Player of the season so far

Wyke so far. Without his goals where would we be in league? I know the Wyke haters will retort by saying with the goals he's missed we would be top!!

Would give it to Wyke, turnaround the lad has shown is remarkable and he deserves it just for that. I was pelting him for first half of it too, so I feel guilty about that. Even his all round play has improved.

Lots of effort from all of the squad but at the same time it's highlighted the limit of their ability. Aiden McGeady is by far out best player and even at 35 it's clear he can still operate at a much higher level. We are bloody lucky to still have him especially after the PP treatment, that type of resilience and professionalism is hard to find. He's still our benchmark for technical ability and also desire to win, could not ask for anymore from him. The rest of the team lets him down, and they are aware when they do. All considered he typifies what it means to play for SAFC; legend in history for years to come.

We've got a striker who has scored 27 goals (without a single penalty or free kick among them btw) and people are talking about O'Nien as player of the year because he tries hard? WTF?
Did you not read my op ? Says a lot more than he tries hard .

Lots of effort from all of the squad but at the same time it's highlighted the limit of their ability. Aiden McGeady is by far out best player and even at 35 it's clear he can still operate at a much higher level. We are bloody lucky to still have him especially after the PP treatment, that type of resilience and professionalism is hard to find. He's still our benchmark for technical ability and also desire to win, could not ask for anymore from him. The rest of the team lets him down, and they are aware when they do. All considered he typifies what it means to play for SAFC; legend in history for years to come.
I think legend is pushing it but yes I would vote for him

Is it?

A 'much' higher level?

It wasn't exactly clear he could operate at a higher level four years ago, so I'm far from convinced it is now.

Legend my arse.

Hopefully a tiny footnote once this nightmare is finally over.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be logical to give it to Wyke for the amount of goals or Mcgeady for the amount of assists.

However I would give it to Onien. He has played in 3 different positions and has looked the part in each of them. Nobody works harder than Onien and his passion and enthusiasm for the club is class.

Between Wyke, O'Nien and McGeady.
Wyke's goals, O'Nien's tenacity and ability to do a good job for the team, wherever he is asked to play, McGeady for his revitalising skill and major impact in a part season after he was treated dreadfully.
If he gets us up with a couple more goals. I might be inclined to Wyke because of where he has come from.

Is it?

A 'much' higher level?

It wasn't exactly clear he could operate at a higher level for years ago, so I'm far from convinced it is now.

Legend my arse.

Hopefully a tiny footnote once this nightmare is finally over.
Yes I reckon so, top of the Championship is his level now and "much" higher than where we are at the moment. Not saying he's a premier player, but you couldn't ask anymore from him. He's showing the younger lads the way forward so credit where it is due. Ok maybe not a legend, but one of the big positives through our re-building nightmare.

McGeady and Sanderson have been our top performers since Lee Johnson took over but the thread title would have to be changed to "Player of the last half of the season so far"

;)

Back