Premier League Eyeing up Abolishing Points Deductions

If getting into the PL is the be all and end all then the new football regulator should aim to end the artificial financial gap between the 20th and 21st professional team in the country and end the arguments about parachute payments by forcing the PL to absorb the 72 other clubs and include them in the collective bargaining deal. Too many clubs for a league season obviously so they could arrange them in 4 divisions and have some of the lower division games on MOTD too. Imagine that eh?

It annoys me that Everton fans and co are blaming the PL for this

They are the PL, they voted for the rules and the punishments, the leaue are just enforcing the rules they implemented
not ALL "Everton fans" Marra! Call me old fashioned, but I have always believed that rules and regulations are there for a reason, and in this case it's the integrity of the competition.
Everton were clearly in breach of these regulations. The punishment/sanction of points deductions was entirely merited (in my humble opinion)
Now, I'm more than a WEE bit peeved that there are instances of the rules being breached by other clubs without sanctions being applied...... but that's something for the EPL to sort out.
My club broke the rules, my club have been punished (and face further punishment) I have exactly NO issue with that! "do the crime: do the time"
I love my club to distraction! Will defend them against anyone...... EXCEPT when they are clearly in the wrong (as in this FFP case)
For opposition supporters to scream out for us to be "punished ad-infinitum" betrays their bias and small mindedness
Christ, no the wonder I'm getting sick of the whole thing
YOU'RE "sick of the whole thing"??? 🥴
Mate, walk a yard in MY sodding shoes!!
Something to do with knackers like you bumping it?
GOLD!! 🤣🤣 jeezus I LOVE this forum folks!!

Last edited:
How the PIF is funded is not the same as who is the legal owner of NUFC is it?

Nobby - you are showing yourself to be a fool here.

PIF have morphed into a Government department of the Saudi government. They are managing the finishing of the metro and have worked on the finishing the Finance City. The legal owner of your club is PIF who at any one time could transfer ownership to the Saudi state. Why idiots like you pretend otherwise is frankly bizarre.

States should not own clubs. End of.

Everton & there supporters have really pissed me off over the last few years….I really hope they go down thou I think it will be next year
now then mate, calm down, think about getting behind YOUR club! don't waste precious energy that could be utilised in SUPPORT for YOUR club on hatred for another one and its millions of supporters like me worldwide
Nobby - you are showing yourself to be a fool here.

PIF have morphed into a Government department of the Saudi government. They are managing the finishing of the metro and have worked on the finishing the Finance City. The legal owner of your club is PIF who at any one time could transfer ownership to the Saudi state. Why idiots like you pretend otherwise is frankly bizarre.

States should not own clubs. End of.
AMEN! great points, well made Marra! kudos! 👏👏👏👏
Two of the big six are only up there thanks to an initial surge of owner money (Man City and Chelsea). Spurs were never really truly a big 6 in economic terms, until more recent times. The crux is shoving money in to keep getting into Europe. Do that and you can ease off own money and use European money and new money from brand establishment around the world due to continued European presence. Much better if you can win some European trophies too.

In the early days Blackburn spunked the cash and won the league. Newcastle spunked cash and got some title challengers and European seasons out of it. Leeds spunked the cash and got European seasons. Spunked more assuming they'd made it and the wheels completely fell off when it turned out they hadn't.

The expansion of European competitions really started to close things up here. Since the Premier League (and after we were allowed to play in Europe again) the Champions League has been won 7 times by an English team. 5 of those times it was won by a team who hadn't won the Premier League the season before. And we've also had 9 losing finalists. 8 of those finalists weren't there as Premier League winners. So in total 16 Premier League teams have made it to the Champions League final. 3 got there as league winners.

Everton would be up there if all their 6th and 7th place finished years ago merited European football. But lower teams beat them by either winning a cup or getting to the final. They usually needed to finish at least in 5th to get European football. Now because they couldn't always qualify for Europe, they fell down a bit just as more European places opened up. And now struggle.
a reasoned and balanced statement there! kudos to ya! 👏👏👏
I can see Everton in L1 in years to come with a new stadium playing MK Dons….just have that feeling
don't hold your breath karnak!!! 🤣💙

Last edited:
You look at the NFL with its wage caps and its really competitive, none of the teams ever face financial difficulty and the leagues popularity is constantly growing..

And then you see this farce
Who does the NFL competes with?
It's great news for Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd, I'm not sure about the motives for the owners of the Mags. I still think they just wanted a PL club to get as many eyes as possibly on the Saudi branded advertisements.
Nope, that was Mike Ashley

Last edited:
there isnt any premier league club ran sustainably, unless you include being dependent on their owners
Ahem. Brighton made post-tax profits of £122m last season, whilst paying back ~£35m of their debt to their owner. They also have £140m of incoming summer 2023 transfer fees that missed the end of last season, plus a season in Europe, meaning they are likely to make huge profits again in their 23/24 accounts.
The gulf within the PL is huge outside of TV rights and prize money. The match day & commercial income of West Ham (7th highest in 22/23) was £89m, compared to Chelsea (lowest of the “big 6” in 22/23) which was £246m and Man Utd (highest in 22/23) which was £439m.

Last edited:
Ahem. Brighton made post-tax profits of £122m last season, whilst paying back ~£35m of their debt to their owner. They also have £140m of incoming summer 2023 transfer fees that missed the end of last season, plus a season in Europe, meaning they are likely to make huge profits again in their 23/24 accounts.
The gulf within the PL is huge outside of TV rights and prize money. The match day & commercial income of West Ham (7th highest in 22/23) was £89m, compared to Chelsea (lowest of the “big 6” in 22/23) which was £246m and Man Utd (highest in 22/23) which was £439m.
Ahem, they only owe their owner 475 million now, very sustainable

Back