Pizza Box meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderer

Striker
Joining the Sunderland Foodie Facebook page has highlighted a growing trend with take aways, pizza boxes full of absolute shite being sold as meals.

I've been known to enjoy a bite to eat over the years, but quality has got to play a part over quantity...but the idea and the pictures of these meals is a little off putting, yet they're regularly accompanied by quotes of 'amazing', 'unreal' and 'out of this world', do people actually have any concept of what good actually is anymore?

Now I'm only judging this slop by pictures, but random take away shite thrown into a pizza box just doesn't appeal to me at all.

UK takeaway food is notably poor imo.

Takeaway pizzas, kebabs etc. can all be nice when done well but over here about 90% of places seem completely unable to make them well. Presumably because of idiots like those you mention who get a 2 inch deep pizza of stodge and plastic cheese and describe it as "lusharooni". Should be shot at dawn, the lot.

All about profit margins mate. They use absolute rock bottom quality meats,cheeses etc and the general public lap it up. They'll be making a fortune.

UK takeaway food is notably poor imo.

Takeaway pizzas, kebabs etc. can all be nice when done well but over here about 90% of places seem completely unable to make them well. Presumably because of idiots like those you mention who get a 2 inch deep pizza of stodge and plastic cheese and describe it as "lusharooni". Should be shot at dawn, the lot.
I'm in France at the moment and the pizza shop down the road is lovely. Thin crust decent ingredients on top. Not that hard to do.

Probably about a fifth of the fat and calories than some shit like this

Logon or register to see this image

I came home last Saturday after a day on the lash. Absolutely starving and in my drunken state managed to join just eat and order a pizza from somewhere in the area.

What came was a soggy mess. The grease on the bottom of the box was ridiculous had a couple of slices and left it.

Next day I got up and and the cheese had formed to create this clear greasy layer. Awful stuff

I came home last Saturday after a day on the lash. Absolutely starving and in my drunken state managed to join just eat and order a pizza from somewhere in the area.

What came was a soggy mess. The grease on the bottom of the box was ridiculous had a couple of slices and left it.

Next day I got up and and the cheese had formed to create this clear greasy layer. Awful stuff

They've probably use cheese analogue which is an artificial cheese not made from dairy. About half the takeaways use it because its cheaper.

Joining the Sunderland Foodie Facebook page has highlighted a growing trend with take aways, pizza boxes full of absolute shite being sold as meals.

I've been known to enjoy a bite to eat over the years, but quality has got to play a part over quantity...but the idea and the pictures of these meals is a little off putting, yet they're regularly accompanied by quotes of 'amazing', 'unreal' and 'out of this world', do people actually have any concept of what good actually is anymore?

Now I'm only judging this slop by pictures, but random take away shite thrown into a pizza box just doesn't appeal to me at all.

@The Wanderer, your account has been hacked.

I'm in France at the moment and the pizza shop down the road is lovely. Thin crust decent ingredients on top. Not that hard to do.

Probably about a fifth of the fat and calories than some shit like this

Logon or register to see this image

Not hard to do at all. 1) Keep the base thin 2) use a decent cheese 3) don't put kebab meat on it, and it's pretty hard to go wrong.

Pizzas are one of the easier dishes to cook well.

Prefer 3 for £2.60 lidl ones,if i get shop one i put it back in oven until the crust has a word with itsell and the cheese stops being gravy

Those box thing are for people who can't decide what shit they want
Replaces the Sunday dinner as the family shared meal of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back