Preloading

I’m trying hard and i’m not trying to be edgy.

Sorry to hear you’re a nervous wreck who needs to be drunk to go outside.
Not needs to be, chooses to be.
Don’t mind drinking in the house if we’re stopping in, but if we’re going out I’ll wait until we’re actually out.

If we’re meeting people in a restaurant we might stop off at a pub beforehand for a thirst-quencher before meeting others and moving onto wine. But I wouldn’t have one in the house if we weren’t going to stop off at the pub.
A restaurant 😂😂😂

Last edited:

A drunk who finds people eating at a restaurant laughable.

:lol:
No, I mean the idea of meeting friends in a restaurant. I have several social groups and none of them meet up for social meals, except he footy lads once a year. It’s a pub crawl or nothing. If you suggested a meal instead you’d be derided.
You’ve surely heard of them before.
Surely “meals” are for couples or lads going for some bantz and a cheeky Nando’s? People grown ups don’t meet up for meals.

Last edited:
No, I mean the idea of meeting friends in a restaurant. I have several social groups and none of them meet up for social meals, except he footy lads once a year. It’s a pub crawl or nothing. If you suggested a meal instead you’d be derided.

Surely “meals” are for couples or lads going for some bantz and a cheeky Nando’s? People grown ups don’t meet up for meals.
Meet up maybe not but often go for a curry later in the night.

Yes I know that, which speaks volumes of you and the company you keep.

Grown ups do go or meet up for meals like.

Meet up maybe not but often go for a curry later in the night.
Couldn’t manage that. Too full of beer. Used to do it occasionally when we were young but I never enjoyed it.
Yes I know that, which speaks volumes of you and the company you keep.
But this is several different groups of people whose only connection is being from the north east. Male or female, highly paid executives or factory workers. We meet up and go for a pub crawl. It’s never been discussed to do anything else. Sometimes I meet a new group and worry they might be foodie types but thankfully they’ve never been as yet.
Grown ups do go or meet up for meals like.
Yeah I’m joking of course. I appreciate some people do meet up for food. I just find it extremely weird behaviour because, as I said, it’s never been on our radar.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I think you’re self aware enough to realise that you don’t represent the norm aren’t you? You’re a bit of an outlier.

The ubiquity of restaurants suggest they are pretty popular.

I like drinking nice stuff in the house. I like going to the pub. And I like a good meal in a restaurant.

I particularly like being able to pick and choose which to enjoy as and when the mood takes.

Personally, the Groundhog Day approach to life would do my head in. But each to their own.

Depends, if you’re meeting at someone’s house to share a taxi somewhere it would just feel natural to open a beer whilst waiting for others wouldn’t it?

He's on about necking cheap wine from the shop so he doesn't have to go on a night out and spend money or turn up not hammered because he needs to be pissed to see his friends.

Yeah, but I think you’re self aware enough to realise that you don’t represent the norm aren’t you? You’re a bit of an outlier.

The ubiquity of restaurants suggest they are pretty popular.

I like drinking nice stuff in the house. I like going to the pub. And I like a good meal in a restaurant.

I particularly like being able to pick and choose which to enjoy as and when the mood takes.

Personally, the Groundhog Day approach to life would do my head in. But each to their own.
Well that’s why it’s interesting to note it’s not me driving the pub crawl choice. It’s automatically the default:
Friday lads from school plus wives
Saturday lads from school plus wives
Footy lads
Special occasion lads plus wives
Festival lads and lasses

None if these groups ever suggest a meal instead of a pub crawl. Yeah I know, the odds would suggest that occasionally they would, but nope.

I’m fully aware that some groups go out in couples for a nice meal,I’m just saying mine don’t.

Well that’s why it’s interesting to note it’s not me driving the pub crawl choice. It’s automatically the default:
Friday lads from school plus wives
Saturday lads from school plus wives
Footy lads
Special occasion lads plus wives
Festival lads and lasses

None if these groups ever suggest a meal instead of a pub crawl. Yeah I know, the odds would suggest that occasionally they would, but nope.

I’m fully aware that some groups go out in couples for a nice meal,I’m just saying mine don’t.

Yeah you're definitely on the spectrum like.

Back