Premier League: Susanna Dinnage named new chief executive

I'm still mystified by what the supposed positives and benefits are of having specifically appointed a woman instead of someone who is better. It doesn't make broadcasters pay more money for the TV rights so what exactly does a club get from the fact that the Premier League CEO is a woman? How are Huddersfield Town for example going to benefit from this mystical "good PR" that allegedly comes with the appointment? Why would they risk revenues for the sake of a day's worth of positive newspaper articles which are in any case written about the Premier League rather than Huddersfield Town?

There's no tangible benefit whatsoever, and there isn't even any obvious intangible benefit. Everyone complains that the PL and the clubs are motivated only by money and greed, but when something like this happens, suddenly the clubs have all unanimously decided to throw that out of the window in favour of pandering to "equal opportunities" or political correctness.

The new person has a hell of a job on their hands as well. The most recent TV deal for the upcoming cycle was actually less than the previous one. For the first time ever the revenues from rights have gone down, while club spending continues to increase. Meanwhile the whole rights landscape is changing, so overall it's not really the time to be picking a CEO who you don't think is the best candidate. I'm tempted to think Scudamore is getting out now for a reason.
I never knew that like. Always presumed they had just increased. Agree with the Scudamore evaluation.

I'm not - you're making a bit of a jump there. I just hate the smug bastards that do things like this.

I'm going to be really controversial here so hold on to your hat - you know when the BBC announce that a woman footballer has moved from Bolton to Crewe Alexandria? I reckon that only her mam and dad and maybe her 2 closest friends are interested.
Do things like what? Give a job to a woman?

You’re probably right on the second part.

Not at all. I’m not offering opinions on the appointment though. You are.

It's a message board, you're going to get a lot of opinions on here. I didn't realise that all you say if fact, I'll have to take more notice of what you say in future.
Do you want me to put "imo" after everything I say to make it clear it's just my opinion?

I'm still mystified by what the supposed positives and benefits are of having specifically appointed a woman instead of someone who is better. It doesn't make broadcasters pay more money for the TV rights so what exactly does a club get from the fact that the Premier League CEO is a woman? How are Huddersfield Town for example going to benefit from this mystical "good PR" that allegedly comes with the appointment? Why would they risk revenues for the sake of a day's worth of positive newspaper articles which are in any case written about the Premier League rather than Huddersfield Town?

There's no tangible benefit whatsoever, and there isn't even any obvious intangible benefit. Everyone complains that the PL and the clubs are motivated only by money and greed, but when something like this happens, suddenly the clubs have all unanimously decided to throw that out of the window in favour of pandering to "equal opportunities" or political correctness.

The new person has a hell of a job on their hands as well. The most recent TV deal for the upcoming cycle was actually less than the previous one. For the first time ever the revenues from rights have gone down, while club spending continues to increase. Meanwhile the whole rights landscape is changing, so overall it's not really the time to be picking a CEO who you don't think is the best candidate. I'm tempted to think Scudamore is getting out now for a reason.
When Fergie went David Gill followed.

Maybe the talk of the top 4 or 5 clubs departing to a super league might have hurried his retirement up...
Someone has to run that super league ynar.

It's a message board, you're going to get a lot of opinions on here. I didn't realise that all you say if fact, I'll have to take more notice of what you say in future.
Do you want me to put "imo" after everything I say to make it clear it's just my opinion?

:lol: I’m aware it is a message board I’m also aware people will have opinions. I haven’t actually offered an opinion or decreed anything that ought to be taken as fact. I simply pointed out that people will criticise you for expressing opinions which you have not provided evidence to support.

This all day, I thought similar with poppy's recently

I think this lass will be good for the premier League
good comparison

it's a bit like goading and hoping for a reaction so that you can feel morally superior if anyone says anything.

it's weird and it's growing

Back