Pool

Fred

Winger
Anyone on here play in any leagues or get out and play it every so often?

I play for a team in the Stanley league but my guess is that there are a few people on here who either play somewhere in the region.

Also I want to go to a few different places as the only places I really go to play at the minute are either in Stanley, Birtley or Kitts in Durham.

Years ago played in a Tuesday and Thursday night league in east Durham. Don't think either of the leagues are going now
East Durham? Is that like Fram and Sacriston and teams from that area or Rainton area?

I know there is a Thursday league going in Durham now and I used to be in a Thursday night club league but that had teams from all over involved, not just around Durham itself.

East Durham? Is that like Fram and Sacriston and teams from that area or Rainton area?

I know there is a Thursday league going in Durham now and I used to be in a Thursday night club league but that had teams from all over involved, not just around Durham itself.

Nah marra, it was Horden, easington, Peterlee and Blackhall. Unreal standard too from memory

Anyone on here play in any leagues or get out and play it every so often?

I play for a team in the Stanley league but my guess is that there are a few people on here who either play somewhere in the region.

Also I want to go to a few different places as the only places I really go to play at the minute are either in Stanley, Birtley or Kitts in Durham.
Not sure what you mean?
If you're looking for a change of scenery Sky Lounge in Washington is Pool centric, hosts some big games, canny few on Youtube.

Not sure what you mean?
If you're looking for a change of scenery Sky Lounge in Washington is Pool centric, hosts some big games, canny few on Youtube.
Been down there a couple of times and played a money game there in the past as well. Haven't been there in about 4-5 years now though. Might try it out again.
Couple of mates of mine are decent and have played for a few k in the pubs and comps
Yeah I've got a money game for £1.2k in a few weeks time at Kitts, but it's the most money I've played for. What are your mates called like? I might well know them by name or properly.

Last edited:
Been down there a couple of times and played a money game there in the past as well. Haven't been there in about 4-5 years now though. Might try it out again.

Yeah I've got a money game for £1.2k in a few weeks time at Kitts, but it's the most money I've played for. What are your mates called like? I might well know them by name or properly.
Send me a message mate

Im shite nowadays, used to be canny when I played regular and living in a pub as a kid with unlimited access to a proper pool table was a big help 🤣.

I take the bairn to bishop snooker club on a Saturday lunchtime now and again. They seem to have a few comps on in there what start around noon on a weekend. Looks a decent standard and from the mix of those that enter, blokes from all walks of life. Bit fruity language which the bairn always shoots me a look and a grin when he hears but they seem decent enough blokes, canny crack .

They've got a Facebook page which shows all that sort of stuff if it's of interest.

Team I played for in crook went undefeated for 3 year. Ultimate dominance, won all the knock outs as well.

I was just one of the more "solid" players with the "he who makes the least mistakes at this level wins" attitude 🤣

Last edited:
Im shite nowadays, used to be canny when I played regular and living in a pub as a kid with unlimited access to a proper pool table was a big help 🤣.

I take the bairn to bishop snooker club on a Saturday lunchtime now and again. They seem to have a few comps on in there what start around noon on a weekend. Looks a decent standard and from the mix of those that enter, blokes from all walks of life. Bit fruity language which the bairn always shoots me a look and a grin when he hears but they seem decent enough blokes, canny crack .

They've got a Facebook page which shows all that sort of stuff if it's of interest.

Team I played for in crook went undefeated for 3 year. Ultimate dominance, won all the knock outs as well.

I was just one of the more "solid" players with the "he who makes the least mistakes at this level wins" attitude 🤣
That's like our team in the Stanley league. I joined 2 1/2 years ago and we haven't lost a game since I joined, cups included and only lost 1 game in 5 years. I'm probably the least consistent person on my team though.

As for Bishop I've seen a few posts on FB and think it looks canny if I'm honest. Might take a jaunt over sometime.
Send me a message mate
Clear your inbox mate 👍

Last edited:
That's like our team in the Stanley league. I joined 2 1/2 years ago and we haven't lost a game since I joined, cups included and only lost 1 game in 5 years. I'm probably the least consistent person on my team though.

As for Bishop I've seen a few posts on FB and think it looks canny if I'm honest. Might take a jaunt over sometime.

Clear your inbox mate 👍

My mates an ex snooker player, really good player. He used to enter them CIU 8 ball comps a few years back. He made at least the semis 3 times I think which meant we had a drink watching him wherever they were. Went all the way to Leicester ( might of been Derby) to watch him lose in the final to kev rainbow from Consett 🤣🤣 .

One miss or shit positional shot and it's curtains

My mates an ex snooker player, really good player. He used to enter them CIU 8 ball comps a few years back. He made at least the semis 3 times I think which meant we had a drink watching him wherever they were. Went all the way to Leicester ( might of been Derby) to watch him lose in the final to kev rainbow from Consett 🤣🤣 .

One miss or shit positional shot and it's curtains
I used to play on the same team as Kev years ago. The likes of him, Rhodesy and Oli are just insane around here.

Played Kev in the final of Consett singles a number of years back in a first to 7 and got thumped 7-0. Had 2 dry breaks to start the match and I was 4-0 down before having a shot 😂 😂

I used to play on the same team as Kev years ago. The likes of him, Rhodesy and Oli are just insane around here.

Played Kev in the final of Consett singles a number of years back in a first to 7 and got thumped 7-0. Had 2 dry breaks to start the match and I was 4-0 down before having a shot 😂 😂

Is that rhodesy who used to play snooker, if it's the same one I was on holiday with him in about 1993. He got hypnotised and shagged a broom on stage at pontins 🤣

Edit think it's Michael the one I'm thinking of

Last edited:
Is that rhodesy who used to play snooker, if it's the same one I was on holiday with him in about 1993. He got hypnotised and shagged a broom on stage at pontins 🤣

Edit think it's Michael the one I'm thinking of
Yeah definitely Michael Rhodes. I'll probably see him sometime in the next week so I might call him the broom shagger for shits and giggles 😂
That pool league that's on TNT sports now (use to be on free sports) is an unreal standard. Clean up practically every time they come to the table
Ultimate Pool. It's absolutely mental that level.

I love playing. Never played for a pub or team as it’s far too serious and in all honesty I’m probably not good enough.

Play semi regularly with friends and family and we’re all of a similar ability so it’s competitive. Im competent at most aspects of the game but screwing the white ball back can be problematic. Trying to judge how to screw back half a foot instead of a foot is something I’ve never mastered and I usually end up f***ing up the pot!

My Dad plays in the Consett league on a Wednesday, has done for at least 30 years.

There's also a new knockout every Monday at Hooch's, most of the best league players were at the first one last week. My Dad beat two county players then lost to Fish in the semi final.

My Dad plays in the Consett league on a Wednesday, has done for at least 30 years.

There's also a new knockout every Monday at Hooch's, most of the best league players were at the first one last week. My Dad beat two county players then lost to Fish in the semi final.
Yeah you're Ron's son aren't you. I remember talking to you about him a while ago. I haven't seen him in a while but your Dad was always one of my bogey players. I was like lightning and he always managed to put me in my place.
I love playing. Never played for a pub or team as it’s far too serious and in all honesty I’m probably not good enough.

Play semi regularly with friends and family and we’re all of a similar ability so it’s competitive. Im competent at most aspects of the game but screwing the white ball back can be problematic. Trying to judge how to screw back half a foot instead of a foot is something I’ve never mastered and I usually end up f***ing up the pot!
I love playing in leagues but I can understand why people don't. Some people think that they're playing at the crucible and demand silence and I've seen others berating their team mates for taking the wrong shot.

If you were to ever make a team and play in a league, just make sure you do it with your mates and that you enjoy it or if you don't, still just enjoy it.

Last edited:
Yeah you're Ron's son aren't you. I remember talking to you about him a while ago. I haven't seen him in a while but your Dad was always one of my bogey players. I was like lightning and he always managed to put me in my place.
That's right aye, couldn't remember if it was yourself.

I used to be able to give him a decent game but haven't picked up a cue in years, he'd wallop me now. He's definitely the Cliff Thorburn of the league. :D

Have a look at that Hooch's knockout though, Dad reckons in was a cracking night last week. Serious but not serious, if you know what I mean.

Back