Police asking for yet more money in McCann Investigation

Strange that people think they should pay for it themselves. If my kid went missing I wouldn't be impressed if the police said they'd have a look after I lashed them a couple hundred grand.

I'm inclined to think this has no chance of finding Maddie, or a guilty party. I cant help but think if the police think there are avenues worth exploring they would be negligent not to at least ask for the money.

Strange that people think they should pay for it themselves. If my kid went missing I wouldn't be impressed if the police said they'd have a look after I lashed them a couple hundred grand.

I'm inclined to think this has no chance of finding Maddie, or a guilty party. I cant help but think if the police think there are avenues worth exploring they would be negligent not to at least ask for the money.

I'm no expert in these things but I've never understood why this case has had so much time and money spent on it already. Surely shit loads of kids go missing? Seems to me that this one case gets an absolutely disproportionate amount of resources thrown at it.

It's the conspiracy nuts who really make me laugh with their ludicrous crackpot theories.

Some of the biggest loons make out a gang of men staked out the flat, meticulously recorded the movements of the parents, broke into the flat, kidnapped a child, carried her through a tourist resort, avoided all cctv/police/search party, smuggled her out of the country and flogged her to a desperate couple .....

..... all without leaving a footprint, fingerprint, hair or the slightest trace of DNA.

I tell you man, some people's imagination :lol:

Last edited:
Problem the police have is the future. somewhere down the line there will be a parliamentary investigation and the will ask the officer in charge, did you run the investigation so all lines of investigation were ruled out.
No we decided to put perimeters on as to limit the cost.
you what, you did not investigate all leads, how dare you, a childs life is involved here. That child is out there and you just packed it in. closed it down.
we had no money
no money, a childs life is involved here

all the media can now line up and give the met a kicking. the mps can give the met a kicking and anybody else who wants to join in

It's the conspiracy nuts who really make me laugh with their ludicrous crackpot theories.

Some of the biggest loons make out a gang of men staked out the flat, meticulously recorded the movements of the parents, broke into the flat, kidnapped a child, carried her through a tourist resort, avoided all cctv/police/search party, smuggled her out of the country and flogged her to a desperate couple .....

..... all without leaving a footprint, fingerprint, hair or the slightest trace of DNA.

one of the biggest issues that the scene was never preserved properly and a full forensic examination done. The scene was closed down for a very short period of time and I am sure it was never secured properly

Problem the police have is the future. somewhere down the line there will be a parliamentary investigation and the will ask the officer in charge, did you run the investigation so all lines of investigation were ruled out.
No we decided to put perimeters on as to limit the cost.
you what, you did not investigate all leads, how dare you, a childs life is involved here. That child is out there and you just packed it in. closed it down.
we had no money
no money, a childs life is involved here

all the media can now line up and give the met a kicking. the mps can give the met a kicking and anybody else who wants to join in

And the poor officer will receive a massive payoff and retired to Surrey on a full pension :lol:

So your saying it was them two as well?

If I may paraphrase and dust off an relatively young chestnut...

She's dead, Susan x

EDIT - I have no proof of whether that is true or not, I'm just pissed off at the potential for more tax payers coin to be spent on this.

More than £11M has been spent on this investigation.

£11 Million.

Just think how many kids with brain tumours could have been sent to the states or wherever to try new treatments.
Or even we could have put a lot of that towards a new treatment centre here.

Or we could have paid off Rodwell's contract.

I'm no expert in these things but I've never understood why this case has had so much time and money spent on it already. Surely shit loads of kids go missing? Seems to me that this one case gets an absolutely disproportionate amount of resources thrown at it.
Shit loads of kids go missing, very few stay missing.

I agree there has been shitloads more spent on this case than you would expect. That doesn't mean that the investigating officers shouldn't be asking for money if they think they can make progress, the people holding the purse strings can always refuse the request.

Back