press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you saying it is best for clubs not to have a style of play? Most of the top clubs have a style of play, rather than haphazard unpredictable style.

Exactly,and if they're good at it,it isn't easy to play against.

That wasn’t the point though. The OP said having a set style of play is easier to play against than our current setup.
Surely it’s a bit of both.

Having a philosophy or guiding principles that leave room for adaptation. One of the things managers are criticised most for is not changing things that aren’t working in a game...

I’d rather see us beating Man City than crumble against f***ing Peterborough and struggle to get a draw with Rotherham.

As I say though, the fact some of our fans are so desperate to be seen as “Uber” that accepts any shit served up in front of them is why the club won’t progress - why should it when you lap up the fact we’re playing in front of a 2/3 full stadium and you accept players who “try a bit” instead of demanding improvement.
Well obviously we'd all rather see us beating Man City but historically we were shite in the Prem and there's no fun turning up just to watch the opposition
Liverpool have got a style of play that doesn’t change and the opposition managers can’t seem to stop them.
They've got a lot of world class players too
Edit Sorry Seb

Last edited:
:lol: I've waited 62 years for a bit of success, and I was one of the lucky ones to have seen the 73 cup win, nobody can say SAFC fans are inpatient.

Same ones stoutly defending Ross are the same ones who stoutly defended Moyes until the end.

I’m not wholly in the “he must be sacked immediately” Camp, however the better arguments are certainly coming from there

Same ones stoutly defending Ross are the same ones who stoutly defended Moyes until the end.

I’m not wholly in the “he must be sacked immediately” Camp, however the better arguments are certainly coming from there
I have to admit to being one of the Moyes defenders for a long time. It was a case of wanting some stability in the club away from the manager merry go round that has destroyed us over the last 20 years.

It’s painful to admit how wrong I was, but I defend Ross from a similar place. The chopping and changing has to stop so we can build a club culture, I’m hoping he’ll come good.

I have to admit to being one of the Moyes defenders for a long time. It was a case of wanting some stability in the club away from the manager merry go round that has destroyed us over the last 20 years.

It’s painful to admit how wrong I was, but I defend Ross from a similar place. The chopping and changing has to stop so we can build a club culture, I’m hoping he’ll come good.

That’s fair enough, but we need to know we have the right man ahead of this stability

At the moment the main reasons for Ross is “I like him” and “I want some manager stability”. I echo those two points, however it’s not exactly a glowing reference for him

Let’s hope something does start to click. I’d still like Ross to make it here, but I’m not sure he’ll do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back