Pizza Box meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find where I live in Newcastle there is a lack of decent Chinese takeaways, the pizza is generally disgusting (except for Pizzeria Francesca which is fantastic) and the Indian takeaway currys are incredibly greasy. Prefer to just save my money tbh.
Jesmond Tandoori do a canny take on a kebab. Can easily munch 2.

That foodies page opens your eyes to some of the shite that gets served up and thought of as 'lush', says a lot that D'Acqua a genuinely quality restaurant gets hardly any reviews but the 'foodies' lap up a three course big standard Italians for six quid

I think you are probably right. Fish and chips we are ok for. If you class saveloy dips etc as take away we are ok. Obviously a few decent chinese and Indians kicking around.
However for the pizza and kebab type places I think we really are shit. They all seem to use the shittest ingredients and focus on quantity not quality.
It's a pity really because in the early to mid eighties when the Iranians were running the few kebab shops we had they were superb quality.
And........ any place serving those pizza box selections should be closed down.

I agree completely. When I had my first doner kebab in 1981 it was a speculative lunchtime purchase from a kebab shop in the Bigg Market just up from The Blackie Boy pub. I know it's a comedy cliche nowadays but it really was "a taste sensation". I had not realised that meat could have such an exotic taste (mind I was only 22 to be fair so hadn't experienced a great deal exotic cuisine-wise). I'm a great deal older now and my tastebuds have been ravaged by too many hot curries but I swear the meat nowadays is not a patch on the meat I tasted in those early days kebabs. It's typical though: a product becomes popular so the unscrupulous traders start cutting it with sub-standard ingredients. Fact of life unfortunately.

That foodies page opens your eyes to some of the shite that gets served up and thought of as 'lush', says a lot that D'Acqua a genuinely quality restaurant gets hardly any reviews but the 'foodies' lap up a three course big standard Italians for six quid

The "Foodies" aren't real foodies though. They're dimwits who wouldn't know cheese analogue from real cheese saying "look at me".

Reactions: ozz
Cheers. That'll do me mate

You'll have to let us know how you find it. It's always got a glowing reputation on here but I found it fairly average, not much taste to it and quite dry. Don't let that put you off, I'm very much in the minority and might just have bad taste, but I'll be interested to see how you find it

Joining the Sunderland Foodie Facebook page has highlighted a growing trend with take aways, pizza boxes full of absolute shite being sold as meals.

I've been known to enjoy a bite to eat over the years, but quality has got to play a part over quantity...but the idea and the pictures of these meals is a little off putting, yet they're regularly accompanied by quotes of 'amazing', 'unreal' and 'out of this world', do people actually have any concept of what good actually is anymore?

Now I'm only judging this slop by pictures, but random take away shite thrown into a pizza box just doesn't appeal to me at all.
you lying bastard.it means the world to you.

Joining the Sunderland Foodie Facebook page has highlighted a growing trend with take aways, pizza boxes full of absolute shite being sold as meals.

I've been known to enjoy a bite to eat over the years, but quality has got to play a part over quantity...but the idea and the pictures of these meals is a little off putting, yet they're regularly accompanied by quotes of 'amazing', 'unreal' and 'out of this world', do people actually have any concept of what good actually is anymore?

Now I'm only judging this slop by pictures, but random take away shite thrown into a pizza box just doesn't appeal to me at all.
The scratters of Facebook evidently don't, no.

Divinos in town do take away, very nice.
Marcellos do aswell. To call it a 'takeaway' though really doesn't do it justice. It is literally food from a respectable restaurant that you can take home or have delivered to you.

Last edited:
The scratters of Facebook evidently don't, no.

Marcellos do aswell. To call it a 'takeaway' though really doesn't do it justice. It is literally food from a respectable restaurant that you can take home or have delivered to you.

Always get a better takeaway from a restaurant, cos theres usually somebody resembling an actual chef doing the cooking.

Perhaps you may have found 'foodies' somewhat misleading. It is for scratters who subsist on a diet of 95% carbohydrates which gives them their flabby, pasty, dilapidated, ill looking appearance and really love takeaways. They are not gastronomes.

Divinos ordered.

X1 calzone pizza
X1 Bolognese pizza
X1 potato skins
X1 chips
Big bottle of diet Pepsi

Awaits bullshit about ordering diet Pepsi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back