Portugal Pre-Season fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

( I can spell Fulwell my Yorkshire mate got me on the forum as it wouldn't accept my e mail, yes that old pidgeon again) Have the club confirmed which Belenenses we are playing? Since the start of last season due to a split there two Belenenses, Belenenses SAD play in the premier League and finished mid table , CF os Belenenses played last season for the first time and were in Lisbon district football, level 6 in Portugal, probably a similar level to South Shields.
CF mate.

I've been to watch Benfica B before sadly. They have about 100 away fans for league games

Well at least there won't be (m)any home fans attending, so more tickets for us.

Belenenses mustered the huge crowd of 298 for one of their home games last season. They don't even play in Belem any more, since the split.
Os Belenenses - Moreirense FC 0:1 (Primeira Liga 2018/2019, 20. Round)

Mind you, Benfica B's last game of the season, albeit away, was watched by the grand figure of 146.

Belem is one of my favourite districts of Lisbon. I don't fully understand the " SAD" situation in Portuguese football. Portuguese football doesn't have season tickets, they have socios or members who pay a monthly quota, this entitles them to reduced admission. Every two years the socios vote for a President and the rest of the board, so basically they are run by fans. But a few thousand socios paying a handful of euros is not enough money for the big clubs so investors come in and form a SAD, you end up with two boards, the SAD handle players wages transfers etc and the club board the stadium , fans etc. I think the Belenenses SAD had an agreement to use the Restello stadium and when the agreement ended there was a big fall out. It's a bit like MK Dons, Belenenses SAD are the MK Dons they moved to the national stadium , Jamor, and have played in the premier League in front of a handful of spectators all season. CF os Belenenses reformed in the bottom level of Lisbon football staying in the Restello and the fans supported them getting 5,000 for some games unheard of that level. Only 7 teams in the Premier league average more than 5,000. CF os Belenenses won their Lisbon league, two more promotions will see them in the 3rd division.

Last edited:
Haven't enjoyed a pre-season game since Denmark in about erm 99?? Good holidays and days out but the games are nearly always depressing and zero guide to the season ahead..

Plane tickets are still super cheap at the moment tbf. I reckon loads could do the weekend tbf.

Aye mate. Only taking 2 days off work. Three nights in Portugal with a footy match in - can't complain. Flights looking very reasonable.

Only issue is that we may have to fly from a different airport - looking like Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back