RTG Politics Forum - Vote

Should the politics forum remain as a subforum or be merged back into the SMB?

• Remain a subforum

Votes: 374 73.2%
  • Merge with SMB

Votes: 137 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Couple more days and the budding che guevaras and adolf hitlers can spruik their tedious bollocks to their hearts content safe in the knowledge they wont be haranguing decent people with their ill informed dangerous rhetoric.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Can we send you to the politics forum?

Keep it as a subforum or merge it back with the SMB?

I will do whatever the majority of people want.
Is this an SMB referendum kind of thing?

What's wrong with the way things are?

Has Readytogo got some kind of identity crisis? or is it ALS - SMB?

If the % of the voters that 'lose' this vote are predominately paying customers - are you at risk of alienating them?

Is readytogo/als just a football forum? - clearly not - why pigeon hole politics in particular? ultimately politics affects all other sub forums.

Instead - why not create an 'executive box' membership for those that don't want to be exposed to all the 'noise' of lesser mortals in SMB/Parsnip?

I'm sure there are a lot of SR6's just waiting to give you their Credit card details and sign up for at least 50 quid a mo (according to them, but a tenner at least realistically)

.... by the way would this thread be classed as a political debate or what?

...on a side note why not attach an icon to avatars like 'SR6 Paid Member' 'SR6 Non Paid Member' SR1 Payed Member' ' SR1 Non Paid Member' 'Sandy Paid member' etc
and let's see who put's their money where their mouth is....

Last edited:
Is this an SMB referendum kind of thing?

What's wrong with the way things are?

Has Readytogo got some kind of identity crisis? or is it ALS - SMB?

If the % of the voters that 'lose' this vote are predominately paying customers - are you at risk of alienating them?

Is readytogo/als just a football forum? - clearly not - why pigeon hole politics in particular? ultimately politics affects all other sub forums.

Instead - why not create an 'executive box' membership for those that don't want to be exposed to all the 'noise' of lesser mortals in SMB/Parsnip?

I'm sure there are a lot of SR6's just waiting to give you their Credit card details and sign up for at least 50 quid a mo (according to them, but a tenner at least realistically)

.... by the way would this thread be classed as a political debate or what?

...on a side note why not attach an icon to avatars like 'SR6 Paid Member' 'SR6 Non Paid Member' SR1 Payed Member' ' SR1 Non Paid Member' 'Sandy Paid member' etc
and let's see who put's their money where their mouth is....
What on earth has the post code to do with this already tedious topic?
The poll was very clear from the outset.
Those that felt strongly enough about it from both sides of the divide have delivered their verdict and the politics piffle peddlers have been , by any standards, obliterated. ..and boy don't it feel grand to be sooooo right!
So suck it all up sonny and you and your political anorak pals can shuffle off to your side cave and put the world to rights without annoying normal folk.
Goodbye

merge it back as promised
What is it that so drives you to believing normal people should have their messageboard experience ruined by having to trawl ( and avoid) through scores of threads where knuckledragging red necked racists are squabbling with mealy mouthed tree huggers.
The smb was an utter mess from the day farage gave Ukip and Edl stormtroopers à license to promulgate their piffle. Brexit then compounded the problem. You couldn't move for their tripe.
Well done the gaffer for trying to resolve and clear up this mayhem fairly and democratically once and for all.

In favour of keeping it seperate. Keeps the moaners, bed wetters and dissenters off the board.

I'd like PF merged with the SMB though.

What is it that so drives you to believing normal people should have their messageboard experience ruined by having to trawl ( and avoid) through scores of threads where knuckledragging red necked racists are squabbling with mealy mouthed tree huggers.
The smb was an utter mess from the day farage gave Ukip and Edl stormtroopers à license to promulgate their piffle. Brexit then compounded the problem. You couldn't move for their tripe.
Well done the gaffer for trying to resolve and clear up this mayhem fairly and democratically once and for all.

It was a temporary move, and a very subversive one trying to hide away serious issues.

I think it has to be merged back. Its impractical to expect people to decide at every thread they create should it go in SMB or Politics

In the end most political stuff will end up in SMB as per normal and the mods will be wondering what to move and what not to.

will we never learn... public votes don't work! this will be a disaster on the joe mcelderry scale of things! #merge

In favour of keeping it seperate. Keeps the moaners, bed wetters and dissenters off the board.

I'd like PF merged with the SMB though.
that's why we have the PF to keep them away from the SMB...

will we never learn... public votes don't work! this will be a disaster on the joe mcelderry scale of things! #merge

that's why we have the PF to keep them away from the SMB...
It looks like the merge campaign has failed. New Posts seems to be the only viable alternative.

What on earth has the post code to do with this already tedious topic?
The poll was very clear from the outset.
Those that felt strongly enough about it from both sides of the divide have delivered their verdict and the politics piffle peddlers have been , by any standards, obliterated. ..and boy don't it feel grand to be sooooo right!
So suck it all up sonny and you and your political anorak pals can shuffle off to your side cave and put the world to rights without annoying normal folk.
Goodbye
I take it you voted remain - bad loser - it's ok , I understand

Keep it as a subforum or merge it back with the SMB?

I will do whatever the majority of people want.

That is quite a shift of position from the original intentions of the politics sub forum which was that it would be a temporary forum.
Making it a permanent sub forum further dilutes the main SMB forum in my opinion. If people don't want to read political threads on the SMB then they should simply not open them. As a sub forum it served its purpose, bring it back to the main SMB.

This isn't a permanent forum, but is in place until the furore surrounding the European Referendum dies down a little to restore some order to the main SMB forum.

It will be removed at some point in the future
, but for now all politics/EU related conversations should be in this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back