Preloading

Couldn’t manage that. Too full of beer. Used to do it occasionally when we were young but I never enjoyed it.

But this is several different groups of people whose only connection is being from the north east. Male or female, highly paid executives or factory workers. We meet up and go for a pub crawl. It’s never been discussed to do anything else. Sometimes I meet a new group and worry they might be foodie types but thankfully they’ve never been as yet.

Yeah I’m joking of course. I appreciate some people do meet up for food. I just find it extremely weird behaviour because, as I said, it’s never been on our radar.
So these “highly paid executives” never fancy a meal rather than going on a pub crawl around the town all night Dave?

Is this something you do? I know the kids seem to have taken it to extremes now and stay in the house drinking all night before going out for a couple of hours, but I’m taking about doing it before going out for your regular session.

If I’m going out for a couple of pints (eg to watch the match on a midweek night) then no as there’s no point. But if I’m going out for a session then there’s no way I’m going in “cold” so to speak, otherwise you’re wasting the time it takes to get into the groove. Much better to hit the ground running.
Nah.

I like a few warm up drinks followed by meeting up for a an absolutely massive full English in a pub then day drinking and home or hotel fast asleep by 10. Perfect drinking sesh that is.

Someone should set up a poll.

Would you rather:

A) Go out for a meal with Herbal

Or

B) Go out for a pub crawl with Herbal

I’d vote B.
I'd go for a meal so I could watch and mercilessly mock as Dave uses the wrong fork for his starter, gets the side plate positioning wrong and asks for tomato sauce.

Back