Police Officer Killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the US they have freedom to carry firearms in most places, and it's even worse in places where they don't, like Chicago.

Culturally we're totally different, but I think it's asking too much to send police into reported crimes basically defenceless.

I'm not saying they should carry firearms around with them all day on duty, but when responding to robberies you know they're dealing with scum who have no respect. Sickening.

Huge amount of jobs they deal with is dealing with someone who would not hesitate in kicking a cops head in and worse sadly. Every cop meeds taser but not every cop needs a firearm.

PC Andrew Harper was allegedly struck by a car in Sulhamstead, Berkshire, and dragged under the vehicle for some distance, before then being hit by another car.

(from the Fail)
:(

I know some are but you have to think worst case scenario nowadays, too many young people have no respect.
Not just the young whole swathes of society are like that. Some people may not like the police but anyone laying even a finger on them should be absolutely slammed.
Look at that girl the other day, sticks the nut on a wpc and gets nowt more than a slap on the wrist from the courts

Not just the young whole swathes of society are like that. Some people may not like the police but anyone laying even a finger on them should be absolutely slammed.
Look at that girl the other day, sticks the nut on a wpc and gets nowt more than a slap on the wrist from the courts

The stocks should be brought back for scum like that.
I'd say public shaming should come back, but we have social media now and apparently it's almost impossible to shame some people

Reactions: Kaz
The stocks should be brought back for scum like that.
I'd say public shaming should come back, but we have social media now and apparently it's almost impossible to shame some people
No shame at all you’re right, was a time people would be labelled as a wrangun for this sort of behaviour now it’s seen as quite acceptable to some folk

You think it would be cheaper here? I doubt it. Although wait for your beloved Brexit. You'll probably see the return of ducking stools
Haha. Shoehorn brexit in there.
I just commented on the it costs more to execute someone than life imprisonment. That is not necessarily true. It's just something that is brought out on every thread. My only opposition to capital punishment is that the guilty verdicts are not 100% watertight. If they were I'm all for it. I have no moral qualms about dispatching a wrongun.

!0 people ? Bloody hell. Surely lone coppers are not confronting gangs of suspects without help ?
Time to double up, for better protection ?
I've not read how he died. Tragedy, sympathy to family and friends.

Most times they’re out on their own purely due to lack of sufficient numbers to double up.

PC Andrew Harper was allegedly struck by a car in Sulhamstead, Berkshire, and dragged under the vehicle for some distance, before then being hit by another car.

(from the Fail)
:(
:eek: Horrendous that like.:(

Actually shocked at this and the Eldon sq murder and the age of those involved.

Haha. Shoehorn brexit in there.
I just commented on the it costs more to execute someone than life imprisonment. That is not necessarily true. It's just something that is brought out on every thread. My only opposition to capital punishment is that the guilty verdicts are not 100% watertight. If they were I'm all for it. I have no moral qualms about dispatching a wrongun.

Sorry, Harry. Childish dig I must admit.
I bet you'd support Crime Island. It's very cost effective
The lack of respect for the police is scary. Just watch some of those 999 programmes.

If we are not careful we will end up with fewer and fewer people wanting to become coppers and when that happens we are all fucked.

I can't watch 999 What's Your Emergency. I want to end so many pricks that are on them. It's not good for my blood pressure

The lack of respect for the police is scary. Just watch some of those 999 programmes.

If we are not careful we will end up with fewer and fewer people wanting to become coppers and when that happens we are all fucked.

Still loads coming through the door. The job can be more selective now and only take ones with degrees which is insane. What does a degree have anything to do with policing?
Probationers now will have to also work towards a degree therefore less policing where it matters.
College of policing who advocates this stuff is the laughing stock of frontline cops

This murder has happened worrying close to where I used to live not long ago

Shouldn't presume anything, but there are a large amount of a certain type of community that live in that area so thoughts immediately go there as the possible culprits.

Not far from where Princess Kate was brought up. I am sure some of the rags will take that angle once they realise

Last edited by a moderator:

Only a small sample size but I couldn't believe the way they spoke to the police on "Our cops in the North" and "Canny Cops". Telling the coppers to fuck off, spitting at them, screaming abuse, I couldn't understand why the police just took it.

Only a small sample size but I couldn't believe the way they spoke to the police on "Our cops in the North" and "Canny Cops". Telling the coppers to fuck off, spitting at them, screaming abuse, I couldn't understand why the police just took it.
And its little wonder that coppers sometimes in certain situations are on the defensive from the start and even more so as it just said that 30k have been assaulted in the last year. That is shocking. Must seem that if a copper comes across someone who treats them like a human they would be in shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back