Portugal Pre-Season fixtures

Just got back - stopped at the Brisa Sol opposite McDonalds which will be too quiet for most on here - it was for me, Last time there stopped at the Ourabay which is next to the worm roundabout near the strip - canny apartments, A few years ago we got an apartment above the harbour - not quite a tourist place but only a few minutes walk into the Old Town and made it quite cheap.,

and for somewhere cheap to drink in the old town try the three small bars in the back street round the corner from the taxi rank, Paulos, Geordie Viking and the Irish bar

I know that hotel well. Has a canny little café under it. Do a nice pastel de nata. Used to have the dog and duck pub next to it. Funny enough I am stopping there next April for a week for a joint 60th birthday bash (not mine:cool:).

How you keeping by the way?

I know that hotel well. Has a canny little café under it. Do a nice pastel de nata. Used to have the dog and duck pub next to it. Funny enough I am stopping there next April for a week for a joint 60th birthday bash (not mine:cool:).

How you keeping by the way?

I'm fine after 10 days sitting round a pool - the café pastry shop is still there but the pubs gone supermarket on one side and another hotel on the other

Anyone know if we’ll be able to watch the lads train at any point? Not normally something I’d care about, but would be nice to see since I’m there?

What’s it been like in previous years? I know that supporters have been able to have a drink with the players on tours in the US and South Korea (?) assuming this will no longer be the case unless you’ve bought the club package.

Anyone know if we’ll be able to watch the lads train at any point? Not normally something I’d care about, but would be nice to see since I’m there?

What’s it been like in previous years? I know that supporters have been able to have a drink with the players on tours in the US and South Korea (?) assuming this will no longer be the case unless you’ve bought the club package.
As you say, it is unlikely they are going to allow run of the mill fans player access for nowt when they are charging the VIPs a small fortune for just that.

As you say, it is unlikely they are going to allow run of the mill fans player access for nowt when they are charging the VIPs a small fortune for just that.

Was it the case at previous pre-seasons though? Like last time we went to Portugal did fans get to interact with the players.

I do want to clarify I’m not that bothered either way, I’m not some creepy stalker of league one players :lol: but since I’m there anyway I’d hate to miss the opportunity to speak to Ross for example

Was it the case at previous pre-seasons though? Like last time we went to Portugal did fans get to interact with the players.

I do want to clarify I’m not that bothered either way, I’m not some creepy stalker of league one players :lol: but since I’m there anyway I’d hate to miss the opportunity to speak to Ross for example

Last time all the players went out down the strip after it was mad. Steven fletcher on the bar giving it ten nout, o'shea and cattermole getting the shots in having a dance off. Was a class night to be fair. Ne one knew who Giaccherini was so was getting him to take the photos with other players he looked gutted :lol:

Last time all the players went out down the strip after it was mad. Steven fletcher on the bar giving it ten nout, o'shea and cattermole getting the shots in having a dance off. Was a class night to be fair. Ne one knew who Giaccherini was so was getting him to take the photos with other players he looked gutted :lol:

:lol: I’d love that again!

Vilanova top of the strip for me. Who's on the easyjet going out around 5ish Wedensday?

Last edited:

Back