Preloading

Dave Herbal

Striker
Is this something you do? I know the kids seem to have taken it to extremes now and stay in the house drinking all night before going out for a couple of hours, but I’m taking about doing it before going out for your regular session.

If I’m going out for a couple of pints (eg to watch the match on a midweek night) then no as there’s no point. But if I’m going out for a session then there’s no way I’m going in “cold” so to speak, otherwise you’re wasting the time it takes to get into the groove. Much better to hit the ground running.

I might have a couple bottles while getting ready etc but happy enough to start the night cold. I’ve done my share of heavy sessions though 16-26, I cant be arsed these days. I peaked too early.

Preloaded or pre half pissed😂
Couple of shorts or some wine. Not pissed
The thought has never crossed my mind in 45 years of turning out
How odd.
I might have a couple bottles while getting ready etc but happy enough to start the night cold. I’ve done my share of heavy sessions though 16-26, I cant be arsed these days. I peaked too early.
Why did you stop at 26?

Some nights when we were younger we couldn't really afford to out round the town all night. Not Friday and Saturday anyway. So we'd have cans in the house then just go straight to Ku. So nothing new.

These days I wouldn't call it pre loading. Just like a drink in the house while waiting to go out so will often have one or two.

Couple of shorts or some wine. Not pissed

How odd.

Why did you stop at 26?
That’s when I realised I was a wreck from drink and drugs. I was never really one for a sociable couple pints - I was up and down the country going to all night raves. I’m glad I came to that realisation, because most the people I was knocking around with then are either total bums now or dead and I was heading the same way.

Only time I ever really used to so stuff like that was when I was a kid and heading off to the Mayfair.
We used to buy a half bottle of spirits and have a few swigs each on the upper deck of what is now the fab 56

Is this something you do? I know the kids seem to have taken it to extremes now and stay in the house drinking all night before going out for a couple of hours, but I’m taking about doing it before going out for your regular session.

If I’m going out for a couple of pints (eg to watch the match on a midweek night) then no as there’s no point. But if I’m going out for a session then there’s no way I’m going in “cold” so to speak, otherwise you’re wasting the time it takes to get into the groove. Much better to hit the ground running.
for alkies and tightarses

Back