Poland - Gdansk

Soppot for a day out if it’s warm
This and visit Ocneba, a cracking Georgian Restaurant near The Crooked House. Recommend Kharcho Soup and Khachapuri which is like Pizza but with an egg on top and butter

Gdansk itself has loads of great places, Bar Neptun for traditional stuff. Also No To Cyk for Vodka.

@Starman you'll not struggle for decent bars and restaurants at all.

Highly recommend a visit to Malbork Castle too.

Me and a mate are off there in October.

Last edited:
Rednek for Zapiekanki and burgers really cheap and tasty.

No to cyk class atmosphere, pub red light, pixel… loads of places to be fair.

Was there 10 days ago with my family, so my answers will be family based.

WW2 museum is fantastic, spent ages there and really interesting. Worth taking a boat trip to Westerplatte, 5 miles away (30 minutes each way), you can see various WW2 sires and landmarks there including a small Polish war cemetery.

Depending on your age (I'm an old git) you may remember Solidarity (Solidarnosc) trade union and all the strikes there, this was a massive thing under Communism at the time. Supern museum there.

Stutton concentration camp is only 30-40 minutes outside Gdansk too if you're interested in that part of history.

Malbork Castle is huge, we went there but only on the outside as we didn't have enough time to go inside and do it justice, takes around 3 hours to go round.

Loads of bars and restaurants there, fill your boots. Really enjoyed Gdansk and would go there again.

Last edited:
Went to Gdańsk to see Depeche Mode years ago, only there a couple nights but plenty bars and restaurants dotted about, people selling Amber literally every corner I turned, was winter when we went so was Baltic cold and the beach was thick of snow. There was a lot of construction / renovation works going on at the time, so would love to go back and see what it’s like now.

Ok in Gdańsk now, been to war museum, Gydnia but tomorrow won’t be able to fit the castle visit in. Anyone any suggestions for tomorrow please?

Back