press conference

Hopefully. He needs to stop droning on about clean sheets and do something about our lack of creativity in attack for that to happen, though.

Would love to ask him why when our area K is streets ahead of most in the league and our defence is struggling does he constantly try to rely on the latter?

He would get way more leeway if we won most games by three goals and created loads, but got a battering once in a while, than he does for being practical and winning by a goal or two but rarely ever losing.

Last edited:
There are some on here who want him out regardless, there is some who want us to lose games so he will get sacked

No it’s not, there are some who want us to lose games so he will get sacked

He’s getting stick and people want him out because he’s had 70 odd games and we haven’t seen any progress in the style of play. He was talking in pre season about our focus on winning games with clean sheets & yet we haven’t looked close to keeping one all season. Tuesday nights game looked like they were regressing. Even when they played against Accrington they came out in the second half without any intention of killing the game off. If we can’t look good in league 1 then got to ask what are we actually doing? It’s just not enjoyable.

If we were top and winning everyone week nobody would want him out but there looks to be no chance of that happening.

Would love to ask him why when our area K is streets ahead of most in the league and our defence is struggling does he constantly try to rely on the latter?

He would get way more leeway if we won most games by three goals and created loads, but got a battering once in a while, than he does for being practical and winning by a goal or two but rarely ever losing.
This was exactly what he was sold as when he arrived. Determined to attack so would occasionally take a gubbing. Why things changed is beyond me.

This was exactly what he was sold as when he arrived. Determined to attack so would occasionally take a gubbing. Why things changed is beyond me.

Me too. Aside from Coventry (which was way after the shift anyway) we never took a battering in terms of goals conceded..... And even in that game the attack was our only redeeming feature.

Baffling and I think he is blowing his opportunity because of it.

My biggest concern is no clean sheets. I agree with him
The data says we’ve got the fifth best defence for chances conceded and the fifth worst attack. We should be looking a level deeper than just the goals scored imo. League one players have always got a mistake in them. It’s barmy to stymie the attack by trying to plug a leaky dam with your fingers. The more chances we create, the more we score and the less chance there is that pure blind luck comes into play. Keeping the game in the middle of the park in an effort to retain control (as Ross appears to like to do) just increases the skewing effect of fortune.

The data says we’ve got the fifth best defence for chances conceded and the fifth worst attack. We should be looking a level deeper than just the goals scored imo. League one players have always got a mistake in them. It’s barmy to stymie the attack by trying to plug a leaky dam with your fingers. The more chances we create, the more we score and the less chance there is that pure blind luck comes into play. Keeping the game in the middle of the park in an effort to retain control (as Ross appears to like to do) just increases the skewing effect of fortune.
1 shit goal conceded every game needs to stop. It halts our momentum. We have a lack of confidence when we get in front for example

1 shit goal conceded every game needs to stop. It halts our momentum. We have a lack of confidence when we get in front for example
Agreed, but probability suggests it will. Also, it’d be less of a problem if we’re regularly creating chances as we can just pull away again. The Wimbledon game is the one that sticks out. We gave away our dumb goal but, other than that, continued to create good chances and won comfortably. No nerves from the players and a very appreciative crowd. The more he talks about clean sheets and the more he plays with caution to achieve them, the more pressure is put on them. If he got us going up the other end - as I say it’s disgraceful us being the 5th worst creators and the 2nd worst shot takers - the clean sheets at the other end matter less and would probably arrive more readily.

I think our recruitment is the biggest problem. We were crying out for quicker stronger athletic players. And apart from Willis we haven't really improved on that.

Absolutely. Rotherham were bigger, stronger and quicker than us all over the park.

This seems to be the case most weeks in this league (and for several years it has to be said), and we have done nothing in our recruitment to rectify it. It’s so obvious and so bloody frustrating.

No, some people just don’t agree with your opinion
Do you think we are entertaining to watch?
Do you think we play good football?
Cant you see that we make exactly the same mistakes as last season and does that not worry you?
Ross said we have worked on keeping more clean sheets this season and havent kept many if any....so what exactly are we working on?

He’s getting stick and people want him out because he’s had 70 odd games and we haven’t seen any progress in the style of play. He was talking in pre season about our focus on winning games with clean sheets & yet we haven’t looked close to keeping one all season. Tuesday nights game looked like they were regressing. Even when they played against Accrington they came out in the second half without any intention of killing the game off. If we can’t look good in league 1 then got to ask what are we actually doing? It’s just not enjoyable.

If we were top and winning everyone week nobody would want him out but there looks to be no chance of that happening.
We are 3 pts off the top 2!! Compared to the last 10 years 1 defeat at home in 15mths is great

Or accept it's going to happen and go out and get 2, 3 or 4 goals. In time teams will start to worry about us and decide to sit back.
We are 3 pts off the top 2!! Compared to the last 10 years 1 defeat at home in 15mths is great

League one mate.

Full of shite

Theres been spells where wed get stuck into teams like chelsea, man city, liverpool and arsenal etc and win. Now we sit behind the ball and hang onto games against teams like rotherham

People who claim to enjoy that garbage are lying to themselves imo

Or accept it's going to happen and go out and get 2, 3 or 4 goals. In time teams will start to worry about us and decide to sit back.

League one mate.
This is it for me too. Our defence aren’t good enough to rely on so let’s get at teams with our attacking players who are our strongest asset. If we’re attacking the opposition don’t score. If we sit deeper and deeper and invite pressure we’ll crack

Back