Plod happy to risk killing an old bloke for a carrying walking stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah you've lost me here. There was a bloke hurling an axe about endangering people. Are you seriously comparing it to a blind bloke wandering aimlessly with a white stick? Oh, yes you are :lol:
he wasnt aimlessly walkign with a white stick though was he. As the article that you handily attached explained he was in a darkened corner of a train station platform.

Its important to get your facts right when having a discussion otherwise you can look a bit silly

and explain why a blind man cant wave an axe around? Its his eyes not his hands that dont work
Because swinging an axe in a threatening manner requires vision and balance. Go and try swinging an axe around in the garden with your eyes shut and see if you can hit something

Because swinging an axe in a threatening manner requires vision and balance. Go and try swinging an axe around in the garden with your eyes shut and see if you can hit something
you can anything with your eyes shut. There are 11 of them running round a football field with a red and white top on with their eyes shut every week.

Have you tried this theory to ensure it is a robust argument :lol:

I am. The agenda is its not acceptable to try to murder blind people for having a folded up stick.

I get the feeling that the poor bloke that got tasered is of secondary importance to you. If you were prepared to discuss some of the issues (like why was his stick folded, why didn't he respond when asked, the fact that he himself acknowledged that his behaviour could be viewed as suspicious) then your argument would carry a bit more weight.

I happen to agree with you (I think) that the police need to be held more to account - but not necessarily in this particular case.

Can someone from Team Danger please throw a white towel in the ring right now please?

Don't do it lads, its a trick and might conveniently be mistaken for a weapon.

I get the feeling that the poor bloke that got tasered is of secondary importance to you. If you were prepared to discuss some of the issues (like why was his stick folded, why didn't he respond when asked, the fact that he himself acknowledged that his behaviour could be viewed as suspicious) then your argument would carry a bit more weight.

I happen to agree with you (I think) that the police need to be held more to account - but not necessarily in this particular case.

I don't know why it was folded, perhaps he was just getting it out? It's designed to fold and unfold. He didn't respond cos he is blind so probably didn't have a clue who they were shouting at. There's certainly more reasons for his behaviour than there is the police and their apparent lust for violence.

Last edited:
Don't do it lads, its a trick and might conveniently be mistaken for a weapon.

I don't know why it was folded, perhaps he was just getting it out? It's designed to fold and unfold. He didn't respond cos he is blind so probably didn't have a clue who they were shouting at. There's certainly more reasons for his behaviour than there is the police and their apparent lust for violence.

The only weapon I can see is.......... YOU.

BOOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back