Portugal Pre-Season fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

What could go wrong?

Oh yeah last big European aide we played in a friendly at home beat us 5-0.

Plenty will argue they aren’t a big European side either, so good knows how much a real big European side would put past us.

I'd be very surprised if the team I got told comes off like they are bigger than c*eltic.but impressive if it happens.although aye can't see us getting anywhere near them on pitch

Just gonna risk it and buy owa there fuck it. Worked in the past.

I bought 2 tickets for both games but unsure if my mate is going so probably have a spare ticket for both games if you go over without one

Managed to book up Wednesday to Monday from Manchester and an apartment to myself over the road from the ground
Hiring a road bike for 3 days whilst there aswell

I’m planning on booking flights and accommodation tomorrow. I’ve managed to persuade the wife into making it our family summer holiday!
Does anyone know of any decent (well priced) apartments/villas over there?

I bought 2 tickets for both games but unsure if my mate is going so probably have a spare ticket for both games if you go over without one

Managed to book up Wednesday to Monday from Manchester and an apartment to myself over the road from the ground
Hiring a road bike for 3 days whilst there aswell

If it's got a spare room I'm looking for digs for me'sel if you want to let it out to me? I'm there Wednesday-Sunday, can also buy the match tickets from you?

I’m planning on booking flights and accommodation tomorrow. I’ve managed to persuade the wife into making it our family summer holiday!
We’re staying in a cesspit just off the strip. £70 for 3 nights

We stayed in the Vilanova on the strip twice about 15 years ago. It was decent enough. No idea of availability like.

Enjoy savings on tickets and travel

Club are now offering flights and match tickets (no accommodation) for £170. So effectively £150 for the return flights. Anyone humming and haring about going this represents a decent deal at short notice

"Departing on 18 July from Newcastle and returning on 21 July from Faro, fans can secure their return flights and match tickets for both friendlies at the reduced price of just £170.

To secure your place on an unforgettable trip, simply contact the commercial team by calling 0191 551 5364 or by emailing [email protected].

FLIGHT INFORMATION

OUTBOUND: Thursday 18 July
DEPARTURE: 7.05am
ARRIVAL: 10.25am

RETURN: Sunday 21 July
DEPARTURE: 10.50am
ARRIVAL: 14.10am"

Just got back - stopped at the Brisa Sol opposite McDonalds which will be too quiet for most on here - it was for me, Last time there stopped at the Ourabay which is next to the worm roundabout near the strip - canny apartments, A few years ago we got an apartment above the harbour - not quite a tourist place but only a few minutes walk into the Old Town and made it quite cheap.,

and for somewhere cheap to drink in the old town try the three small bars in the back street round the corner from the taxi rank, Paulos, Geordie Viking and the Irish bar

Last edited:
Just got back - stopped at the Brisa Sol opposite McDonalds which will be too quiet for most on here - it was for me, Last time there stopped at the Ourabay which is next to the worm roundabout near the strip - canny apartments, A few years ago we got an apartment above the harbour - not quite a tourist place but only a few minutes walk into the Old Town and made it quite cheap.,

and for somewhere cheap to drink in the old town try the three small bars in the back street round the corner from the taxi rank, Paulos, Geordie Viking and the Irish bar

My digs are right next to there, cheap as chips. Will do to get my head down and near enough to the beach to crash out the next day.

Booking.com cancelled my original booking stating the place was closed for renovations,still taking bookings.offered me alternative with 25% discount ,didn't take up the offer as I got the same apartment far less than what they were offering with discount with late rooms.

Set off on Sunday for it!!

Aiming to go through Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, France, Spain and down through Portugal. Arriving in my hostel in Albuferia for the 18th-21st :cool:

If anyone fancies meeting for a beer when we’re over there let me know, travelling on my own so would appreciate human company :lol:

Aiming to go through Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, France, Spain and down through Portugal. Arriving in my hostel in Albuferia for the 18th-21st :cool:

If anyone fancies meeting for a beer when we’re over there let me know, travelling on my own so would appreciate human company :lol:

You're more than welcome to have a drink with us.

Last edited:

I'm out 17th to 22nd

Enjoy savings on tickets and travel

Club are now offering flights and match tickets (no accommodation) for £170. So effectively £150 for the return flights. Anyone humming and haring about going this represents a decent deal at short notice

"Departing on 18 July from Newcastle and returning on 21 July from Faro, fans can secure their return flights and match tickets for both friendlies at the reduced price of just £170.

To secure your place on an unforgettable trip, simply contact the commercial team by calling 0191 551 5364 or by emailing [email protected].

FLIGHT INFORMATION

OUTBOUND: Thursday 18 July
DEPARTURE: 7.05am
ARRIVAL: 10.25am

RETURN: Sunday 21 July
DEPARTURE: 10.50am
ARRIVAL: 14.10am"

priced up flights and found some 17th-21st for under 170

Ponteland to Faro Return

You're never too old for Interail ;). Or are you driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back