Hoover Dam. Didn't feel totally at home at first but got used to it. We had a family of Germans in and the pilot stuck the Dambusters theme on which made me chuckle.
We did similar. Flew into the canyon with the star wars music on. Shitting myself, but was class. Then flew low over the tops and scattered all the wildlife.

Different to flying fixed wing…qualified on both but I actually enjoy the agility of helos more.
In my head if a plane's engine goes there's usually another one to keep the plane going, and if they both go the wings can probably do some kind of landing (if they can't im happy for you not to point that out :lol:). But if a choppers engine goes its goodnight Vienna. Nah, id be a nervous wreck if I went up on one!

Did the exact same journey mate. I was alright going there, but for no sane or logical reason felt a bit spooked on the way back. Don’t trust them. The devils transport :lol:
Yeah at least in a plane you feel like you have some protection but those whirlybirds are light, we were 180 degrees over the Hoover Dam heading towards it from above and the pilot was saying great time to take a photo, we were hanging on for our lives, all hands white knuckles stuff 😄

I’ve never been in a helicopter, not sure if I trust them tbh
Flew in one to the top of Cecil Peak overlooking Queenstown a few weeks ago as wife and I were celebrating 50th wedding anniversary. Scared the life out of me sitting next to pilot looking down on a bloody large lake , felt like had nothing under my feet .

Was this you?;)

Whoa.

Love that they're just like "you're safe and sound now" HARD LOW-GROUND SWOOP
Different to flying fixed wing…qualified on both but I actually enjoy the agility of helos more.
Flying a copter is one of the best things I've done, part of me wishes I'd gone that route.

But by the same token... the entire time, they are constantly, 100% of the time, every second they're spinning, trying desperately to destroy themselves. That's the only sensible way to describe them, as a tool.

Last edited:

Back