Pointless scenes in films?

safcrob

Winger
The bit in Get Out when the Deer gets hit but then again hitting something from out of knowhere while driving along a quiet road usually happens in horror films. I guess its films way of saying that shit is about to come.

Fight scene in Anchorman 2.
How about all of Anchorman 2?

Deer Hunter wedding is a good shout.

I remember our lass watching The Hobbit - a short story that was shamelessly stretched into three films to make more dough. There was a long scene at the hobbit’s house with all the gnomes hoying plates around that was a massive session of cinematic wanking that served zero purpose in moving the story along just padded out the length of the film.

The scene where Douglas licks Sarah Connors face in Terminator 2. It was memorable but didn't add anything to the plot.
Disagree. The character was a passive screamer in T1. Bad enough being locked up in a looney bin but that demonstrated the abuse that she suffered inside so provides background to how the character transformed into a proactive raging badass having had to endure that sort of filth from ‘the establishment’

Disagree. The character was a passive screamer in T1. Bad enough being locked up in a looney bin but that demonstrated the abuse that she suffered inside so provides background to how the character transformed into a proactive raging badass having had to endure that sort of filth from ‘the establishment’

And why she proceeded to twat him all over with a snapped mop handle when she got out of her cell

The greenhouse scene in Scum, it just didn’t sit right with me
That and the scene in The Accused are horrific watching. I don't think they needed to be so graphic, but thought both served a purpose in highlighting a heinous act and the culture that allows it to be so endemic.

Same with the pulp fiction bumming scene. In fact tarrantino is a weirdo , remember his character in from dusk till dawn, proper rapey
The whole Winston Wolf scene is pretty pointless. All he needed to do was organise the car to be destroyed but they is about 20 mins of a gang enforcer helming a car been cleaned. The entire scene is only there to give Harvey Keital a role and for Tarantino to say the n word over and over again

Back