Premier League Eyeing up Abolishing Points Deductions

You look at the NFL with its wage caps and its really competitive, none of the teams ever face financial difficulty and the leagues popularity is constantly growing..

And then you see this farce
Completely ageee

Teams that are really poor can reinvent and be very competitive in a couple of years, it’s a vastly superior model

It’s not. Every bit of advertising you have is Saudi related, you wear the Saudi shirt for away games, you go to Saudi for training camps and half of your fans wear tea towels on your heads in their honour. You sold your soul and morals for some transfers. You are scum.
I’m merely answering you about the owners’ intention where your viewpoint is just a tiny part.

For clarity, MA wants us to stay in the PL. The Saudis want us to win it.

Don’t quite get the relevance to your tirade on the supporters

I’m merely answering you about the owners’ intention where your viewpoint is just a tiny part.

As far as I’m aware, PIF have never spoken of their ambitions. The fraudster, con artist, mouthpiece Stavely has said that.

Why do they want Saudi to win it though?

Ahem. Brighton made post-tax profits of £122m last season, whilst paying back ~£35m of their debt to their owner. They also have £140m of incoming summer 2023 transfer fees that missed the end of last season, plus a season in Europe, meaning they are likely to make huge profits again in their 23/24 accounts.
The gulf within the PL is huge outside of TV rights and prize money. The match day & commercial income of West Ham (7th highest in 22/23) was £89m, compared to Chelsea (lowest of the “big 6” in 22/23) which was £246m and Man Utd (highest in 22/23) which was £439m.
Post tax profits of £122m? Did you mean £22m? Brighton's finances are not as good as some may think as I explained here as their underlying profit/loss pre player sales is still a negative. I also don't think it will be sustainable just like Southampton and Leicester ran out of high value players to sell and they'll revert to previous. Plus some clubs have to miss out on the higher positions again as explained in this post below.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/brighton.1617055/page-13#post-40436645

Also from here which shows it's player sales, along with the higher 6th placing giving them extra millions on revenue. They even made a £5m turnaround on interest.

Profit/(Loss) 2021/22​

Brighton swung from a £53m pre-tax loss to £24m profit, a significant £77m improvement, mainly due to profit from player sales shooting up from £7m to £62m, though revenue also rose £28m (20%) from £146m to a club record £174m.

This was partially offset by other operating income falling £7m to £1m, while operating expenses slightly increased by £5m (2%). Net interest flipped from £3m payable to £2m receivable.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Post tax profits of £122m? Did you mean £22m? Brighton's finances are not as good as some may think as I explained here as their underlying profit/loss pre player sales is still a negative. I also don't think it will be sustainable just like Southampton and Leicester ran out of high value players to sell and they'll revert to previous. Plus some clubs have to miss out on the higher positions again as explained in this post below.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/brighton.1617055/page-13#post-40436645

Also from here which shows it's player sales, along with the higher 6th placing giving them extra millions on revenue. They even made a £5m turnaround on interest.

Profit/(Loss) 2021/22​

Brighton swung from a £53m pre-tax loss to £24m profit, a significant £77m improvement, mainly due to profit from player sales shooting up from £7m to £62m, though revenue also rose £28m (20%) from £146m to a club record £174m.

This was partially offset by other operating income falling £7m to £1m, while operating expenses slightly increased by £5m (2%). Net interest flipped from £3m payable to £2m receivable.

Logon or register to see this image
Nope, not £22m - they made post tax profits of £122m for last season. Highest ever by a PL club in a single season. They also have £140m of net player transfers from the summer to add into this seasons accounts. They made a £15m loss prior to player sales last season - that’s one reserve team player these days. They were also able to pay another £35m of the net debt to their owner.

It's shit there's no promotion or relegation.
So what, at least for every team there is a chance they could be champions

If you try and predict the best 4 teams in NFL in 5 years time it would be best to impossible, whereas in premier league we already know it will include Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool. 4th most likely Man U

So what, at least for every team there is a chance they could be champions

If you try and predict the best 4 teams in NFL in 5 years time it would be best to impossible, whereas in premier league we already know it will include Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool. 4th most likely Man U
Which 32 teams would you have in?
If we're in how would you react if the owner took the franchise to Plymouth?

The current PSR/FFP rules are not right but unlimited spending isn’t the answer.

Every solution mentioned in this thread leads to a situation where either the ‘top 6’ will never be challenged or where the club with the richest owner will win.

Surely most fans agree that both situations aren’t great?

Just get the European league done and move on.

It looks like we’ll have 5 teams in the ‘Champions’ league next season and of course the other teams in the ropey league and conference rubbish.

So 1/4 of the league in the CL and approaching 1/2 the league in Europe. And they’ve expanded the number of group games in the CL to 9.

How long before the PL is dropped to 18 teams, alongside all the other changes already made such as cup replays being scrapped?

Back