Plymouth boss not happy

From my memory (so could easily be wrong) they were screaming for him to come back on as they felt that the 30 seconds were up but we had the ball in close proximity to where Forshaw would have come back onto the pitch so by the laws of the game he could not re-enter the pitch as he could have had an immediate effect on the play.
We then switched the ball to Clarke and he did the rest.

He was poor, but likely equally poor for both sides. It is the ones against us I remember.

First half, it felt like 50% of our attacks broke down because Mumba decided to have a lie down for a rest rather than try to defend. Some replays showed no contact at all and down he went. Must have done that at least a dozen times, and Clarke was getting very frustrated.

Leading up to the Ekwah free kick, the ball came (from Neil) I think to Clarke on the edge of the area, and the Plymouth defender had both of Clarke's arms held behind his back. He tried to get to the ball, but could not move. Another defender cleared badly, it came straight back, they fouled and just as I was typing to moan about the ref again, we scored.

Clarke again runs into the area, passes two players, one tries to slide in but doesn't win the ball, ref sees a player go down, free kick Plymouth.

Players scrapping for the ball in our right corner, their player kicks it out for a throw, they get a corner!

I think both sides could go on like this. Those are the first ones that stick in my mind. Yes refs make mistakes, but this one made a hell of a lot of mistakes. He was not doing the big show and making it all about him. He was just out of his depth. I joked on the match thread that it was only his third game as a referee. I don't know if anyone believed it, but it was believable.
Seems to be the latest tactic by defenders now, feign contact and injury, I know it’s gone on for years but seems to be a lot worse now and referees fall for it ( pun intended).

He was waived on as soon as they took the free kick. Like everyone else it happens to. You don't get to wait 30 seconds for him to come on and get in position then take the free kick.

Sounds more like he either doesn't know or doesn't like the rules, at least for the two things he was complaining about - injured player staying off the pitch and free kicks for fouls outside the box.

Didnt seem to have much to say about Mumba going down every time someone breathed on him, nor how his wall went missing in action for our equaliser, apart from to say that was one of 87 free kicks.
Missing in action, one of them decided to have a lie down behind the wall blocking absolutely nothing.

As the ball skimmed past his studs, should have had somebody taller doing that job.

First half, it felt like 50% of our attacks broke down because Mumba decided to have a lie down for a rest rather than try to defend. Some replays showed no contact at all and down he went. Must have done that at least a dozen times, and Clarke was getting very frustrated.

The lad needs to get on the weights as he's clearly not physically strong enough for a mans game based on yesterday.

Ref was generally poor, but he was good at cracking down on time-wasting. Even quite early in the first half he was onto their keeper, and also dragged their players away from the bench after they'd scored.

That's probably why their manager is pissed off, not being able to drag the shit out of the game.

Back