Plans for new £1.5m road to improve cultural quarter in Sunderland city centre unveiled

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not on this thread no, but I noticed on the cyclists thread that you adopted a very antagonistic position regarding the use of cars on our roads. That is to say, that cars are a menace on roads ;):D.

I just believe that we should be moving away from cars in dense urban areas. That cycle thread has been a fun discussion. :)

Would be nice to see the cultural area have limited car usage. It would make it a really inviting place to be. See the work they've done at Newcastle in the Ouseburn as an example, narrowed roads, made it easier for people to come and go on foot. Much nicer environment for everyone.

the new road, LOOK AT THE NEW ROAD!!

WHOOP WHOOP.... NEW ROAD... RIGHT ON MAN... YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plenty! But you're clearly one of the 'glass half empty' majority in this city, which is the reason hardly anything succeeds, but that's great for you lot as you can say 'I told you so' when things do fail!

Just like the one that was there...but was hardly ever used and because of that started to fall to bits? It was an age thing, kids have moved on...not like us older generation who used this as their main weekend entertainment.

Strange how people moan about lack of this type of facility when they're removed, but I bet they hardly used it when it was there.

Mate... there is fuck all in this City to shout about, apart from Sunderland Council white elephants... If you're trying to tell me otherwise you're as deluded as this tin pot council!

Mate... there is fuck all in this City to shout about, apart from Sunderland Council white elephants... If you're trying to tell me otherwise you're as deluded as this tin pot council!

Have you got any suggestions that you think would improve the city centre or just moans when anything is tried?

I just believe that we should be moving away from cars in dense urban areas. That cycle thread has been a fun discussion. :)

Would be nice to see the cultural area have limited car usage. It would make it a really inviting place to be. See the work they've done at Newcastle in the Ouseburn as an example, narrowed roads, made it easier for people to come and go on foot. Much nicer environment for everyone.
Are you seriously asking people to WALK!! How very dare you.

WHOOP WHOOP.... NEW ROAD... RIGHT ON MAN... YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You always look for someone/something else to blame for your own shortcomings. When they do nowt you're critical. When they do summat you're critical. You don't like the council? I think we know, you never get sick of telling us.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

You just keeping quiet as part of your master plan to improve the city then or can you let us in on the secret...

A monorail is my number one improvement...

We should also pull down any building built pre 1945...

Then I would install proper showers on Keel square, for communal use...

Then I would increase council tax by 40% and invest the extra income into better VIP tent services, at the Airshow and other council run events...

Just a few points from my grand plan!

You just keeping quiet as part of your master plan to improve the city then or can you let us in on the secret...
Maybe he could set it up as a multiple choice questionnaire.
A monorail is my number one improvement...

We should also pull down any building built pre 1945...

Then I would install proper showers on Keel square, for communal use...

Then I would increase council tax by 40% and invest the extra income into better VIP tent services, at the Airshow and other council run events...

Just a few points from my grand plan!
Anyone else.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back