Upper strength
Lower strength
Off
Upper hypertrophy
Lower hypertrophy
Off
Off

It's my go-to for all-round progress.

When it comes to July though, I'm going to jump on to something that is just purely centered around the goal of increasing my lifts.

Still undecided as to what routine/training style I'll adopt though.

looks like PHAT, great way to train, get the best of both worlds (strong as an ox but look good too)

im going all out olympic lifting now with CrossFit being my main training. Im only light but theres no better feeling than deadlifting over twice your bodyweight !

looks like PHAT, great way to train, get the best of both worlds (strong as an ox but look good too)

im going all out olympic lifting now with CrossFit being my main training. Im only light but theres no better feeling than deadlifting over twice your bodyweight !

definitely and that's what's great about it, its all relative to your own weight, it should be more popular than it is but people just see a big weight and think its impossible or they'll get hurt, when in reality playing football has caused every injury I've ever had :lol:

Yeah, it's non-linear periodization.

Layne Norton seems to have really made it popular recently, I know he released a template on simplyshredded before. My training is different from his template, but still a power/hypertrophy routine utilising non-linear periodization.

People are scared of getting stronger and wonder why they don't get any bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kx1Ev8RwYM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

:lol::lol::lol:

Fuck it, found myself getting incredibly bored of the 'hypertrophy' work in my split, so doing my full blown powerlifting training fom next week; just got my bands ordered. Starting 3 months ahead of schedule will only mean I'm stronger come my competitions next year.

Plus, I think the difference in potential size gain between what I'll be doing and the routine I'm already doing is pretty minimal.

Fuck it, found myself getting incredibly bored of the 'hypertrophy' work in my split, so doing my full blown powerlifting training fom next week; just got my bands ordered. Starting 3 months ahead of schedule will only mean I'm stronger come my competitions next year.

Plus, I think the difference in potential size gain between what I'll be doing and the routine I'm already doing is pretty minimal.

what you gonna be doing?

Just do your assistance work as hypertrophy mate.

what you gonna be doing?

Conjugate periodization. All things (max strength, speed, hypertrophy, GPP) are all done concurently. So will be something like this:

Monday - Max effort bench day
Tuesday - Dynamic effort squat/deadlift day
Wednesday - GPP
Thursday - Dynamic effort bench day
Friday - Max effort squat/deadlift day
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Off

Just do your assistance work as hypertrophy mate.

I am mate, I just meant that I'm getting bored of going in to the gym and doing a full 'hypertrophy' session.

Conjugate periodization. All things (max strength, speed, hypertrophy, GPP) are all done concurently. So will be something like this:

Monday - Max effort bench day
Tuesday - Dynamic effort squat/deadlift day
Wednesday - GPP
Thursday - Dynamic effort bench day
Friday - Max effort squat/deadlift day
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Off

I am mate, I just meant that I'm getting bored of going in to the gym and doing a full 'hypertrophy' session.

I find doing hypertrophy training boring now, i went to a "roid head" gym yesterday and just did olympic lifts with with crossfit variations, Thrusters etc i was getting some right looks from the locals. I found it funny watching them in their tight vests with pot bellies and massive shoulders and arms doing dumbell curls for an hour !
fair play to one lad who asked me to spot him on a bench, he said those thrusters looked brutal. we got chatting and he turned out to be a good lad.

May aswell just use this thread mate. I've suggested a few times that the mods should give us a sub-section for logs, but it's not going to happen. Plus, I think the people on the board doing more strength/powerlifting specific training will be minimal so it would probably be better to just keep it all in here.

Looking forward to monday for my max effort (ME) bench day.

Just use this mate. There's only 4 of us post on here anyway. :)

ok atm 110 is my training max on the bench and until my back gets better I'm just ticking over, I always find squats bench and Deadlift assist each other and getting stronger means doing all 3 I might run smolov Jr until then see how that works out

ok atm 110 is my training max on the bench and until my back gets better I'm just ticking over, I always find squats bench and Deadlift assist each other and getting stronger means doing all 3 I might run smolov Jr until then see how that works out

I would go with Wendler's 5/3/1 mate simply because he encourages you to start lower than what you think are your 1 RM on the lifts. There are many templates for incorporating your assistance work or hypertrophy work depending on your goals and or needs.

The thing about programmes like Smolov, Smolov Jr etc, they're generally used when trying to peak for an event. So like a month out from a meet somebody may run Sheiko or something, but after the event go back to another programme not geared towards peaking like 5/3/1 etc

Sounds more like tissue damage than anything else. I you have scar tissue you'll need physio to break it down and repair the muscle surrounding area.

Shouldn't stop you doing compound lifts though mate.

Back