Plymouth boss not happy

He was poor, but likely equally poor for both sides. It is the ones against us I remember.

First half, it felt like 50% of our attacks broke down because Mumba decided to have a lie down for a rest rather than try to defend. Some replays showed no contact at all and down he went. Must have done that at least a dozen times, and Clarke was getting very frustrated.

Leading up to the Ekwah free kick, the ball came (from Neil) I think to Clarke on the edge of the area, and the Plymouth defender had both of Clarke's arms held behind his back. He tried to get to the ball, but could not move. Another defender cleared badly, it came straight back, they fouled and just as I was typing to moan about the ref again, we scored.

Clarke again runs into the area, passes two players, one tries to slide in but doesn't win the ball, ref sees a player go down, free kick Plymouth.

Players scrapping for the ball in our right corner, their player kicks it out for a throw, they get a corner!

I think both sides could go on like this. Those are the first ones that stick in my mind. Yes refs make mistakes, but this one made a hell of a lot of mistakes. He was not doing the big show and making it all about him. He was just out of his depth. I joked on the match thread that it was only his third game as a referee. I don't know if anyone believed it, but it was believable.
"Equally" 🙄😂😂😂

Tell us about the ones that went against Plymouth, then... EQUALLY.

He was poor. I know he was young when he was with us and will have improved, but easy to see why he didn't really get a game. League One was a lot more physical and Sunderland are not a physical team. If he was like Bambi on ice against us, there are a few L1 midfielders who would have him thrown to the back of a stand.

Then he had a strop coming off.

A little daft niggly point, but he unwrapped something from his arm and threw it down on the pitch. I think leaving something on the pitch should be a parting yellow card too, or some sort of fine. Sets a bad example. Some of the pitches I play on are covered in lengths of discarded tape when we start games. Just put it in the bin you scruffy bastards.
Yeah saw that ,Hume looked at him like shit picked it up and threw it off. Was it tape?

Ref was equally crap for both but they were simply outclassed. We are far better than they are. Simple

87 free kicks on the edge of their box. Aye, from 87 bad fouls ya bell piece

Last edited:
Noticed them fuming about Forshaw not being allowed straight back on after getting treatment.
We scored while he was off the pitch.

Not sure what the problem was under the new rules. If they had made the sub they were making until they changed their mind it still would have been 11 vs 11

Its often surprising to see it from the other side, I thought the ref was terrible like them. I thought his movement was the worst, too close to the play and constantly getting the way, then would make a silly little mistake dispite his proximity to the incident (the randon corner being the prime example).
Naive of their boss to be upset at the freekick that led to our first goal. If you allow your team to constantly foul on the edge of the box, you cant be upset with the isolated one we score from.
The score reflected the game correctly at the end of the day.

Every one on the edge of the box. Was
More Than fair. Tell your player to stop pulling opposition players down.
(Or maybe your telling them to do it) never seen it happen so many times.

Its often surprising to see it from the other side, I thought the ref was terrible like them. I thought his movement was the worst, too close to the play and constantly getting the way, then would make a silly little mistake dispite his proximity to the incident (the randon corner being the prime example).
Naive of their boss to be upset at the freekick that led to our first goal. If you allow your team to constantly foul on the edge of the box, you cant be upset with the isolated one we score from.
The score reflected the game correctly at the end of the day.
I forgot about the getting in the way. Was it two or three times the ball hit him. Then he jumped and one of our passes forward went under him, but the Plymouth midfielder was not happy because if it were not for the ref he might have intercepted it. Both teams had a few attempted passes where they had to change their mind because the ref was “marking” their intended target.

Didnt seem to have much to say about Mumba going down every time someone breathed on him, nor how his wall went missing in action for our equaliser, apart from to say that was one of 87 free kicks.

Back